[ROM] Fully working AOSP 6.0 for grouper

dmitrygr

Dec 15, 2010
finished this one 4am this morning, and fell asleep before I could post, so here you go:

Writeup, details, etc all here:
http://dmitry.gr/index.php?r=06. Thoughts&proj=04. Android M on Grouper

What works: selinux, camera, NFC, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth
No dirty patches in /platform, no dirty hacks
Lots of cool hacks though. Read up :)

This is for WiFi devices only (for now)
use latest public bootloader
and i suggest a data wipe - i do not support any conflicts with existing data - selinux policies changed in ways that might affect /data, so having things in /data can affect things like GPS adversely

Last edited:

dmitrygr

Dec 15, 2010
Awesome! Do we need to update radio/bootloader first?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
use latest
and i suggest a data wipe - i do not support any conflicts with existing data - sepolicy changed so thing sin /data/can affect thing sliek GPS adversely

tcat007

Jul 3, 2011
Austin, TX
Yeah, rom flash works, but stuck with no playstore. Also tried flashing supersu and got a bootloop. Also tried to install an apk from Explorer and wouldn't install. I know this is real really so I'm sure things will get added. But what's here feels much faster and smooth! 6 on a 7, wow!

Edit: I downloaded these "mini" and they seem to be installing OK. http://androiding.how/android-6-0-marshmallow-gapps/
Got me to set up screen!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: frikakwa

biondi53

Mar 20, 2011
Buenos Aires
After fighting a bit, the ROM started and I'm restoring my apps from playstore, when I chose the restore point in the wizard, this failed, then select "New device" to continue, anyway restoration began. After finishing the wizard i modified play services permissions to stop FCs.

These were my steps:

1 Wipe Data/System/Cache/Dalvik
2 Flash ROM
3 Flash BETA-SuperSU-v2.52
4 Flash benzo-gapps-M-20151011-signed-chroma-r3
5 Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik
6 Reboot

rebel1699

Feb 13, 2008
Oklahoma
Seriously, this is quick and brilliant work. Congrats to all of you who put in the hours and stress. This.....is why I only use Nexus devices. Your efforts are truly appreciated. Best of luck as you continue to further this project.

Lar5

Mar 30, 2012
Vejle
M on N7

Happy to see that people still supports and share their work for the N7 - big thanks :good:
Now it's exciting to see if the N7 will be able to handle Android M for more than a day or two before slowing down :fingers-crossed: