[ROM] [G.E.] [4.2.2] [AROMA] [VZW] GoogleEdition.v6.0 09/11/13

Search This thread

alekurkudi

Jan 17, 2013
I'll fix supersu next go. It works for me but that's because I use twrp and it is nice enough to ask you if you want it installed. :)

It's there latest ktoonsez tw kernel with ktweaker app.

And v3 should be more stable.

sent from my Galaxy S4 using xda premium

Can I flash v3 over v2?

bd1212

Nov 20, 2010
Dubbsy, if you plan on adding TW apps and stuff to the ROM, would it be possible for you to instead just package all the TW apps into a flashable zip? That way for those who only want the stock ROM/apps won't have to go through the ROM removing all the unwanted apps. Easier to flash a zip with all of the apps than it is to go through ah remove multiple apps.

Just a suggestion, though. This is your ROM and you can do what you like with it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Dubbsy

Mar 12, 2013
York
Can I flash v3 over v2?

Yeah. Like I put in the op. It will do a wipe anyway. I don't like lots of steps... I try to keep things one step :D
Dubbsy, if you plan on adding TW apps and stuff to the ROM, would it be possible for you to instead just package all the TW apps into a flashable zip? That way for those who only want the stock ROM/apps won't have to go through the ROM removing all the unwanted apps. Easier to flash a zip with all of the apps than it is to go through ah remove multiple apps.

Just a suggestion, though. This is your ROM and you can do what you like with it.

I could do that. This isn't really my ROM. I just decided to do this while I'm messing around with the ROM I plan to support. And then I decided to keep messing with it.

Chuckleb0ne

May 7, 2012
Renton, WA
Everything is really smooth.... The only problems I see are the signal bars, gps being a little weird, and the carrier name. Keep up the good work!

kpa2727

Sep 3, 2010
New Jersey
sorry for the delay I have some findings, a lot of things work great but here's some issues.

1. root checker flagged as no root access

2. Tried the Wii controller I get no route to host error most likely related to the root access.

3. holding home button does not bring up recently opened apps it brings up google now. which is odd how do I kill apps?

Southern_mind

Mar 22, 2011
Charlotte, NC
sorry for the delay I have some findings, a lot of things work great but here's some issues.

2. Tried the Wii controller I get no route to host error most likely related to the root access.

3. holding home button does not bring up recently opened apps it brings up google now. which is odd how do I kill apps?

3 double tap home button

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

bd1212

Nov 20, 2010

Are you using CWM recovery? That would be the cause of your first two problems. For the third, on AOSP you need to double tap the home button to bring up the recent apps list.

Rnd0209

Nov 20, 2010

Double tap home button brings you to recents. Watch a YouTube video of the galaxy s4 Google edition. That's the only way to learn how to use the shortcuts.

Reactions: Metroba

kpa2727

Sep 3, 2010
New Jersey
Are you using CWM recovery? That would be the cause of your first two problems. For the third, on AOSP you need to double tap the home button to bring up the recent apps list.

Yea i'm using cmw touch, can anyone give me a direction as to where I can get twrp?
also anyway to clear all apps at once after double tap? thanks for the help btw.

bd1212

Nov 20, 2010
Yea i'm using cmw touch, can anyone give me a direction as to where I can get twrp?

Mhm, that's definitely the issue then. To get TWRP just download Goomanager from the play store and then press menu and click install openrecoveryscript. Follow the directions and that'll put TWRP on your phone. Then, just flash the v3 of the OP's ROM and you'll be all set.

bmkindoll

Oct 3, 2010
My double tap for recents just stopped working for some reason. Completely random. Anyone else have any reasoning for that?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda premium

Rnd0209

Nov 20, 2010
What were you guys doing when you tried to pull up recents? Did you change anything?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **Update about the future of this project. We will continue to update and support this port until the majority of users are running our new project.** http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432621 it is not ready yet at all. But I thought id post a heads up well in advanced so nobody freaks out.

This is a port from the 9505 Google Edition system dump that was posted. It was originally meant as a proof of concept build but no one picked up the project so I am supporting it.

@hlxanthus has been continually working on mods and feature updates within the ROM. I have a shared folder where we can both access current files for the project. Be sure to thank his posts :good:

Current Build: 9/11/13
    Google Edition v6.0 Aroma Deodexed
    Aroma package with lots of options built and pieced together by @hlxanthus.
    --Link--
    https://copy.com/BQlJ0
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23134718111254860
    md5:
    8755cbf42def51446ff1440ac2105637
    Changelog:
    Aroma scrolling fixed
    All apps updated (I think at least... G+ updated right as I went to upload so I had to kill it and update and re-up)
    Aroma permissions changed to hopefully fix all the random FC issues
    Big update for xposed framework.
    - in the installer it now lists all modules and their versions. I did not update all the modules because of this. Honestly I would only install the framework now and pick the modules separate. I still use theme engine, xblast, and gravity box personally.
    I was working on new builds of systemui and framework-res but kept getting FCs so I reverted those changes. So carrier label is still screwy but you cab change it with the xblast module. :good:
    Overall this update is minor besides the xposed framework. But the weird FC people were getting MAY BE fixed.

Please report any bugs. With bug reports please include a syslog log or adb log. It is also helpful to include the aroma log. To get this just before the last continue there is a save log button in aroma. Thanks.

Options:
    A Lot
    Wipe or dirty flash
    One aroma for both pure and tweaked now
    Browser selection
    Gapps selection
    Launcher selection
    Clock options
    Navbar options
    Extra useful apps options
    Phone_Info(a shortcut for the already built into android hidden menu *#*#4636#*#* this can do no wrong, it is just a link to a universally built in android feature)
    Keyboard options
    Battery options
    Quick reply mms option
    Viper4android option
    TW camera option
    Watchon app
    TricksterMod app
    Xposed framework and modules to be able to change quick settings, carrier label, colors and placement, and also fully theme using xtheme
    Lots of kernels to choose from (I'm using my tweaked audism kernel)
    Init should be installing properly with all performance options if so desired.

Instructions:
    Download
    Reboot to recovery(I prefer and HIGHLY recommend using only TWRP-2.5.0.2... will include flashables in next post)
    Backup your current ROM(if you want)
    Install and select your options
    Reboot

If people want to donate it is appreciated but not expected. My pp Addy is in my profile or click here
    Thanks to all who have already. My wife is slightly less irritated by my android obsession lol.
    Small general update. I talked to hlxathus and Monday I am creating a shared working folder in my dropbox for this project. He is joining to both help add mods to the project and for us both to learn from each other while making the project better. :good:

Should work out pretty well. :D

[ROM][G.E.][4.2.2][AROMA][VZW]GoogleEdition.v5.6 8/11/13

Dubbsy's Extras, Tools, and Resources:(this will be updated as I make or gather more)

WARNING
    Don't change a recovery from within goomanager or rommanager or romtoolbox or any app installed on the phone while on my GE rom.

Download a flashable recovery or manually Loki and push it from your computer.

Recoveries that are pre-loki'd and ready to be flashed in your current recovery are posted below.
    I personally only trust and use TWRP 2.5.0.2(2.6 is buggy). I've seen too many "issues" with ROMs totally disappear when people stopped using cwm in favor of twrp. But cwm recoveries are included below regardless.

TWRP 2.5.0.2:
    https://copy.com/0lTMs

Dubbsy's MiDarkness Theme for TWRP 2.5-2.6:
    Preview: http://db.tt/2zc9uFt2

*Black and Orange TWRP theme based off of the black theme by z31s1g's black theme.
    *To install the theme:
    1. Rename the zip file to "ui.zip"
    2. Make a folder in your TWRP folder called "theme"
    3. Paste ui.zip into theme
    4. Reboot to recovery
    ~ Download ~
    *https://copy.com/HjJ7a

CWM-Touch-6.0.3.6:
    https://copy.com/IgHQf

Phil Z Recovery 5.0.8.5:
    https://copy.com/ODkRl

(*Hit the thanks button if you use these tools.*)

Mods included in the aroma package:

TW camera for Google Edition ROMs v1 7/12/13(included in aroma)
    https://copy.com/VqkgF
    *Note: not all functions work yet. Gallery icon is still linked the SecGallery. No more work will be done on the camera until both my other projects are in a stable condition. This was only done because at least one person posted or messaged me for it every day. I will ignore all requests for more camera work until the other 2 projects are "complete"
    Hoooooray!!

Teasers of my other project for vzw. Full working data and signal bars lol.

Almost done. :good: