[ROM][G7102][TW-6.0.1][BETA] Touchwiz Marshmallow Porting For Grand 2

Search This thread

vietanhbui2000

Sep 9, 2016
Hanoi
Well TW-MM for S5 Mini was unoptimized anyway. Remember we are using an old device which starts from KK and some even from JB!. Im reducing battery drain by removing trillions of features and services from TW-MM framework(Not from this ROM though).
Well. Grand 2 is my backup phone now so i dont need fancy stuffs. I just need basic funtions work like sim, wifi and i can watch videos with it fluently. The battery seems fine to me. I used to love your J2 Hybrid Rom, just hated that watching videos is very difficult.

Tisenoiazei100

Jan 12, 2017
At the city
Well. Grand 2 is my backup phone now so i dont need fancy stuffs. I just need basic funtions work like sim, wifi and i can watch videos with it fluently. The battery seems fine to me. I used to love your J2 Hybrid Rom, just hated that watching videos is very difficult.
Well ill make Note 7 ROM if its possible and my times allowes me to but i need to get Grand 2 to boot my main ROM first :D.

Well after looking at the log, the crash is caused from samsung sensors. You can break the HAL by flashing this after flashing ROM

https://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=16908

It works on S3 Neo's /w Samsung sensors which suffered the same bug.

vietanhbui2000

Sep 9, 2016
Hanoi

vietanhbui2000

Sep 9, 2016
Hanoi
Well ill make Note 7 ROM if its possible and my times allowes me to but i need to get Grand 2 to boot my main ROM first :D.

Well after looking at the log, the crash is caused from samsung sensors. You can break the HAL by flashing this after flashing ROM

https://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=16908

It works on S3 Neo's /w Samsung sensors which suffered the same bug.
It finally booted :good:. With this rom, Grand 2 suffers some bugs such as: rotation sensor, ril, wifi and when i tried to turn off my phone or reboot it, it always freeze with a blank screen. With J2 Hybrid Rom, there's just one problem that i care is that wifi doesn't work, ril and rotation sensor work normally. I'm still using it now so if you know how to fix wifi, i can test it right away.

Tisenoiazei100

Jan 12, 2017
At the city
It finally booted :good:. With this rom, Grand 2 suffers some bugs such as: rotation sensor, ril, wifi and when i tried to turn off my phone or reboot it, it always freeze with a blank screen. With J2 Hybrid Rom, there's just one problem that i care is that wifi doesn't work, ril and rotation sensor work normally. I'm still using it now so if you know how to fix wifi, i can test it right away.

Ok, Ill rebuild Grand 2's kernel with its sensor drivers and also add prima drivers to get Wi-Fi to work. RIL issue might be due to Dual-SIM which I9300I also has but can be fixed with just 2 lines

vietanhbui2000

Sep 9, 2016
Hanoi
Ok, Ill rebuild Grand 2's kernel with its sensor drivers and also add prima drivers to get Wi-Fi to work. RIL issue might be due to Dual-SIM which I9300I also has but can be fixed with just 2 lines
Will it be fast lol :eek:? Its 1 a.m in my country right now, i don't want to rush you but say if you can build it right away. I'll wait for you just so i can test it immediately. I'm so happy right now. Thank you so muchhh :D.

Anirban Ganguly

Sep 11, 2015
Kolkata
Nice Work Tisenoiazei100 Bro.......Good To See You....By The Way Whats The Exact Problem In Kernel For Camera....?...And Also I Think I Can Fix The Bluetooth...But I Have To Test It...

Anirban Ganguly

Sep 11, 2015
Kolkata
Yes...ril can be fixed with build.prop edit....but if u are building a kernel for grand 2 with its sensor drivers then probably camera will work....

Reactions: vietanhbui2000

vietanhbui2000

Sep 9, 2016
Hanoi

Yes...ril can be fixed with build.prop edit....but if u are building a kernel for grand 2 with its sensor drivers then probably camera will work....
Yes. He knows that. And i know that too. He only tries to build a new kernel because wifi doesn't work. The sensor may not work because of missing files because it works normally with one of his old roms, but this new one doesn't.

Tisenoiazei100

Jan 12, 2017
At the city
Hi, sorry for my delay on fixes. Here's a new fix pack i made for Grand 2

It includes
- Prima Support (Wi-Fi)
- Grand 2 camera_v2 drivers instead of S5 Mini (Camera)
- Grand 2 Sensor Drivers (Sensors)
- Prima Module exported from kernel (Wi-Fi)
- Grand 2 Camera Blobs (Camera)

Flash it and give results back. Give tombstones if it bootloops.

https://mega.nz/#!ipggnSYY!h2XIwDsGI02rEshtJJwl--6F0lm58902V1zqPqgNnqc

Make sure you've unmounted system before flashing. Ill make a standalone package which removes camera_v2 drivers if camera issues are unfixable.

G

GuestX0050

Hi, sorry for my delay on fixes. Here's a new fix pack i made for Grand 2

It includes
- Prima Support (Wi-Fi)
- Grand 2 camera_v2 drivers instead of S5 Mini (Camera)
- Grand 2 Sensor Drivers (Sensors)
- Prima Module exported from kernel (Wi-Fi)
- Grand 2 Camera Blobs (Camera)

Flash it and give results back. Give tombstones if it bootloops.

https://mega.nz/#!ipggnSYY!h2XIwDsGI02rEshtJJwl--6F0lm58902V1zqPqgNnqc

Make sure you've unmounted system before flashing. Ill make a standalone package which removes camera_v2 drivers if camera issues are unfixable.

please note that the boot image needs to be patched by supersu/magisk in order to trigger wifi in some tw mm roms
maybe your one has the same issue too
if someone is facing wifi issues try to flash supersu /magisk and see whether wifi works or not

Tisenoiazei100

Jan 12, 2017
At the city
please note that the boot image needs to be patched by supersu/magisk in order to trigger wifi in some tw mm roms
maybe your one has the same issue too
if someone is facing wifi issues try to flash supersu /magisk and see whether wifi works or not
I never got any Wi-Fi issue when i was using a test builds without root in pre-Beta 1 version of it. Depends.

vietanhbui2000

Sep 9, 2016
Hanoi
This is because my Grand 2's kernel didnt have prima drivers built. The patch i uploaded above has them.

It also has Grand 2 Camera drivers which might cause bootloop but who knows :b
I will try your patch asap. Oh and you should know that there's a quick flicker whenever i turn on the screen from sleep. It doesn't affect much to my experience but i'm afraid it might damage the phone if it happens too frequently ?. Does S3 Neo have this problem too?

Tisenoiazei100

Jan 12, 2017
At the city
I will try your patch asap. Oh and you should know that there's a quick flicker whenever i turn on the screen from sleep. It doesn't affect much to my experience but i'm afraid it might damage the phone if it happens too frequently [emoji55]. Does S3 Neo have this problem too?

No, it wont damage the panel or the phone. DTB is a bit of s**t in my kernel. It happens on S3 Neo absolitely rarely.

Στάλθηκε από το d5110 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Reactions: vietanhbui2000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Samsung-Galaxy-S5-white.jpg

Touchwiz Marshamallow Porting For Grand 2

Info:
    TW-MM for Grand 2 has a long story. From Dyneteve(SoUnD001) originally making it and giving up to ppl who made direct ports with his kernel and having issues with permissions of kernel and stuff and many more leading to many dead projects. My ROM is trying to bring TW-MM with my own Kernel Source and as many bugfixes as i can possible do can!!.
    ITS NOT YET STABLE!!!!

Screenshots:
    Here

Working:
    - Touchscreen
    - H/W Keys
    - Offline Charging
    - Sensors
    - Vibration (Motor)
    - Sound
    - Mic
    - Time Service
    - Storage (Internal/External)
    - RIL (MMS/SMS/Calls/Data)
    - H/W acceleration (720p playback, animations)

Bugs:
    - Bluetooth
    Code:
    12-02 23:04:17.289 E/bt_hci  (23321): [BTCORE] hci layer timeout waiting for response to a command. opcode: 0xfd53
    - Camera(Kernel Related)

Links:
    Beta 3.5: Mega.nz
    Bootloop fix

Disable Auto-Brightness as its as buggy as f**k
    Warning: I claim zero responsibility if something happens. Flash carefully!!!! Complains of bootloop because of kernel mods or mods in general will be ignored.
    You have to be on TWRP 3.1+ and have done full wipe before flashing!!!
    Itll take 15-20 minutes to boot up and maybe vibrate. Dont get worried
    If you get stuck on splash screen, just reboot(Long Press Power Button). Its a MDSS fail :b

Changelog(Beta 3.5):
    - Updated base (G800HXEO1CQB1 Apr 2017 update)
    - Minor debloat instead of heavy
    - Old installation method (No sparse_dat flashing)
    - I9300I ril fix injected into installer
    - Fixed location services
    - Grand 2 Support (Very Experimental)
    - Secured ADB again (Fixed ADB)

Sources and Extended Info:
    Kernel Name: ms013g_eur_6.0.1_tw
    Kernel Version: 3.4.0
    Kernel Based: s3ve3g_eur_6.0.1_tw (OLDER REVISION)
    Compiler: Google GCC 4.9
    Firmware Based: G800HZTO1CPJ2
    Firmware Version: 6.0.1 (SDK23)
    Firmware Required: KITKAT
    Recovery Required: TWRP 3.1.0.0+

Kernel Source
    Sources:
    S5 MINI SWA MM KERNEL FROM OSRC
    https://github.com/ms013g-common
    https://github.com/PythonLimited/android_kernel_samsung_s3ve3g-1
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_klte

Credits:
    Me: Kernel, Port, Bugfixing
    Qualcomm MSM8226 community (Device Tree and Kernel Patches)
    Thargorsson (For His Work on MM and N for S3 Neo)
    ms013g-common Team (For their work on MM and N for Grand 2)
    OSRC (S5 Mini MM Kernel Source)
    Galaxy S5 Lineage Team (Non-DVFSed Touchscreen Drivers)
    Samsung (For terribly programmed but nice UI)
    BETA 3.5!!! RELEASED

Plz test it on Grand 2 and give results back. Disable auto-brightness as the code in kernel is messed up.

Links and changelog in OP

Στάλθηκε από το d5110 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
    Hello everyone. Sorry for the delay's.

I was experimenting with different things for fixing camera and failed. Im also working on misc devices. I completed Beta 3.5 finally, now uploading sources and finally the ROM remains.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone