[ROM] G900P_PCA-6.0.1 Stock Deodexed Rooted ROM (5/28/2016)

Search This thread

muniz_ri

Jun 27, 2012
Downloads:
- G900P_PCA_Stock_Deodexed_Rooted_ROM.zip

- G900P_PCA_Stock_Modem+Bootloader.tar.md5 (Required!)

- G900P_PCA_Stock_Recovery.tar.md5 (Optional)

1. Place the ROM onto your device (use either internal or ext-sdcard).
2. Flash with TWRP.
3. Completely turn off device (important!) then boot into Download Mode and Odin flash the Modem and Bootloader. The ROM will not boot without them!
4. After a reboot the device will remain on the Sprint splash screen for 10 - 15 minutes before completely rebooting.

Tip: For faster speed turn off animations from Developer Options!

Optional:
- G900P_PCA_Batch_Debloater (Customizable)

Kernel:
- Stock kernel with chainfire's sepolicy patch and BETA SuperSu v2.74.

Notes:
- Your knox warranty bit will be tripped!
- No need to wipe prior to flashing, the ROM will automatically wipe system and userdata.

Last edited:

dmolavi

Aug 22, 2010
can i go from stock rooted NK4 directly to this? is a factory reset required (or just "highly recommended")?

dmolavi

Aug 22, 2010
hmmm i'm getting a corrupt zip file notice in TWRP when trying to flash this from internal memory.

chippinganimal

Nov 22, 2015
Boston
hmmm i'm getting a corrupt zip file notice in TWRP when trying to flash this from internal memory.
booted up for me, at the setup screen now. Try redownloading it... maybe a corrupt download

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

@muniz_ri maybe you could create another version of the rom that is more debloated of most of the sprint crap that is preinstalled :p other than that thanks for making this rom bro!

dmolavi

Aug 22, 2010
I tried 4 different downloads. Does it need to be in the root of the internal memory? Or renamed? It keeps saying it's failing validation...twrp 3.0.2.0.

chippinganimal

Nov 22, 2015
Boston
I tried 4 different downloads. Does it need to be in the root of the internal memory? Or renamed? It keeps saying it's failing validation...twrp 3.0.2.0.
i just downloaded it through the internet app on my phone which placed it in the downloads folder and flashed twrp, same version you are running, wiped everything, and selected the zip, and it installed. I dunno whats going on with your phone though :/

dmolavi

Aug 22, 2010
i just downloaded it through the internet app on my phone which placed it in the downloads folder and flashed twrp, same version you are running, wiped everything, and selected the zip, and it installed. I dunno whats going on with your phone though :/

I didn't do a wipe...but that shouldn't impact the validation.

Arch1tekt

Oct 3, 2011
Will not load into Odin after flashing...

Downloaded, flashed, and tried to Odin the bootloader and modem, but phone will not be recognized by Odin. Sugesstions?

dmolavi

Aug 22, 2010
what slot do i put the modem/bootloader in? BL or CP? and do i need to get rid of the .md5 extension first?

Edit - put it in BL, odin said pass. Now i'm sitting at the "Sprint" (white background) splash screen. I'll let it simmer for a while. Fingers crossed again :)

Edit 2 - Hot sh!t...I'm up and running. 10 minutes on the Sprint splash screen. Now to redownload my apps and restore all the data. Ten thumbs up :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Downloads:
    - G900P_PCA_Stock_Deodexed_Rooted_ROM.zip

- G900P_PCA_Stock_Modem+Bootloader.tar.md5 (Required!)

- G900P_PCA_Stock_Recovery.tar.md5 (Optional)

1. Place the ROM onto your device (use either internal or ext-sdcard).
    2. Flash with TWRP.
    3. Completely turn off device (important!) then boot into Download Mode and Odin flash the Modem and Bootloader. The ROM will not boot without them!
    4. After a reboot the device will remain on the Sprint splash screen for 10 - 15 minutes before completely rebooting.

Tip: For faster speed turn off animations from Developer Options!

Optional:
    - G900P_PCA_Batch_Debloater (Customizable)

Kernel:
    - Stock kernel with chainfire's sepolicy patch and BETA SuperSu v2.74.

Notes:
    - Your knox warranty bit will be tripped!
    - No need to wipe prior to flashing, the ROM will automatically wipe system and userdata.
    Just wanted to say after attempting to downgrade, failing numerous times due to locked bootloader, after my 3rd or forth OK4 flash and factory reset I was able to boot the phone set it up and now its downloading a OTA update. Very slowly but im pretty sure this will resolve my issues once I can get to PE1 marshmallow.

EDIT - Upgraded to PCA and was able to flash this deodexed zip just fine in PhilZ/cwmod and everything is great! After installing xposed and getting rid of the volume nag life is great ;)

EDIT #2 - Followed this thread and got xposed working -
    http://xdaforums.com/xposed/unofficial-xposed-samsung-lollipop-t3180960

For those looking for a good module that works with this rom / 6.0.1 / S5 that has a lot of tweaks, use Firefds Kit (search in the modules download section within the xposed app), after much searching and many failed modules, I found one that finally worked and killed BOTH the volume warning AND the sd card notification that pops up at every boot :) That thing was driving me crazy!
    It took almost exactly 10 minutes for the sprint splashscreen to go away. I did the following:
    1. Backed up everything with titanium (and did a nandroid backup too).
    2. Booted into recovery.
    3. Wipe everything
    4. Flash ROM
    5. POWER OFF (don't just reboot)
    6. Boot to download mode.
    7. Use Odin to flash bootloader and modem into BL slot, unchecked reset time and all the little check boxes next to it (reset device, reboot device, etc).
    8. Hold down power for about 5-10 seconds to exit download mode and power off.
    9. Power on and let sit at sprint splash screen. After about 10 minutes, phone went operational.
    can I use this in my new rom?
    Feel free to use whatever parts of the script you want. I couldn't have made it without others guiding the way. Share and share alike.
    Thanks for making this dude! Any bugs you know of?
    It's untouched stock, other than deodexed and root, so it should be solid.