[ROM][Full OneUI][10] TotsukaOS Q for Galaxy M21

Search This thread

soulr344

Apr 4, 2019
Disclaimer

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

e9h3j5f_d-webp.5190129

Some personal thoughts:
- you should read at least install instructions stated in this post - i won`t offer support for any issues regarding installation;
- press 'Like' button instead of saying thanks - it will keep the thread clean and keep me motivated to do more;
- if you take any of my work without my permission(files, flashing method, fixes or anything else) you'll be reported, and most likely it'll be taken down.

ROM Features (V1)

Only for M215F as of now
  • Based on A515FXXU4CTJ1 - December release
  • OneUI 2.5
  • Full OneUI
  • December security patch
  • PrePatched RMM
  • Aroma Installer
  • Backported A51 Audio stack
  • Updated Samsung bloatware
  • Full GoodLock support
  • Applock ( only on supported CSCs )
  • Native Screenrecorder
  • EdgeLighting in Aroma
  • Dolby on speaker
  • Full Pro Mode
  • Video Pro mode
  • Full SoundAlive
  • Custom Software Info Page
  • Heavily Debloated/Deknoxed
  • Removed bunch of security stuff tlc/tima/proca/vk/others
  • 1120 Fonts mod
  • Google Fonts
  • CSC Tweaks and Prism debloat ( only on supported CSCs )
  • Framework Optimizations
  • Maybe more I can`t remember

TotsukaKernel v1.0 Features
  • Latest source
  • Nuked kperfmon
  • Switchable SeLinux status
  • Updated Integer sqrt()
  • Removed AVB and encryption
  • Nuked Proca, Tima

Bugs?
  • Safetynet needs magisk with MagiskHide enabled to pass ( this makes unlocking the device with pattern and such impossible and you need to flash a separate file to fix it )
  • NFC isn't working
  • Knox Apps, spay, etc won`t work
  • Report bugs at support group if you find any.

Installation Steps (Important):
  • Install latest TWRP for M21 from here and follow all instructions there. Please note that any other TWRP versions will NOT work.
  • Download ROM zip and repartition zip and push it to your device/ext sdcard.
  • Boot to TWRP.
  • Flash repartition zip and reboot to TWRP again. ( you might get failed to mount XXX partition error after reboot but they can be ignored )
  • Do a clean wipe (data, cache, dalvik/art).
  • Format data if you're coming from stock and didn't flash TWRP before.
  • Flash the rom zip through TWRP and select desired options in AROMA installer.
  • If the installer warns about not being able to apply CSC tweaks, report that to support group along with your region.
  • Flash magisk 21.2+ after setting up your device to root.

Kernel Source: https://github.com/soulr344/android_kernel_samsung_m21nsxx

Credits
@corsicanu and @ananjaser1211 - without their help, this wouldn't be possible
@bruh™ and @prashantp01 - for help with the kernel
3arthur6 for bluetooth patch
kdrag0n for basic attestation workaround
My telegram testers @fredin, @pratyush_1327 and @nazimnavas

Last edited:

soulr344

Apr 4, 2019
FAQ
Q: Phone is showing YYY model but my phone is ZZZ model, is that normal?
A: Yes, that is very normal and very intented. Do not change it or you will break features.

Q: Why OEM toggle is missing in this rom?
A: I disabled it to be sure nobody gets locked by mistake.

Q: Magisk app not showing, what to do?
A: Download latest Magisk Manager from here and install as normal app.

Q: My phone shows locked because "Payment services was uninstalled without authorization", how to get rid of it?
A: Unfortunately you need to reflash rom, no wipe needed. Also don't try to debloat the rom again or you will have same issue.

Q: Installation failed, what to do now?
A: First of all make sure you have the pointed twrp. If the problem persists try to redownload the zip and/or reflash with selecting less things in Aroma installer. If you still have the problem, probably your device is not supported.

Q: How to report bugs?
A: If you want to report a bug make sure you include:
-device variant / modem version / bootloader version / region
-detailed info about the encountered issue
-steps to reproduce the bug
-logs

Q: How to take logs?
A: Download Logcat Extreme and take a look at this.

Q: TWRP can't mount data partition, what to do?
A: Make sure you formatted data partition if your previous rom was stock.

Q: Phone is not booting even after 20 minutes?
A: Try to reboot. If still not booting try to redownload the zip and/or reflash with selecting less things in Aroma installer and/or make sure you use the pointed TWRP and/or make sure you formatted data partition if your previous rom was stock.

Q: How to format data partition?
A:
ymlnQUE.jpg

Q: Phone is asking to reboot because sim changed, what should i do?
A: Reboot once and see if it appears again. If yes reboot again.

Q: Phone asks to wipe data because operator changed, should i wipe?
A: Try to cancel and just reboot. If you can't do that or the popup still appear, reflash the rom and wipe in Aroma installer.

Last edited:

lunegov.yuriy

Jan 19, 2021
I am having problems with this ROM. Frequent non-causal reboots, NFC does not work, record pro video does not work

Alright I got some problems shortly after initial setup.
  • NFC is not working. I cannot find settings for it, it shows as enabled in Quick Bar, after long pressing it Settings app crashes
  • App Lock. After pressing it, settings crashes
  • Can't pass basicIntegrity as well as ctsProfile in Magisk. (FIXED: Forgot to enable MagiskHide, disregard this problem.)
I'm using SM-M215F with XEO region. How do I get NFC and App Lock to work?

Help really appreciated!

soulr344

Apr 4, 2019
Alright I got some problems shortly after initial setup.
  • NFC is not working. I cannot find settings for it, it shows as enabled in Quick Bar, after long pressing it Settings app crashes
  • App Lock. After pressing it, settings crashes
  • Can't pass basicIntegrity as well as ctsProfile in Magisk. (FIXED: Forgot to enable MagiskHide, disregard this problem.)
I'm using SM-M215F with XEO region. How do I get NFC and App Lock to work?

Help really appreciated!

well yeah, I don't have NFC support on my M21 so i couldn't check whether it works., also forgot to mention it in bugs applock here and on all supported CSCs works flawlessly, so i don't get your issue there. Also safetynet fix breaks lockscreen(you cant set lockscreen pattern and such) so you need to flash a fix that'll revert the safetynet fix which will make lockscreen working again

well yeah, I don't have NFC support on my M21 so i couldn't check whether it works., also forgot to mention it in bugs applock here and on all supported CSCs works flawlessly, so i don't get your issue there. Also safetynet fix breaks lockscreen(you cant set lockscreen pattern and such) so you need to flash a fix that'll revert the safetynet fix which will make lockscreen working again

Hmmm is there a way to change my CSC to other one? I remember getting this option on other OneUI based Custom ROMs, maybe that would make it work.
About SafetyNet, I'm not expirencing any problems with Lock Screen it passes basicIntegrity and ctsProfile with MagiskHide enabled, and Lock Screen still works fine.
If you want me to send something regarding NFC, let me know I'm more than happy to help out with it. In terms of overall usage, it's a good ROM, those two are the only problems I encountered so far.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

e9h3j5f_d-webp.5190129

Some personal thoughts:
    - you should read at least install instructions stated in this post - i won`t offer support for any issues regarding installation;
    - press 'Like' button instead of saying thanks - it will keep the thread clean and keep me motivated to do more;
    - if you take any of my work without my permission(files, flashing method, fixes or anything else) you'll be reported, and most likely it'll be taken down.

ROM Features (V1)

Only for M215F as of now
    • Based on A515FXXU4CTJ1 - December release
    • OneUI 2.5
    • Full OneUI
    • December security patch
    • PrePatched RMM
    • Aroma Installer
    • Backported A51 Audio stack
    • Updated Samsung bloatware
    • Full GoodLock support
    • Applock ( only on supported CSCs )
    • Native Screenrecorder
    • EdgeLighting in Aroma
    • Dolby on speaker
    • Full Pro Mode
    • Video Pro mode
    • Full SoundAlive
    • Custom Software Info Page
    • Heavily Debloated/Deknoxed
    • Removed bunch of security stuff tlc/tima/proca/vk/others
    • 1120 Fonts mod
    • Google Fonts
    • CSC Tweaks and Prism debloat ( only on supported CSCs )
    • Framework Optimizations
    • Maybe more I can`t remember

TotsukaKernel v1.0 Features
    • Latest source
    • Nuked kperfmon
    • Switchable SeLinux status
    • Updated Integer sqrt()
    • Removed AVB and encryption
    • Nuked Proca, Tima

Bugs?
    • Safetynet needs magisk with MagiskHide enabled to pass ( this makes unlocking the device with pattern and such impossible and you need to flash a separate file to fix it )
    • NFC isn't working
    • Knox Apps, spay, etc won`t work
    • Report bugs at support group if you find any.

Installation Steps (Important):
    • Install latest TWRP for M21 from here and follow all instructions there. Please note that any other TWRP versions will NOT work.
    • Download ROM zip and repartition zip and push it to your device/ext sdcard.
    • Boot to TWRP.
    • Flash repartition zip and reboot to TWRP again. ( you might get failed to mount XXX partition error after reboot but they can be ignored )
    • Do a clean wipe (data, cache, dalvik/art).
    • Format data if you're coming from stock and didn't flash TWRP before.
    • Flash the rom zip through TWRP and select desired options in AROMA installer.
    • If the installer warns about not being able to apply CSC tweaks, report that to support group along with your region.
    • Flash magisk 21.2+ after setting up your device to root.

Kernel Source: https://github.com/soulr344/android_kernel_samsung_m21nsxx

Credits
    @corsicanu and @ananjaser1211 - without their help, this wouldn't be possible
    @bruh™ and @prashantp01 - for help with the kernel
    3arthur6 for bluetooth patch
    kdrag0n for basic attestation workaround
    My telegram testers @fredin, @pratyush_1327 and @nazimnavas
    FAQ
    Q: Phone is showing YYY model but my phone is ZZZ model, is that normal?
    A: Yes, that is very normal and very intented. Do not change it or you will break features.

Q: Why OEM toggle is missing in this rom?
    A: I disabled it to be sure nobody gets locked by mistake.

Q: Magisk app not showing, what to do?
    A: Download latest Magisk Manager from here and install as normal app.

Q: My phone shows locked because "Payment services was uninstalled without authorization", how to get rid of it?
    A: Unfortunately you need to reflash rom, no wipe needed. Also don't try to debloat the rom again or you will have same issue.

Q: Installation failed, what to do now?
    A: First of all make sure you have the pointed twrp. If the problem persists try to redownload the zip and/or reflash with selecting less things in Aroma installer. If you still have the problem, probably your device is not supported.

Q: How to report bugs?
    A: If you want to report a bug make sure you include:
    -device variant / modem version / bootloader version / region
    -detailed info about the encountered issue
    -steps to reproduce the bug
    -logs

Q: How to take logs?
    A: Download Logcat Extreme and take a look at this.

Q: TWRP can't mount data partition, what to do?
    A: Make sure you formatted data partition if your previous rom was stock.

Q: Phone is not booting even after 20 minutes?
    A: Try to reboot. If still not booting try to redownload the zip and/or reflash with selecting less things in Aroma installer and/or make sure you use the pointed TWRP and/or make sure you formatted data partition if your previous rom was stock.

Q: How to format data partition?
    A:
    ymlnQUE.jpg

Q: Phone is asking to reboot because sim changed, what should i do?
    A: Reboot once and see if it appears again. If yes reboot again.

Q: Phone asks to wipe data because operator changed, should i wipe?
    A: Try to cancel and just reboot. If you can't do that or the popup still appear, reflash the rom and wipe in Aroma installer.
    Downloads:

TotsukaOS v1: GDrive | SHA1: 71a739570bffc225e2fbaa2d062717dadaa41bcc
    Repartition: GDrive | SHA1: 857be8ab4f8f2ba2913af0729fc627d745640f3e

Check Post below for screenshots.