[ROM][G800F/M/Y][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL] AICP 12.1 Nougat

Search This thread

Mikahlo

Oct 4, 2015
Berlin
Updated. I believe I have fixed the APN problem with this ROM. I need some feedback on this though as I've never had this problem. My APN is picked up automatically. I do know that unlike before,my APN list is no longer empty,so fingers crossed it is fixed.

See the main post for more details on this build.

Enjoy!

Hi! I installed the ROM and the APN works now.

no_means_no

Mar 18, 2012
Runs great. APN works fine. NFC quick toggle works at least sometimes.
Just a little, maybe OT, question: is it possible to modify the status bar symbols? The bt symbol doesn't change when connecting to another device, only when I pulldown the bar.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G800F mit Tapatalk

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
Runs great. APN works fine. NFC quick toggle works at least sometimes.
Just a little, maybe OT, question: is it possible to modify the status bar symbols? The bt symbol doesn't change when connecting to another device, only when I pulldown the bar.

I honestly have no idea sorry. Maybe someone else will be able to answer.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

no_means_no

Mar 18, 2012
How is the battery in this rom?

In my experience battery life has improved a lot in the last build. Especially with display off. It uses just about 3% during a whole night with wifi on.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Sorry if this is OT again. But I really want to know whether there is a way to reduce the battery warning dialogue. For all apps I can modify the level of notification, but the battery warning at 15% and 5% always pops out, even when playing.

Reactions: spookcity138

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
In my experience battery life has improved a lot in the last build. Especially with display off. It uses just about 3% during a whole night with wifi on.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Sorry if this is OT again. But I really want to know whether there is a way to reduce the battery warning dialogue. For all apps I can modify the level of notification, but the battery warning at 15% and 5% always pops out, even when playing.
The only thing I can think of is to possibly going into settings and disabling notifications for systemUI. I'm not sure if you are able,but if so that would solve it I think. Keep in mind this would block all systemUI notifications though. Perhaps you can adjust it in settings, no idea. Otherwise maybe an app?
I think to actually remove those warnings the battery service code needs to be edited,which can only be done pre build.

Reactions: no_means_no

Shadowbird37

Jul 16, 2015
Personally my battery life is pretty much the same with all ROMS. I've never had a problem with battery life though,some apparently do. I also run my kernel which I find,if set up properly gives me better battery life.

Hello spookcity,

Sometimes I am experiencing big battery drain from Mediaserver (up to 35%)... Do you know anything about this, or what can be a possible solution?
Hope to hear from you.

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
Hello spookcity,

Sometimes I am experiencing big battery drain from Mediaserver (up to 35%)... Do you know anything about this, or what can be a possible solution?
Hope to hear from you.
Yes,this is due to the camera bug. Freeze or uninstall the stock camera app and use another. Also,there's an app on play store called Mediaserver killer. Should be helpful.

no_means_no

Mar 18, 2012
The only thing I can think of is to possibly going into settings and disabling notifications for systemUI. I'm not sure if you are able,but if so that would solve it I think. Keep in mind this would block all systemUI notifications though. Perhaps you can adjust it in settings, no idea. Otherwise maybe an app?
I think to actually remove those warnings the battery service code needs to be edited,which can only be done pre build.

I searched but couldn't find any setting for system ui notifications...

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
Reactions: no_means_no

Oleggluk

Jul 29, 2015
Sure no problem. I will do the same with xosp, despite that horrible battery drain that has, there are people who use that beautiful rom

About RR, too, do not forget)) :D . Firmware updates are best after the 5th date when a new security patch is released. Then you can walk a month quietly, if there are no important updates.

no_means_no

Mar 18, 2012
Hi again.
I have a question that might be OT or kinda special whish, but I was searching a lot for a solution and thinking that there might be others who'd like to have the same feature.
I thought it would be great to have a widget or shortcut to switch wifi on and data off at once and vice versa. When I'm at home I use wifi and 2g. When I go out I switch 4g on and wifi off. Couldn't find any 3rd party app to do that and was asking whether there's a way to implement this into an OS...

If this is too muss OT, just delete it! Thanks a lot!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    ***WARNING***
    -READ CAREFULLY!!

YOU FLASH THIS ROM AT YOUR OWN RISK.I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR DUE TO THE FLASHING OF THIS ROM.
    I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST DATA,BRICKED PHONE,OR ANYTHING OF THE SUCH.(PHONE EXPLODES,OVERHEATS ETC)
    THIS ROM IS ONLY FOR THE S5 MINI SM-G8OOF/M/Y (Exynos) DO NOT FLASH THIS ON ANY OTHER DEVICE!

Useful Github link to share and read

Info
    UPDATED on 20-09-2017
    Changes in 20-09-2017 Build
    - Synced AICP sources
    - Latest security patch (Sept 5)
    - Synced device specific sources
    - Updated Substratum
    - Full changelog can be found in the "AICP Extras" app
    Notes
    • TWRP and backups - While TWRP 3.0 will work fine on backups between 7.x ROMS if you are running 7.x and try to restore to a 6.x ROM it will fail to restore the data partition.If you have the need to do this you MUST use TWRP 2.8! (Thanks to Sunn76 for that info)

GhQyhHk.png
    AICP​

Android Ice Cold Project​

AICP is known by everyone as Ice Cold Project that started on Desire HD and since then evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, Rom has always been AOKP based. Unfortunately, since AOKP either stopped development or will make a comeback later this year, we changed our base to CM when it comes to hardware, drivers and some features.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them or CM team if it concerns their modifications. This rom isn't CM supported so no need to report errors or bugs to them!!

3ueQ7DH.png
    In the beginning we would like to thank:
    • CM team
    • maxwen
    • SlimBean rom team
    • CarbonRom team
    • LiquidSmooth rom team
    • Omni rom team
    • DU team
    • Community
    • hennymcc
    • PsyAfter
    • CTXz

ISn0uXd.png
    • @LorD ClockaN
    • @zipsnet
    • @n3ocort3x
    • @semdoc
    • @eyosen
    • @alienmind
    • @Chezbel
    • @Drgravy
    • @eboye

K2p0Hv4.png

We are now paying for servers that build nightlies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

3U7XWsV.png

Latest Stable Release Version 12.1

Downloads:

VTVKEeK.png

Full Changelog link: goo.gl/mIgmYG

b5b2bXK.png
    • You tell... :p

kfCXFCX.png
    ROMS should contain everything you need to enjoy Nougat. You are not required to install any Add Ons, simply download the latest ROM, gapps, flash it, and go!
    You are STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup - these can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience strange behavior.

How to flash:

• Install TWRP version of your choice
    • Download the AICP zip file
    • Copy to your phone
    • Reboot into recovery mode (Volume-Up + Home + Power button)
    • Wipe Dalvik/art Cache, Cache, System and Data (inside Wipe -> Advanced Wipe)
    • Install AICP 12.1
    • Install GApps of your choice
    • Reboot

KERNEL:
    Kernel in this rom follows CM source with custom additions.

If you want to contribute to the AICP or wanna see what is being worked on/merge feel free to visit our gerrit, link is at the bottom!!!

F6DLgPu.png

IceColdJelly AICP G+ community

kernel https://github.com/Spookcity/android_kernel_samsung_kminilte/tree/cm-14.1
    rom https://github.com/AICP

You want to see a normal night at the DEV office, click here!!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][G800F/M/Y][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL] AICP 12.1 Nougat, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Contributors
    spookcity138
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-02-28
    Last Updated 2017-09-21
    Updated. I believe I have fixed the APN problem with this ROM. I need some feedback on this though as I've never had this problem. My APN is picked up automatically. I do know that unlike before,my APN list is no longer empty,so fingers crossed it is fixed.

See the main post for more details on this build.

Enjoy!
    Update

Updated to 7.1.2!

Enjoy!
    This rom is super fast, super stable, everything is working. I flashed Spookcity_Test3-AnyKernel2 and it is working without problems. This rom will stay as my daily driver. I found out that facebook app is slowing this phone because low ram.
    As a happy user of AICP 11 (on a different phone) I was extremely pleased to find AICP 12 for the G800F.
    The Samsung phone was recently given to me by my sister in nonbooting condition,
    however I managed to install TWRP 3.2.0.0 and flash AICP 12.1. The device boots nicely, Magisk confirmes root access,
    however SIM card doesn't get detected (although it's ok in other phones) and IMEI infromation displays as 'unknown'

Any advice how to cope with these issues is highly appreciated

You can simply change kernel to permissive if it doesn't bother you, otherwise you have to download the stock latest mm firmware (ex : from sammobile) flash it and boot into the system, then re-flash twrp and what ever Rom you like, your sim will be good