[ROM][G800F/M/Y][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL] Slim ROM 7 Nougat

Search This thread

TheSnak

Mar 9, 2015
TWRP don't change anything. I have to go back at original rom as spookcity138 told me I think... I tried with TWRP 3.1.1, 3.1 and 3.0

I come back if this work.. Or don't.

TheSnak

Mar 9, 2015
PROBLEM : Can't read the sim card

QUICK ANSWER : No kernel or other worked for me, only one solution was to go back to original ROM, then install TWRP 3.1.0 and this ROM.

EXPLANATION : The SE linux was set to renforced, original rom forced it to go back as Permissive, then there was no problem.

Thank you everyone and OP <3

Edit : Talking about the ROM.. WOAH ! It goes so fast ! Less is more yeah, I dunno if it's Android 7.1.2 but my phone is incredibly fast !

ehmergher

Feb 24, 2016
todays gapps got stuck on "setup wizard keeps stopping" with several reinstalls with wipings still no working phone
after loud FTHIS! intalled apps through apk downloader
still seeing "self swithing to LTE after reboot or flight mode off" bug

dmxl

Sep 28, 2006
Leiden, NL
Back button?

Hi there.

I have an issue where the back button doesn't work, until I reboot. And then it happens again after standby. Doesn't happen with other roms. Anyone any suggestion?
Also, in "Memory" settings, I miss the "Apps started on boot" option, that usually comes with other Android 7.1.2. Roms?
Thanks for all the work so far though.
- Update - Reflash seemed to solve the back button issue, so far. So only my "Apps started on boot" question remains.

Last edited:

koes1986

Apr 18, 2017
This is a great ROM, I cannot believe that my S5 mini can be this fast. I liked the Lineage OS before, but a lot of customization make the OS feels slow. Thanks for anyone who develops this ROM for S5 mini.

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
This is a great ROM, I cannot believe that my S5 mini can be this fast. I liked the Lineage OS before, but a lot of customization make the OS feels slow. Thanks for anyone who develops this ROM for S5 mini.
Yeah,if you don't need many (any) customizations then this ROM is probably for you. It is super fast and stable.. For me at least.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Reactions: wojtasrid

koes1986

Apr 18, 2017
Yeah,if you don't need many (any) customizations then this ROM is probably for you. It is super fast and stable.. For me at least.

I feel that the Slim ROM consume more battery on the idle state than Lineage. Is there any recommended kernel or customization to get better battery performance?

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
I feel that the Slim ROM consume more battery on the idle state than Lineage. Is there any recommended kernel or customization to get better battery performance?
Hmm, I do not notice this. My battery life is just fine. The only kernel I'm aware of for our device right now is mine. You can try that. I get very good battery life with it.

https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5-min...el-spookcitykernel-n-7-x-custom-roms-t3626015

M.A.T.O7

May 23, 2014
Galanta
hello, thank yoy for your hard work I really apriciate it. I have a question. I did not find any opportunity to change date format in clock settings, it is possible to add this option in it? Or it is possible to change somehow? Please reply

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
hello, thank yoy for your hard work I really apriciate it. I have a question. I did not find any opportunity to change date format in clock settings, it is possible to add this option in it? Or it is possible to change somehow? Please reply
I'm not currently using this ROM,but more than likely it's just not possible with this ROM. It is a very "bare bones" ROM. There's not many options for customizations.

bravur

Nov 15, 2016
Budapest
Not that I can think of off hand. The "best" ROM is all about preference. There are many to try though thanks to jimmy999x. I personally use AospExtended and it is my personal favorite.
As you make a lot of ROM, could you please make a short comparison of them, or just the some (Slim, Resurrection Remix, LineageOS 14.1, AospExtended)? Another thing, do you know which ROM does not have the the "Auto brightness" bug, that has been introduced in the 6.0.1. update? I have stock ROM, and it this bug is really annoying.

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
As you make a lot of ROM, could you please make a short comparison of them, or just the some (Slim, Resurrection Remix, LineageOS 14.1, AospExtended)? Another thing, do you know which ROM does not have the the "Auto brightness" bug, that has been introduced in the 6.0.1. update? I have stock ROM, and it this bug is really annoying.

I'm not real sure what the auto brightness bug is,but I don't really use it so yeah. As far as comparisons..There's a little here thanks to StanNL..
https://github.com/Spookcity/ROMS-G800F/issues/3
There are also a ton of ROMS not on XDA within the "test builds" issues in that repo thanks to jimmyy999x. You'll need to kinda go through them,but they are there.

Edit:
I see There's a link to the bug,duh. I still can't answer though as I don't use it,but when I've tried it seems OK to me.

Oleggluk

Jul 29, 2015

Fine-tune the auto-brightness with profiles. Works better than the system auto-brightness. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.velis.auto.brightness :good:

Reactions: spookcity138

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    ***WARNING***
    -READ CAREFULLY!!

YOU FLASH THIS ROM AT YOUR OWN RISK.I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR DUE TO THE FLASHING OF THIS ROM.
    I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST DATA,BRICKED PHONE,OR ANYTHING OF THE SUCH.(PHONE EXPLODES,OVERHEATS ETC)
    THIS ROM IS ONLY FOR THE S5 MINI SM-G8OOF/M/Y (Exynos) DO NOT FLASH THIS ON ANY OTHER DEVICE!

http%3A%2F%2Fop.slimroms.net%2Fslimop%2Fslim7opnew.png

Useful Github links to share and read

- Info
    - Slim 7 specific
    UPDATED to Stable 1.16 on 05-11-2017
    Changes in Stable 1.16 Build
    - Synced Slim sources
    - Latest security patches (Oct 5)
    - KRACK wi-fi vulnerability patches
    - Full changelog can be found Here

This is SlimROM 7 for the Exynos3470 based Samsung Galaxy S5 mini (G800F/G800M/G800Y)

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. Our main goal is to offer users a slimmed down yet feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by our public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

Known Issues
    - Camera problems per usual. (I may remove the stock cam next build)
    - Let me know and I'll try to fix.

Notes
    - TWRP and backups - While TWRP 3.0 will work fine on backups between 7.x ROMS if you are running 7.x and try to restore to a 6.x ROM it will fail to restore the data partition.If you have the need to do this you MUST use TWRP 2.8! (Thanks to Sunn76 for that info)
    - No integrated root - use Magisk

I highly recommend a full backup before flashing this ROM.Again,I am not responsible if you lose any or all of your data!

Installation
    - Install TWRP version of your choice
    - Download the Slim 7 zip file
    - Copy to your phone
    - Reboot into recovery mode (Volume-Up + Home + Power button)
    - Wipe Dalvik/art Cache, Cache, System and Data (inside Wipe -> Advanced Wipe)
    - Install Slim 7
    - Install GApps of your choice
    - Reboot

Downloads

ENJOY!

Sources
    Thanks
    hennymcc,Psyafter and CTXz - I can not thank them enough for all of their hard work and dedication to our device. They are the reason that I am able to bring this ROM to everyone.
    - ayke for the latest TWRP
    - chainfire for CF-Auto-Root
    - Sunn76 and Zocker1304 for testing this ROM and providing me with feedback
    - SlimROM team
    - OpenGapps

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][G800F/M/Y][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL] Slim ROM 7 Nougat, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Contributors
    spookcity138
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-02-18
    Last Updated 2017-11-06
    Updated to v1.14. This might be the last update for this ROM. I'm unsure right now. I really would like to just focus on Android O from now on. We shall see.

Enjoy!
    Updated to stable v1.0. The APN issue is still there. Sorry I've just been lacking the time to really look into it. See main post for more details on the build.

Enjoy!
    Updated to v1.11. See main post for details.

Enjoy!
    Updated to beta 0.12 with many fixes. See main post for details.

Enjoy!