[ROM][G920/5-F-I-S-K-L][11.0] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

enesuzun2002

Recognized Developer
2okPze5.png
Note: This is not a ROM based on the ROM shipped with your device.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working:
  • Telephony (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • NFC
  • Fingerprint
  • Camera
  • HWC
  • GPS

What's not working:
  • Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
  • IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.

Possible Problems:
  • Problem: Problems with modem like dropping/slow/slowly connecting data connections, missed calls/SMS
    Solution: Try to update your device's baseband/modem to the latest available version. If there are still problems, report this bug to the developers.

Instructions:
  • Flash your choice of custom recovery.
  • Download the latest build (and optionally gapps).
  • Reboot to recovery.
  • Wipe data and cache (required if you are coming from a different ROM or from lower android version).
  • Flash the latest build (and gapps).
  • Reboot.

Downloads:

Sources:

Reporting Bugs:

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg and /proc/sec_log_last_kernel (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Telegram Group:

Samsung Galaxy S6 LineageOS Development: https://t.me/joinchat/GhF7_U8IaarGQ2Y08NWilg

Donate:

I do this in my free time and currently i work on this alone. If you want to support the project feel free to donate

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210423-003619_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210423-003619_Trebuchet.png
    463.1 KB · Views: 3,278
  • Screenshot_20210423-003628_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210423-003628_Settings.png
    182.7 KB · Views: 3,121
  • Screenshot_20210423-003640_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210423-003640_Settings.png
    180 KB · Views: 3,201
  • Screenshot_20210423-003652_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210423-003652_Settings.png
    161.3 KB · Views: 3,094
  • Screenshot_20210423-003707_Android_System.png
    Screenshot_20210423-003707_Android_System.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 3,180
Last edited:

1samplus

Apr 23, 2021
Will it be available for S6 Edge? I try to flash this on my S6 Edge and this one didnt work :(
its only for s6 please also release it for s6 edge
Thank You brother

curtis e bear

Apr 25, 2021
Thank you for your hard work on this.
Can anyone confirm that Bluetooth audio is working ok ?
I can detect and connect to my headset just fine, but no matter what I try, audio always plays through the phone instead of the headset.

curtis e bear

Apr 25, 2021
I'm not sure if I'm being dumb or not, but I can't seem to find a way to enable the on-screen navigation gestures. Couldn't find it under System > Buttons or System > Gestures, is there somewhere I'm not looking that has it? Thanks in advance.
I had the same problem, seems the option is not there.
I enabled it through the adb shell using the below command
"settings --lineage put system force_show_navbar 1"

I found the solution from the below thread, where the problem was reported for different devices.

Reactions: borlando

anima^

Apr 24, 2021
Is there any way to make it work for S6 Edge? Both S6 and S6 Edge has same software and Hardware. So any idea how to install it in s6 edge? any workaround?
T h a n k s

razjan00

Apr 28, 2021
after installing I have imei 2 problem and sim 2 not working...how to fix?😞😞😞...please help

Gleba1337

Feb 23, 2018
Main problem with 9.0 and 10.0 roms is that the caller cannot be heard after some time of phone standby. Last rom thats works perfect is 8.1.
It is any chance that 11.0 fixed this issue?

btw edge model has different kernel, someone needs to compile it

Dec 1, 2015
tehran
first of all big shout out and THANKS to @enesuzun2002 for your great work and roms over the years and keeping our old device (SM-G920F) alive for such a long time ;)👍.
i downloaded the Rom and kinda went Full CRAZY mod and installed FULL NikGapps + flipendo (Pixel Extreme Battery Saving mod) + Magisk and removed stock Youtube & youtube music & stock lineageos recorder (with Root explorers) and replaced youtube apps with vanced manager😈,
and i'm having such a great time so far... i come from evolution x & pixel experience and Googlefied my phone as much as possible and bloated it with games & social apps and music👹.

the phone gets ♨️hot some times compared to older operating systems i used before but 🔋battery life is kinda amazing to say the least (at least compared to evolution x and pixel experience) and everthing is smooth and (well to be honest it got a bit choppy and lagging at first while i was installing apps non-stop but after installing them and logging in to every app my experience has been great so far(y))

the only problems i found was 👾:
1.When connecting to "Samsung Level" Bluetooth headset, the audio comes from the phone's main speaker although when you try to change the volume it shows the Bluetooth headset's name and the controls are just fine but the audio comes out from main speaker ( i tried to disable AudioFX with magisk modules and installing Viper4Android but didn't help)
2.while in a phone call using WhatsApp the earphone has no sound and audio comes out from Main Speaker with lower DB ( but i have to say this problem isn't present in calling using Simcard, i mean regular calling) i haven't tested other voip apps

everything else has been great like fast charging, battery life, AUX quality, and what i love the most about the rom is HWC :D
again big thanks to enesuzun2002 for his great work and passion, i've been a BIG FAN since your nougat roms and you seem to surprise everyone every now & then with your great work.
wish you and everyone the best and hope you all have smiles on your faces, where ever you are... when ever you are 😁😉

Last edited:

otuken

Jun 29, 2020
Konya
Thanks @ enesuzun2002 for Android 11. It was also meaningful that it was on April 23rd.
I'll wait a little longer; until the stable structure comes out. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,

Just now, I've updated my previous post with an updated download containing the January 2023 patches. Any previous downloads have been removed.

This update is also available via LineageOS's OTA functionality. See Settings -> System -> Updater.

Kind regards,
    FWieP
    But seems that microphone is not picking up sounds in WhatsApp or Camera, Gboard.... It worked before.
    Hi,

Thanks for pointing this out. Together with the SM-G920F, I build LOS18.1 regularly for the Motorola G6 (ali). Since the most recent build, at least one user has suddenly got microphone problems, too.

So, it might be some upstream LOS18 issue..? I have no idea.
    I'll try to investigate, keep an eye on the official logs and hope that a new build will fix those issues for you (and all others).

Kind regards,
    FWieP
    Hi,

Thanks for pointing this out. Together with the SM-G920F, I build LOS18.1 regularly for the Motorola G6 (ali). Since the most recent build, at least one user has suddenly got microphone problems, too.

So, it might be some upstream LOS18 issue..? I have no idea.
    I'll try to investigate, keep an eye on the official logs and hope that a new build will fix those issues for you (and all others).

Kind regards,
    FWieP
    Just WOW !!! A supporter of the great Galaxy S6 !! Thanks for your work ! im very happy to find your updated version of android usable in 2023 ! Thanks a lot and good job
    Would it be possible to add Signature Spoofing/MicroG support to this ROM or is this out of reach? :whistle:
    Hi,

For my personal LineageOS builds, I agree with the official LineageOS statement about SafetyNet. That's a "no" from me.

But that doesn´t mean you could not build your own and include signature spoofing. There are some projects out there, but I have never had the need to investigate them.

If you do go and build, good luck! :) If not, perhaps there are other builders around that can help you.

Kind regards,
    FWieP
    2okPze5.png
    Note: This is not a ROM based on the ROM shipped with your device.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working:
    • Telephony (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint
    • Camera
    • HWC
    • GPS

What's not working:
    • Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
    • IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.

Possible Problems:
    • Problem: Problems with modem like dropping/slow/slowly connecting data connections, missed calls/SMS
      Solution: Try to update your device's baseband/modem to the latest available version. If there are still problems, report this bug to the developers.

Instructions:
    • Flash your choice of custom recovery.
    • Download the latest build (and optionally gapps).
    • Reboot to recovery.
    • Wipe data and cache (required if you are coming from a different ROM or from lower android version).
    • Flash the latest build (and gapps).
    • Reboot.

Downloads:

Sources:

Reporting Bugs:

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg and /proc/sec_log_last_kernel (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Telegram Group:

Samsung Galaxy S6 LineageOS Development: https://t.me/joinchat/GhF7_U8IaarGQ2Y08NWilg

Donate:

I do this in my free time and currently i work on this alone. If you want to support the project feel free to donate
    Changelog - 20220204
    • Fixed Bluetooth Audio (Calls untested).
    • Added support for zeroltexx (Untested).
    • Lineage Recovery will be released with rom now.
    • Updated LineageOS Sources.

Download link is on first post, zeroltexx build coming shortly to the same download link.
    Thank you very much for all this info and your work. Starting from scratch with a roomservice.xml pointing to your repos, and the patch to Soong, the build succeeded without any errors, warnings or complaints.

As stated before, I don't even own an S6 device; the one I would be building for is more than 200 km from here. Baking the ROM was more a learning experience for me - especially the patch to Soong. If I do cross the S6 in the near future, I'll probably install it.

For now, this is my LineageOS 18.1 build containing the October-2022 patches, if anyone's interested and would like to test:
    lineage-18.1-20221023-UNOFFICIAL-zerofltexx.zip
    lineage-18.1-20221023-UNOFFICIAL-zerofltexx.zip.sha256sum
    lineage-18.1-20221023-UNOFFICIAL-zerofltexx.zip.sha256sum.asc

Update - updated with October 2022 security patches. Previous download(s) removed.

Update - Since the 2022-10-23 build, there is an OTA updater included in this ROM. It asks my download server for an updated build - just like in the official LineageOS. Don't forget to set it to check every month. It will download and install automatically; make sure you have a compatible recovery installed (preferably TWRP).

Possible bug(s) - Audio transfer via Bluetooth does not work? (see this post). Please test and report. Does this affect anyone else?

Thank you, see you next month.
    FWieP

Hello everyone ...

A few days ago I switched my entire LineageOS build tree to version 18.1.
    And I've also already created an updated build for the Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F (zeroltexx) using the sources mentioned above:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=336695

I own such a device myself, and so I can test my builds.
    And this first attempt is working great!

I'm looking forward to your feedback.
    And I would like to create monthly updated LineageOS 18.1 builds for the Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F (zeroltexx).

Have a lot of fun!
    Borstelchen
    Thank you very much for all this info and your work. Starting from scratch with a roomservice.xml pointing to your repos, and the patch to Soong, the build succeeded without any errors, warnings or complaints.

As stated before, I don't even own an S6 device; the one I would be building for is more than 200 km from here. Baking the ROM was more a learning experience for me - especially the patch to Soong. If I do cross the S6 in the near future, I'll probably install it.

For now, this is my LineageOS 18.1 build, if anyone's interested and would like to test:
    - lineage-18.1-20230113-UNOFFICIAL-zerofltexx.zip
    - lineage-18.1-20230113-UNOFFICIAL-zerofltexx.zip.sha256sum
    - lineage-18.1-20230113-UNOFFICIAL-zerofltexx.zip.sha256sum.asc

Update - updated with January 2023 security patches. Previous download(s) removed.

Update - updated sources with several fixes by @fakemanoan , now located at github.com/samsungexynos7420/.

Update - Since the 2022-10-23 build, there is an OTA updater included in this ROM. It asks my download server for an updated build - just like in the official LineageOS. Don't forget to set it to check every month. It will download and install automatically; make sure you have a compatible recovery installed (preferably TWRP).

Possible bug(s) - Audio transfer via Bluetooth does not work? (see this post). Please test and report. Does this affect anyone else?

Thank you, see you next month.
    FWieP
    As far as I know, the ROMs I build are for the G920F only. zerolte is the G925F. In the sources I use (by @fakemanoan) , the compatible devices are defined. I can add zerolte, but I don't know whether the build would actually run on your device.

@fakemanoan, could you shed some light on this?

Thanks and kind regards,
    FWieP
    Hi
    Currently I am redoing the device tree due to some issues I have found with it. The zerolte, aka G925, source is not updated unfortunately.

If you want to build it now, cloning the current zerofltexx tree and renaming all zerofltexx references to zeroltexx will produce working builds.

I am working on it right now, and if everything goes well, it should be updated within a week with some nice additions/fixes also.