[ROM][G800F/M/Y][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL] AOKP Nougat

Search This thread

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
I am Glad AOKP continues!!!

Question: in Hardware Key settings, there is a setting for the menu button. But s5 mini has no menu button. It has the recents button.

The setting of menu button is set to "menu". When i hit the recent button, recents opens.

How can i reconfigure the recents button?

Hmm,I'm not using this ROM currently and I don't really know. Perhaps someone else can help you out.

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
Tried everything. The New Version has the Wrong Button assigned in "Hardware Buttons". So, no remapping is possible.
Strange,I didn't change anything device wise that would have caused this,so I'd have to guess its something in the AOKP sources. Maybe it'll resolve itself with a new update.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Reactions: friscoboi

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
Surprisingly good ROM! Seems stable, smooth and everything I tested works so far except the APN, which I had to add manually.
The ROM control offers a nice collection of tweaks without being overwhelming.
As always: thanks for building/updating! One more ROM on the favourite counter :D
Glad to hear! I was using this ROM for a few days and it does seem nice and stable. The APN issue seems to be present on most ROMS I build and I'm unsure why as I've not changed anything device wise to cause this.
I keep saying I'll look into it...and I will. It's just very low on the list of things I want to do as it's very easy to add your APN manually.

Reactions: Pat750

tomatende2001

Sep 6, 2007
Aachen
In AospExtended the automatically APN settings work very well. I love the Slim ROM, but I use AospExtended because of the automatically APN settings. I drive often between Germany, Netherlands and Belgium.

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
In AospExtended the automatically APN settings work very well. I love the Slim ROM, but I use AospExtended because of the automatically APN settings. I drive often between Germany, Netherlands and Belgium.
Ahh,OK this makes sense as to why that issue may be bothersome then. I have neglected my ROM updates as I've been very focused on my kernel build lately. I will try to get updates for Slim,AEX and beanstalk very soon. I'll try to compare or look for differences between how AEX implements their APN's as opposed to this and slim. No promises on a fix next builds,but I will investigate some. I'm just lacking time in the near future I believe.

Reactions: Pat750

SalsifiPourri

Jul 23, 2017
Haïroule
Screenshots bug

Hey man, the rom looks pretty stable exception that my phone crashes when i try to take a screenshot. Also, if you update the ROM, can i update without wiping datas ? Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Also i can not unlock my phone by the fingerprint

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
Hey man, the rom looks pretty stable exception that my phone crashes when i try to take a screenshot. Also, if you update the ROM, can i update without wiping datas ? Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Also i can not unlock my phone by the fingerprint

Weird about the screenshot problem. I've not had this. Although, admittedly I don't often take screenshots.
The fingerprint should work. I don't use it,but while there are still issues with it,it works better than it used to.
You should be able to dirty flash as long as you're coming from an older version of this ROM and not another one. Just wipe dalkik and cache partition.

SalsifiPourri

Jul 23, 2017
Haïroule
do tou knew the xposed framework now "works" on android N ?
i get a boot loop when i try to flash it on aokp. I still use Magisk at least it's not a problem for me

ps : im french sorry for my bad english

Reactions: friscoboi

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
do tou knew the xposed framework now "works" on android N ?
i get a boot loop when i try to flash it on aokp. I still use Magisk at least it's not a problem for me

ps : im french sorry for my bad english
Yeah,this is a modified version of rovo's xposed. It is very incomplete and buggy. I'm assuming you flashed the zip by purifyOS?
I'd recommend not using it as there are many issues that can be caused by it.

Oleggluk

Jul 29, 2015
Yeah,this is a modified version of rovo's xposed. It is very incomplete and buggy. I'm assuming you flashed the zip by purifyOS?
I'd recommend not using it as there are many issues that can be caused by it.

I installed xposed on the RR. It works and is active, but it makes no sense, no module works. Extra time waste.

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
I installed xposed on the RR. It works and is active, but it makes no sense, no module works. Extra time waste.
Yeah,I was reading through some comments from rovo89 on his git page. It is just not ready. He could have released this version if he had wanted,obviously,but its very incomplete and buggy...Even if it does work for some.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    ***WARNING***
    -READ CAREFULLY!!

YOU FLASH THIS ROM AT YOUR OWN RISK.I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR DUE TO THE FLASHING OF THIS ROM.
    I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST DATA,BRICKED PHONE,OR ANYTHING OF THE SUCH.(PHONE EXPLODES,OVERHEATS ETC)
    THIS ROM IS ONLY FOR THE S5 MINI SM-G8OOF/M/Y (Exynos) DO NOT FLASH THIS ON ANY OTHER DEVICE!

aokp-logo-large.png
    UPDATED on 06-10-2017
    Changes in 06-10-2017 Build
    - Updated Substratum
    - Synced AOKP sources
    - Synced Device specific sources
    - Full changelog can be found within the "ROM control" app

Notes
    - TWRP and backups - While TWRP 3.0 will work fine on backups between 7.x ROMS if you are running 7.x and try to restore to a 6.x ROM it will fail to restore the data partition.If you have the need to do this you MUST use TWRP 2.8! (Thanks to Sunn76 for that info)
    - ROM is pre-rooted. No need to flash anything for this.

This is AOKP Nougat for the Exynos3470 based Samsung Galaxy S5 mini (G800F/G800M/G800Y)​

AOKP-ANDROID OPEN KANG PROJECT

What is AOKP?

AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

Why AOKP?

We were waiting for when you'd ask this.

There are a variety of reasons why a hilly billy Android user, on a bright sunny day, would suddenly start using AOKP and loving it.

For one, AOKP is lightweight. Most OEMs provide a heavy UI layer over Android and have loads of bloatware (i.e. apps that not everyone use every day, but you cannot remove because they're "baked in" by default). Since AOKP is built upon vanilla Android source, it has neither of the above.

Also AOKP has features that you will not find on your stock firmware. You can have a multitude of toggles to quickly flip a lot of your phone's settings right at your fingertips, or you can launch apps quickly from any screen using our Ribbons.

You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom. And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos?

Full Substratum Support​

Known Issues
    - Camera issues
    - Let me know

I highly recommend a full backup before flashing this ROM.Again,I am not responsible if you lose any or all of your data!

Installation
    - Install TWRP version of your choice
    - Download the AOKP zip file
    - Copy to your phone
    - Reboot into recovery mode (Volume-Up + Home + Power button)
    - Wipe Dalvik/art Cache, Cache, System and Data (inside Wipe -> Advanced Wipe)
    - Install AOKP
    - Install GApps of your choice
    - Reboot

Downloads

ENJOY!

Thanks
    hennymcc,Psyafter,CTXz and anyone else who has made this possible by their hard work on the device trees
    - ayke for the latest TWRP
    - AOKP Team
    - LineageOS
    - AOSP
    - OpenGapps

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][G800F/M/Y][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL] AOKP Nougat, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Contributors
    spookcity138
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2017-03-09
    Last Updated 2017-10-06
    Updated to Android 7.1.2!

Enjoy!
    A quick note about substratum and titanium backup. I noticed that substratum seems to be broken on this ROM. I believe the reason to be two fold. One,masquerade has changed to ThemeInterfacer and AOKP didn't update this at the time I built this. This will be fixed (hopefully) in the next build.
    The other reason appears to be a google play services update. This solution didn't fix the problem for me, but I'm still leaving this here for others.
    https://www.xda-developers.com/psa-...broke-titanium-backup-substratum-heres-a-fix/

Updated. Most likely for the last time.

Enjoy!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone