[ROM][G800F][UNOFFICIAL] AOSPExtended ROM v.5.8 (O) [10.10.18]

Search This thread

mongo0

Nov 7, 2013
Hi all,

I compiled AOSP Extended ROM v. 5.8 (Oreo) and I thought I would share it here as well.

All credit go to the maintainers of the s5mini device tree(s), to AOSPExtended Team and everyone else who contributed.

What does not work (so far):
- Video Recording
- FlipFlap
- Auto-detect APN (I had to manually set it)
- Call forwarding settings menu: Radio (gms/umts) stops working; needs reboot
- Background light for hardware buttons (fixed)
- NFC (Problem with menu/settings) (fixed)

Disclaimer:
* Your warranty is void when flashing this rom. *
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards or other problems. *

Download Link: AospExtended-v5.8-kminilte-20181111-1820-UNOFFICIAL.zip removed: (this ROM is quite old and missing security and other features. Use a Pie build: e.g. https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=64356&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC)

Note: This ROM should work on all Exynos based variants(G800F/M/Y), however I could only test on G800F.

Installation (GAPPS): (You know the drill...)
-Flash ROM with latest TWRP
-Flash OpenGAPPs
-Flash Magisk

Installation (Nanodroid):
-Flash Magisk
-Flash Nanodroid

Created 2018-10-10
Last Updated 2018-10-25
Status Discontinued (sorry no more updates)

Attachments

• Screenshot_Settings_20181010-214206.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20181010-214206.png
    112.9 KB · Views: 2,136
  • Screenshot_Settings_20181010-214233.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20181010-214233.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 2,077
  • Screenshot_Pixel_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_Pixel_Launcher.png
    228.4 KB · Views: 1,759
  • Screenshot_Settings_DarkT_Patched.png
    Screenshot_Settings_DarkT_Patched.png
    82.7 KB · Views: 1,734
Last edited:

mongo0

Nov 7, 2013
Update
I updated the ROM again to include android-8.1.0_r48,
Security patch is now October 5th,
and I also included the AEX boot animation this time.

Last edited:

mongo0

Nov 7, 2013
SD card is not accessible - unfortunately.
But great work, mate

Hello,

I just checked SD (external) storage and here it is accessible (I can create and delete files&folders). Do use it as internal storage?
you need to give permission for 3rd party apps like amaze (it did not work the first time)

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2018
Hello,

I just checked SD (external) storage and here it is accessible (I can create and delete files&folders). Do use it as internal storage?
you need to give permission for 3rd party apps like amaze (it did not work the first time)

Yes, I tried to use SD card as internal but also as external device.
I also confirm that folders can be created and files can be copied and erased.
But if I want to acces the external card with any APP (likt dict.cc) which needs access to external SD card, it says memory is not accessible.

Just give me a hint, how shall I give permission to 3rd party apps?
Do I set Memory access is in security section in the settings, because this does not work.
Or do I have to access any config file using a terminal?

Thx for your reply, mate.

mongo0

Nov 7, 2013
But if I want to acces the external card with any APP (likt dict.cc) which needs access to external SD card, it says memory is not accessible.

Do I set Memory access is in security section in the settings, because this does not work.

I'm thinking that dict.cc app is a broken or not fully supporting Oreo. It doesn't even start properly here..( all white or black screen, then, after a long time, a search bar that is not really working ) and 'dict.cc isn't responding' as well as 'GENERIC ERROR' something (at least on first start).

But, eventually I got it to change the directory: (changed Data Storage Location to /storage/3451-1301/). Even though dict.cc said it didn't work...

All the other apps I tried can also access sdcard:

I inserted SD card and started VLC and get this message:
'New external storage detected. Do you want VLC to add device sdcard1 to your medialibrary?'

VLC then can play the music stored on sdcard...

Also, I could access OSMand maps on sdcard I downloaded a long time ago under a different ROM

Anyway, I attached the screenshot with the instructions from Amaze how to grant access (Amaze opens the standard Files (explorer) to that). Maybe it helps...

edit:
Indeed, dict.cc fails to download to sdcard. But OSMand has no problems at all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Amaze_20181025-095412.png
    Screenshot_Amaze_20181025-095412.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
Reactions: Immortal rider

mongo0

Nov 7, 2013
Update
Bugfix:
Background light for hw keys fixed (and configurable)
Other hw buttons (home, back, overview) now configurable
Other (probably) important bugfixes

Reactions: Pottkopp and jaeck
Oct 21, 2018
I'm thinking that dict.cc app is a broken or not fully supporting Oreo. It doesn't even start properly here..( all white or black screen, then, after a long time, a search bar that is not really working ) and 'dict.cc isn't responding' as well as 'GENERIC ERROR' something (at least on first start).

But, eventually I got it to change the directory: (changed Data Storage Location to /storage/3451-1301/). Even though dict.cc said it didn't work...

'New external storage detected. Do you want VLC to add device sdcard1 to your medialibrary?'

Also, I could access OSMand maps on sdcard I downloaded a long time ago under a different ROM

Anyway, I attached the screenshot with the instructions from Amaze how to grant access (Amaze opens the standard Files (explorer) to that). Maybe it helps...

edit:

G'day mongo0,
thx for the reply.
Will try it either today or tomorrow again.
Might be to say farewell to dict.cc.
Thx buddy for the great work

Installed last version and you are absolutely right.
Access to external SD card works fine except using dict.cc. dict.cc doesn't recognize SD card, for whatever reason.
everything works fine so far.
Single prob I am facing right now is, network connection via SIM card (as you have already written in the main post).
As said before, great work, buddy.
THX and greetz
Immortal rider

Last edited:

mongo0

Nov 7, 2013
G'day mongo0,
thx for the reply.
Will try it either today or tomorrow again.
Might be to say farewell to dict.cc.
Thx buddy for the great work

Installed last version and you are absolutely right.
Access to external SD card works fine except using dict.cc. dict.cc doesn't recognize SD card, for whatever reason.
everything works fine so far.
Single prob I am facing right now is, network connection via SIM card (as you have already written in the main post).
As said before, great work, buddy.
THX and greetz
Immortal rider

Well, thanks for your feedback. It was also interesting for me to do all the rom compiling..
I probably won't update anymore since it looks like rev. 48 is the final one for Oreo, AEX seems to have stopped updating it, and (some of) the bugs are fixed.

Last edited:

mongo0

Nov 7, 2013
Hey ScRe13
Thanks for your feedback.

I can confirm 1.), however I don't see any flickering.
There are some graphical glitches with apps based on apache cordova., apparently..

I did an update 2018-11-11 (resynced sources)
I might give a try to fix the storage issue too

ScRe13

Nov 11, 2018
I have testet 2018-11-11, but the chat backup in WhatsApp is still not working.

But the rest of you build is great:good: Incredible fast 8.1 on Samsung S5 mini:D
Hope you'll release frequent new builds with the current security updates.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

I compiled AOSP Extended ROM v. 5.8 (Oreo) and I thought I would share it here as well.

All credit go to the maintainers of the s5mini device tree(s), to AOSPExtended Team and everyone else who contributed.

What does not work (so far):
    - Video Recording
    - FlipFlap
    - Auto-detect APN (I had to manually set it)
    - Call forwarding settings menu: Radio (gms/umts) stops working; needs reboot
    - Background light for hardware buttons (fixed)
    - NFC (Problem with menu/settings) (fixed)

Disclaimer:
    * Your warranty is void when flashing this rom. *
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards or other problems. *

Download Link: AospExtended-v5.8-kminilte-20181111-1820-UNOFFICIAL.zip removed: (this ROM is quite old and missing security and other features. Use a Pie build: e.g. https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=64356&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC)

Note: This ROM should work on all Exynos based variants(G800F/M/Y), however I could only test on G800F.

Installation (GAPPS): (You know the drill...)
    -Flash OpenGAPPs
    -Flash Magisk

Installation (Nanodroid):
    -Flash Magisk
    -Flash Nanodroid

Created 2018-10-10
    Last Updated 2018-10-25
    Status Discontinued (sorry no more updates)
    Update
    Bugfix:
    Background light for hw keys fixed (and configurable)
    Other hw buttons (home, back, overview) now configurable
    Other (probably) important bugfixes

edit:
    Update (Bugfix)
    NFC (somehow) fixed