[ROM][G800F/M/Y][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL] Slim ROM 7 Nougat

Search This thread

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
The home button not work when I long press it. Btw the rom is fast and stable.
What do you expect to happen with a long press of the home button? I'm not currently running this ROM,but I don't think the buttons are configurable. That's just how Slim works. Very few options,but exceptionally fast and has always been stable for me as well.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Evos11

Feb 24, 2016
What do you expect to happen with a long press of the home button? I'm not currently running this ROM,but I don't think the buttons are configurable. That's just how Slim works. Very few options,but exceptionally fast and has always been stable for me as well.

For Example to launch Google now.

ezquierdo

Jul 28, 2012
Magisk say this when i try to install the zip using twrp 3.0.2 (sorry for my bad english)
c9be1cd599956a727f22562d15f95b8c.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-G800F mediante Tapatalk

Wheedman

Aug 22, 2017
Do you guys have any idea why Slim-ROM isn´t compatible with Gapps? I always have the problem that the setup wizard stops after booting, the same occurs with the Gapps. But when I only install the slim ROM it works properly.

Last edited:

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
Do you guys have any idea why Slim-ROM isn´t compatible with Gapps? I always have the problem that the setup wizard stops after booting, the same occurs with the Gapps. But when I only install the slim ROM it works properly.
You need to use newer gapps. Slim announced on their site a couple of months ago that older versions would cause problems.

jzak1083

Jul 16, 2012
I have problems with back key, sometimes it does not work. After reboot it works for some time again good.

Any idea how is this possible?

EDIT: This appears only when I have SuperSU installed, also the backlight of the buttons does not work with SuperSU installed.

EDIT2: SuperSU and also the buttons are working fine when using Spookcity_Kernel-N_v4.0-1500.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: spookcity138

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
I have problems with back key, sometimes it does not work. After reboot it works for some time again good.

Any idea how is this possible?

EDIT: This appears only when I have SuperSU installed, also the backlight of the buttons does not work with SuperSU installed.

Yes,others have reported this issue with SuperSU. I have no idea why or of a workaround. My only suggestion is to ditch SuperSU and go with Magisk.

Reactions: jzak1083

jzak1083

Jul 16, 2012
Yes,others have reported this issue with SuperSU. I have no idea why or of a workaround. My only suggestion is to ditch SuperSU and go with Magisk.
I wanted to use Magisk, but I'm getting error during installation - Magisk image mount failed... Which version of Magisk are you using?
Thanks.

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
I wanted to use Magisk, but I'm getting error during installation - Magisk image mount failed... Which version of Magisk are you using?
Thanks.
I'm currently running another ROM,but a few weeks ago when I flashed this I used Magisk 13.2 with no issues. I don't really see why there would be issues with the latest version on this ROM,but who knows. Hope that helps some.

jardo9

Mar 11, 2017
I'm experiencing gapps bug or smth. I install rom and gapps but I can't get into home screen. It's popping up setup wizard stopped working. Could someone tell me which version (date realase) of gapps are you using and it is working fine?

Edit: I tried install lineage rom and I had same issue. Maybe is it due old twrp? I'm using 3.0.0.0

Last edited:

Pat750

Sep 12, 2016
I'm experiencing gapps bug or smth. I install rom and gapps but I can't get into home screen. It's popping up setup wizard stopped working. Could someone tell me which version (date realase) of gapps are you using and it is working fine?

Edit: I tried install lineage rom and I had same issue. Maybe is it due old twrp? I'm using 3.0.0.0
Yes, please try latest official TWRP 3.1.1-1. Find it in original development.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    ***WARNING***
    -READ CAREFULLY!!

YOU FLASH THIS ROM AT YOUR OWN RISK.I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR DUE TO THE FLASHING OF THIS ROM.
    I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST DATA,BRICKED PHONE,OR ANYTHING OF THE SUCH.(PHONE EXPLODES,OVERHEATS ETC)
    THIS ROM IS ONLY FOR THE S5 MINI SM-G8OOF/M/Y (Exynos) DO NOT FLASH THIS ON ANY OTHER DEVICE!

http%3A%2F%2Fop.slimroms.net%2Fslimop%2Fslim7opnew.png

Useful Github links to share and read

- Info
    - Slim 7 specific
    UPDATED to Stable 1.16 on 05-11-2017
    Changes in Stable 1.16 Build
    - Synced Slim sources
    - Latest security patches (Oct 5)
    - KRACK wi-fi vulnerability patches
    - Full changelog can be found Here

This is SlimROM 7 for the Exynos3470 based Samsung Galaxy S5 mini (G800F/G800M/G800Y)

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. Our main goal is to offer users a slimmed down yet feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by our public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

Known Issues
    - Camera problems per usual. (I may remove the stock cam next build)
    - Let me know and I'll try to fix.

Notes
    - TWRP and backups - While TWRP 3.0 will work fine on backups between 7.x ROMS if you are running 7.x and try to restore to a 6.x ROM it will fail to restore the data partition.If you have the need to do this you MUST use TWRP 2.8! (Thanks to Sunn76 for that info)
    - No integrated root - use Magisk

I highly recommend a full backup before flashing this ROM.Again,I am not responsible if you lose any or all of your data!

Installation
    - Install TWRP version of your choice
    - Download the Slim 7 zip file
    - Copy to your phone
    - Reboot into recovery mode (Volume-Up + Home + Power button)
    - Wipe Dalvik/art Cache, Cache, System and Data (inside Wipe -> Advanced Wipe)
    - Install Slim 7
    - Install GApps of your choice
    - Reboot

Downloads

ENJOY!

Sources
    Thanks
    hennymcc,Psyafter and CTXz - I can not thank them enough for all of their hard work and dedication to our device. They are the reason that I am able to bring this ROM to everyone.
    - ayke for the latest TWRP
    - chainfire for CF-Auto-Root
    - Sunn76 and Zocker1304 for testing this ROM and providing me with feedback
    - SlimROM team
    - OpenGapps

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][G800F/M/Y][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL] Slim ROM 7 Nougat, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Contributors
    spookcity138
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-02-18
    Last Updated 2017-11-06
    Updated to v1.14. This might be the last update for this ROM. I'm unsure right now. I really would like to just focus on Android O from now on. We shall see.

Enjoy!
    Updated to stable v1.0. The APN issue is still there. Sorry I've just been lacking the time to really look into it. See main post for more details on the build.

Enjoy!
    Updated to v1.11. See main post for details.

Enjoy!
    Updated to beta 0.12 with many fixes. See main post for details.

Enjoy!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone