LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
- Telephony (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
What's not working:
- Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
- IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.
- Problem: Problems with modem like dropping/slow/slowly connecting data connections, missed calls/SMS
Solution: Try to update your device's baseband/modem to the latest available version. If there are still problems, report this bug to the developers.
- Flash your choice of custom recovery.
- Download the latest build (and optionally gapps).
- Reboot to recovery.
- Wipe data and cache (required if you are coming from a different ROM or from lower android version).
- Flash the latest build (and gapps).
- DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg and /proc/sec_log_last_kernel (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
Samsung Galaxy S6 LineageOS Development: https://t.me/joinchat/GhF7_U8IaarGQ2Y08NWilg
I do this in my free time and currently i work on this alone. If you want to support the project feel free to donate