[ROM/FW] [STOCK] US99820H TWRP Zip

Search This thread

JohnFawkes

Jul 9, 2015
john-fawkes.com
Stock Oreo US998 20H flashable TWRP zip. Original zip created by westwood24.

COMPATIBILITY
This zip is compatible with ls998, us998, and should be compatible with vs996 but im not 100% sure about that. But if someone confirm vs996 compatibility that would be great :good: Its been tested and vs996 is compatible as well

This zip is created from the original KDZ. It contains almost the complete 20H firmware, but the partition table rewriting part and recovery image (beside five to eight other images) is removed. I changed the system.img, so you do not have to reinstall TWRP (recovery-from-boot.p deleted) when ROM once booted. I also changed the partition size of system.img, so the vendorized people can install this too without having problems because of a too small system partition.

FEATURES

• Stock build made from official KDZ
  • Unrooted
  • System.img modified to keep TWRP
  • Resized system.img (for Treble users)
  • Removed dm-verity
  • Removed rctd (LG's root checker tool daemon)
  • Removed ForceEncryption
  • Added DTS prop to enable DTS
  • Added all weather lockscreen prop to enable other weather

INSTALLATION

LATEST ZIP

OLDER ZIPS

HOW TO INSTALL
When you are still on Nougat
you should start fresh: Reboot to recovery using button combo or reboot app (needs root; btw, Magisk offers this possibility too: Modules Menu then click three dot menu top right - Reboot to recovery
Then flash [this latest TWRP.img] via image flashing function in TWRP, reboot to recovery again (for fully working new recovery) and do a backup, then copy this backup to your PC.
Then initiate a factory reset. Wipe your system partition too in TWRP advanced wiping menu, copy the 20H firmware zip to your SD and install it. Reboot and enjoy
From Oreo
For clean install: Factory reset and wipe system
You can also keep your data by simply dirty flashing the zip.

*Be aware that problems may occur, maybe you need to do a factory reset to start fresh*

Flash the 20H zip, then Magisk zip when you need root, then reboot to System = you're DONE
If the first time you boot to system, it could be TWRP says No OS installed. You can ignore it.
If TWRP asks if you want to install SU, hit no (in newest TWRP SU is disabled, and the option to install the TWRP app is disabled too.)

Rom Version: 8.0 Oreo
Android security patch level: 2019-3-1

Just give a thanks if you like the zip!
You want to help me with a [donation?] Not asking for it, I have fun doing this for you, but feel free...

Last edited:

mrsubway

Dec 3, 2009
Bronx, NY
?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-11-17-22-08-57.png
    Screenshot_2018-11-17-22-08-57.png
    234.6 KB · Views: 1,706

MonstaSaleens

Jul 26, 2013
Im usuallynot the one to complain but my carrier is sprint and this rom seems like my reception got worse. Im only getting 1 bar in my house where i usually get 3 on average and sometimes 4. Maybe becuz its a us998 rom instead of the sprint rom? :confused:

JohnFawkes

Jul 9, 2015
john-fawkes.com
Im usuallynot the one to complain but my carrier is sprint and this rom seems like my reception got worse. Im only getting 1 bar in my house where i usually get 3 on average and sometimes 4. Maybe becuz its a us998 rom instead of the sprint rom? :confused:
Shouldn't matter. I'm on sprint as well with this same zip and no reception issues. Could just extract the modem from the sprint kdz and flash it in twrp if you want to use sprints modem

Reactions: MonstaSaleens

NPCMW

Nov 9, 2013
Been some time since I've commented on xda but had to let you know thank you, this worked perfectly on my new v30+. Nice to have you doing this. Thanks again.

JohnFawkes

Jul 9, 2015
john-fawkes.com
Been some time since I've commented on xda but had to let you know thank you, this worked perfectly on my new v30+. Nice to have you doing this. Thanks again.

No problem ?. We should be getting 20F soon and I'll be doing this one as well. Hopefully within days of it dropping. But being a single dad of 2 little kids and a full time 40 hour a week job plus my like 10 other android projects I maintain, I can't definitely say it will be within days of it dropping though

mrsubway

Dec 3, 2009
Bronx, NY
Just an FYI to those curios, I dirty flashed this zip on my frankensteined US998 that was running 20D and it worked great. I ran a nandroid just in case but after flashing the zip, doing a cache wipe and reflashing magisk, i was up and running where i left off.
Ditto man! Flashed over D, flashed Magisk, flashed Xposed, cleared Art and Cache and rebooted, and all was well! Great job!

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Just dirty flashed it, and of course works great.

A lot better than last weekend when I updated my wife's still-bootloader locked/unrooted (don't ask) V30 from US998 20A to US998 20E via dev patched LGUP -- and in a moment of carelessness (trying to do three things at once) FORGOT to choose "UPGRADE" instead of the default "REFURBISH". :rolleyes: It finished quite quickly -- and quite completely WIPED her phone. Ouch. I was then busy the next 2 or 3 hours setting up her phone again...

Changing the subject, for those with US998 and want to try something different... This is a US998 V30/V30+/V30S great Magisk module by @TotallyAnxious that

* Enables dual speaker mode. That part is sort of based on @Whiskeyomega mod, but is TWRP flashable.
* HIM for all earphones
* Also has some kernel tweaks.
* Installs YouTube ad-free "Vanced"
* Google Dialer
* Other stuff

AnxiousV30 magisk mod (v106)

Try it out if you wish.

Last edited:

gimpy1

Sep 1, 2013
Flagstaff
should put it in internal storage /Downloads

Mine automatically, I guess, went to Google drive. I had to go into drive and download it a second time. That's when it went to download.
When I clicked on the "zip" file in the OP, it took me to the OP's Google drive to download it. I guess it then automatically downloads to my Google drive.

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

Just dl'd and installed this an hour or so ago. It seems to be running really well. ?.

I am a Verizon customer with an original vs996 phone.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock Oreo US998 20H flashable TWRP zip. Original zip created by westwood24.

COMPATIBILITY
    This zip is compatible with ls998, us998, and should be compatible with vs996 but im not 100% sure about that. But if someone confirm vs996 compatibility that would be great :good: Its been tested and vs996 is compatible as well

This zip is created from the original KDZ. It contains almost the complete 20H firmware, but the partition table rewriting part and recovery image (beside five to eight other images) is removed. I changed the system.img, so you do not have to reinstall TWRP (recovery-from-boot.p deleted) when ROM once booted. I also changed the partition size of system.img, so the vendorized people can install this too without having problems because of a too small system partition.

FEATURES

• Stock build made from official KDZ
    • Unrooted
    • System.img modified to keep TWRP
    • Resized system.img (for Treble users)
    • Removed dm-verity
    • Removed rctd (LG's root checker tool daemon)
    • Removed ForceEncryption
    • Added DTS prop to enable DTS
    • Added all weather lockscreen prop to enable other weather

INSTALLATION

LATEST ZIP

OLDER ZIPS

HOW TO INSTALL
    When you are still on Nougat
    you should start fresh: Reboot to recovery using button combo or reboot app (needs root; btw, Magisk offers this possibility too: Modules Menu then click three dot menu top right - Reboot to recovery
    Then flash [this latest TWRP.img] via image flashing function in TWRP, reboot to recovery again (for fully working new recovery) and do a backup, then copy this backup to your PC.
    Then initiate a factory reset. Wipe your system partition too in TWRP advanced wiping menu, copy the 20H firmware zip to your SD and install it. Reboot and enjoy
    From Oreo
    For clean install: Factory reset and wipe system
    You can also keep your data by simply dirty flashing the zip.

*Be aware that problems may occur, maybe you need to do a factory reset to start fresh*

Flash the 20H zip, then Magisk zip when you need root, then reboot to System = you're DONE
    If the first time you boot to system, it could be TWRP says No OS installed. You can ignore it.
    If TWRP asks if you want to install SU, hit no (in newest TWRP SU is disabled, and the option to install the TWRP app is disabled too.)

Rom Version: 8.0 Oreo
    Android security patch level: 2019-3-1

Just give a thanks if you like the zip!
    You want to help me with a [donation?] Not asking for it, I have fun doing this for you, but feel free...
    Update for sprint stuff. I have managed to make a Magisk module with sprint files I could find so far. Trying to enable calling plus on us998. I haven't managed to get calling plus to show in settings app yet but I have managed to get stuff in notifications about installing sprint stuff but it fails. Also visual voicemail now fully works and is provisioned. Also lte data is much more consistent and faster. Once I get this all figured out I'll be making an aroma to either install all sprint/Verizon stuff or you can choose individual stuff. This of course will be systemless and compatible with magisk/supersu and even non root. On my way to work and I have the next 2 days off. See ya soon :good:
    US99820G is released! seems to be just a janurary security patch update. ive added the dts enabler prop and the weather lockscreen prop to build.prop so no need to modify the build.prop or flash other magisk modules to enable them. Enjoy!
    Just so you guys know i have added a new download link to the OP. I have my own website now and all my latest projects/work are available to download from there. the latest kdz2zips are hosted there. the olds ones are still on afh. to get there directly

https://john-fawkes.com/downloads.html
    Have no clue where it went. Downloaded via browser and it flashed fine! Great job man! Thank you!!

no problem! enjoy! i will be taking over all us998 kdz2zip and vs996 kdz2zip releases. and @seadersn will take care of canada, india and EU. hopefully us998 20F will be here soon