★[Rom][G900TUVU1ANE6][4.4.2] Stock Root Odex/Deodex/Knox-CarrierIQ-Free[Firmware]★

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ARey1212

Dec 5, 2011
New York City
Is there any way to install Custom Recovery without tripping Knox? I have root, Beanz room all Knox free. Only thing missing is that

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

njdevils28

Feb 2, 2011
Well you can only use the amount of data you have. If you have unlimited, then yes. If you have 2GB, then 2GB etc..

Awesome. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Is there any way to install Custom Recovery without tripping Knox? I have root, Beanz room all Knox free. Only thing missing is that

Look at towel root

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California

Uhhh...you don't have a rom without tripping knox. If you have a custom rom, knox has been tripped since you need a recovery to flash it. Maybe I misunderstood you?

ARey1212

Dec 5, 2011
New York City
Uhhh...you don't have a rom without tripping knox. If you have a custom rom, knox has been tripped since you need a recovery to flash it. Maybe I misunderstood you?

Hmm.. I understand where you're coming from but I thought this ROM (Odex) was "Knox-Free" as Beanz claimed it was. I just installed the Firmware using ODIN and used Towelroot as well. When I went into Download mode to confirm it shows KNOX: 0x0 which I understood and read as meaning it's a virgin or haven't been tripped yet. Am I wrong?

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
Hmm.. I understand where you're coming from but I thought this ROM (Odex) was "Knox-Free" as Beanz claimed it was. I just installed the Firmware using ODIN and used Towelroot as well. When I went into Download mode to confirm it shows KNOX: 0x0 which I understood and read as meaning it's a virgin or haven't been tripped yet. Am I wrong?

Oh, you only flashed the firmware. You didn't flash the rom yet. This rom needs to be flashed in a custom recovery, not ODIN.

ARey1212

Dec 5, 2011
New York City
Oh, you only flashed the firmware. You didn't flash the rom yet. This rom needs to be flashed in a custom recovery, not ODIN.

ooo ok. Pardon my noobness then for the next and last question then, but since I didn't flash the rom, does that mean I don't receive all the features associate with this ROM? Like the Carrier IQ, BusyBox, Zipaligned and all that stuff. Thanks for the swift responses and help agaiN!

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
ooo ok. Pardon my noobness then for the next and last question then, but since I didn't flash the rom, does that mean I don't receive all the features associate with this ROM? Like the Carrier IQ, BusyBox, Zipaligned and all that stuff. Thanks for the swift responses and help agaiN!

Yeah. Your software is still whatever you had before you flashed the file in ODIN.

ecksor

Jan 26, 2011
NYC
For people, who were asking for a 4-way reboot a few pages back:

Unzip, put android.policy.jar in your /system/framework folder, don't forget to back up the old one, chmod rw-r-r, reboot.

Tested on DEODEX NE6. This is a TMO-specific mod - the one from Sprint pulled wrong resources.

Attachments

• android.policy.zip
    273.9 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: mike28

Christopher3712

Oct 2, 2007
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Last edited:

BeansTown106

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2011
BeanTown USA
Yes, it allows VOLTE. They just started releasing it today. It's available in 15 markets, although everyone else will start getting it tomorrow. It's for the 900T only.

http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/issues-insights-blog/the-un-carrier-network-designed-data-strong.htm

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...ing-volte-support-fifteen-markets-nationwide/

K will get on it when I get home and release my current build of alliance ne6 based

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Sheldor1967

Jul 23, 2011
Akron, Oh
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
ODiN Guide?

Hi, I used ODIN a few months back and had no problems. Was that because I was stock at the time? I tried to update my firmware and it keeps failing. I can't find the guide I used then (thought I bookmarked it...) Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Reactions: em0ney14

em0ney14

Apr 1, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
K will get on it when I get home and release my current build of alliance ne6 based

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
VOLTE .. hmmm

T-Mobile Galaxy S5

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Hi, I used ODIN a few months back and had no problems. Was that because I was stock at the time? I tried to update my firmware and it keeps failing. I can't find the guide I used then (thought I bookmarked it...) Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
whoops, hit the thanks button instead of quote. ..

Anyways, try this. .

1. pull the battery to completely power off the device

2. replace battery

3. press and hold Volume DOWN, home, and power button to boot in to download mode

4. press the volume UP button to continue

5. connect the usb to your phone and computer.

6. Open odin and proceed to flash

T-Mobile Galaxy S5

Reactions: Sheldor1967

mike28

Feb 17, 2011
I wonder if non volte markets will get it

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just snagged the NF6 Tar from kies odin flashable tars and new stock odex/deodex will be up by end of the night
    ★[Rom][G900TUVU1ANE6][4.4.2] Stock Root Odex/Deodex/Knox-CarrierIQ-Free[Firmware]★

CLOSED Base is Now Deprecated Move on to here for the latest and greatest :)
    New Thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53562285

This is a Stock Root Flashable Version Of the newest KitKat 4.4.2 G900TUVU1ANE6

Requirements: Custom Recovery For Odex/Deodex

Odex Features:
    Rooted
    BusyBox
    Zipaligned
    Init.d support
    Knox-Free
    Carrier-IQ Free
    Removed Tether Provisioning checks
    Read/Write to external storage
    Working Art
    Working Private Mode

DeOdex Features:
    same as Odex
    Deodexed
    Non-Working Private Mode

Rom Zips:
    Odex Rom Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358541272

Odex md5: 4343b841886cc7df8d8d559d895af788

DeOdex Rom Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358541399

De-Odex md5: 8a910044604cadd2a46d87fb86725ab8

Odin Flashable Tars:
    Firmware Only Tar Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358541217

md5: 24f1eaf99de1a234eb719484fa02ce4c

Odin Download:
    Odin 3.09 Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291676783

Disclaimer: DO NOT FLASH FIRMWARE/FULL TAR ON DEVICES OTHER THAN T-MOBILE S5

Thanks to:
    ChainFire - for superSU
    Sparky_b - For Helping deodex with the alliance kitchen
    JustArchi/Dsixda - for thier Kitchens Used For Various Tasks
    Anyway to make s health work?

Here is how to get s health to work with xposed.

Using a file manager open the /system/build.prop. Search for a line that says secure_storage=true and change it to secure_storage=false. Save the file and reboot.

Please note that I just typed that from memory so the actually line might be slightly different. It's the only line that says secure storage though. Also note that if you are using the odexed version it will kill private mode as well.

Disclaimer: It is Recomended to Be on The Latest Firmware and Modem. To do that Without having to ReRoot Flash The Firmware Only Tar Via Odin

This Isn't Necessary Phone Boots Without It, But For best results i Strongly Suggest Doing So, Dont Report Bugs Unless on UVU1ANE6 Firmware!

Again DO NOT FLASH FIRMWARE/FULL TAR ON DEVICES OTHER THAN T-MOBILE S5(G900T)
    The startup and shutdown T-Mobile jingles are located in "/system/media/audio/ui"

The files are called:

PowerOn.ogg
    PowerOff.ogg

you can preview them if you want, if you'd like to double check.

In regards to the Charging Port cover & backcover warnings, you can simply change the permissions or rename the APK that triggers the message.

It is located in "/system/app"

and it's called "PopupuiReceiver.apk"

I did that and haven't really found any issue by doing the above.

Hope it helps...

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Does anyone know if it's possible to get Private-Mode working for DeOdex? like a work-around or something.

I really don't want to go Odex and having to flash my phone and start from scratch.

Thanks

Just an fyi on popupuireciever.apk. I have looked through some of it and it does appear to have some other reference in it for popups other then just the battery and charging cover. Some of these seem to even be carrier related popups from verizon and stuff. If you want to disable just the battery popups and know how to decompile (recommend ticklemyandroid, just search and read directions in the op to set it up) just do this,

1)decompile popupuireciever.apk properly
    2)open res/bools.xml
    3)change the option that says something like "battery_popups_enable=true" to "battery_popups_enable=false". Please note, I dont have the exact file in front of me and I am typing this from memory, might be slightly different.
    4)save the file, recompile and push back to device by over righting the old one (backup first!f)

That is the same method all the devs are using to disable it in there roms.

EDIT: also there is no way to enable private mode on a fully deodexed rom. You can check out my rom however that does have private mode fully working. The reason for this is because I used kind of a "hybrid" approach. A lot of the framework is still odexed but most of the apps are deodexed. There are some caveats though as xposed does kill private mode since it is not compatible with secure storage. Same reason why there was early issues with Shealth not functioning properly until devs figured out how to kill secure storage via build.prop.