- Aug 23, 2015
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
- This device has different names in different countries: J2 Prime; J2 Ace; Grand Prime Plus. As long as its model is SM-G532G/F/M/MT(/DS), this ROM is for you.
- Wi-Fi / Bluetooth
- Sensors (Prox, Accelerometer)
- Audio / Video / Media
- ADB / MTP (must turn on File Transfer)
- Camera (Front, Rear, Flashlight)
Not Working / Bug
- (NW) GPS (constant crashing) (Remove mtk_agpsd in system/bin if you don't mind)
- (NW) Video Recording
- (NW) Radio FM
- (NW) LiveDisplay
- (NW) Recent key
- (NW) Wi-Fi Hotspot
- (bad bug) Phone randomly freezes, completely. You have to take battery out and in if it does so. Currently DKY.
- (bug) Snap - Camera app on LOS - breaks after you take a picture (the picture taken is still saved and viewable). Use 3rd party one like OpenCamera or Gcam 4.x armv7-a.
- (bug) SD card cannot be read by non-system apps (such as a file explorer).
- (bug) Bad battery life if RIL is not working. You can add into system/build.prop this
- (bug) RIL and Audio, only one can work. If you want RIL in this ROM, you have to disable Audio. Check the workaround below if you insist.
As mentioned in bug list, if you want RIL, audio must be disabled.
Unhide this for steps and stuff
- Backup the folder /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony. It will be vital later
- Install ROM as normal, don't reboot yet.
- In TWRP, go to Mount, tick System.
- Press the home button, then go Advanced > File Manager.
- Locate to and find file /system/lib/hw/audio.primary.mt6735.so (if you mistap, tap the ... folder on top to go back).
- Rename it to anything else (I just add .bak, so if I want it later, I remove the ".bak").
- Now reboot and do setup wizard.
- RIL is still not working yet, but go on.
- If you have 1 SIM in, move ahead. If 2 SIMs, turn off both SIM's cellular data (In Settings > Data Usage), then set both SIM's preferred network to 2G (in Settings > SIM Cards).
- Reboot to recovery (Any of these: Power off phone then Power + Vol up + Home; adb reboot recovery; reboot recovery option in Magisk)
- Copy the folder in step 1 to /data/data
- Reboot now. Turn on cellular data and enjoy. (if you want 3G or LTE, change the preferred network ON ONE SIM ONLY. It will break if none of the 2 SIMs is on 2G)
- Additional bugs:
- No audio, as said. This means no Media Recording/Playback as well
- RIL will break if you install NanoDroid (even when your audio is not working)
- VoLTE, Calls (because no audio)
- (1 or 2 SIM in) RIL breaks after a few days (probably 2 or 3)
- (dual-sim with 2 sims in) This is due to Hardware limitation: at least 1 SIM's preferred network must be set to E (2G) and at least 1 SIM's cellular data must be off at any time
- To revert back: Do step 3 to 6, but instead rename it back to audio.primary.mt6735.so, then reboot
- ROM: https://github.com/almondnguyen/android_OTA/releases/tag/14.1-20201125
- Google Apps (pico recommended): https://opengapps.org/
- Install TWRP
- IF YOU WANT RIL, SEE THE WORKAROUND ABOVE FIRST.
- Format Data and System
- Install ROM and Gapps, optionally Root (use Magisk)
- SubZero for introducing me to this world of ROM Dev.
- TBM_13 for tackling lots of bugs. Tysm!
- melekpro for making working port ROMs (and partially fixing this ROM too)
- Skyrimus for Wileyfox Spark(+) tree, whose blobs replaced some of this device's outdated / not working ones.
- jmfp_bmx for helping with Camera and some stuff
- All the ones behind build guides and bug fixes which I cannot fit in this thread lol.
- Kernel: https://github.com/almondnguyen/android_kernel_samsung_grandppltedx
- Device: https://github.com/almondnguyen/android_device_samsung_grandppltedx
- Vendor: https://github.com/almondnguyen/android_vendor_samsung_grandppltedx
LineageOS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J2
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest Bootloader if possible
Based On: LineageOS 14.1
Last Updated 2020-11-27