[ROM][G920/5-F-I-S-K-L-T-W8][11.0] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread
New LineageOS 18.1 Release

Changelog
  • Kernel Unified (works on edge and also US models)
  • Added support for audience mixer paths to audio hal
  • Fixed Wi-Fi Hotspot
  • Fixed a bug in kernel which led to Wi-Fi disconnect when device goes to sleep
  • Fixed video recording low volume
  • Bring up old Power HAL
  • Fix up key disabler
  • DT2W support is back
  • R22P0 GPU Drivers
  • ZRAM
  • Many other improvements since last release.

Download

This build works on all variants go ahead and try it!
hello i hope ur doing great,first thank for all the great effort you make to keep our devices alive,
when i try to flash the zip via twrp on my S6 G920F after wiping data , cache .... i get that error message :
any solutions ?

TomTran1408

Aug 30, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S6
i have a question i have an S6 G920F ive installed the last version of this rom and i have noticed that the scrolling is laggy sometimes on the basic apps like facebook,instagram,youtube.... can this be fixed ?
Facebook is exceptionally smooth on my G920F. If you have lags, try set to set device performance to "Performance" mode in Settings.

Last edited:

Bleb_:D

Mar 23, 2023
Earlier in this thread, someone mentioned that there was a version of LineageOS 18 for the SM G920P, but provided no link to it, only stating that enesuzun made it. I haven't been able to find it after trying to search for it myself. This rom also doesn't to install on my G920P using TWRP 3.3.10. Can someone point me in the direction of finding a Lineage OS rom (preferably running Android 10 or newer) please?

I would try using a newer version of TWRP, but can't find one for my device.

grich99

Mar 21, 2023
Hello,

Am using SM-G920W8 (also known as zerofltecan), for lineage-18.1-20230309-UNOFFICIAL-zerofltexx.zip is non-functional for outgoing calls. Once I place a voice call I hear nothing (for any phone number dialed) through either speakers

I did the Dvalvik, System, cache wipes before install and factory reset with same issue

Is this the right place to report this bug?

Last edited:

Borstelchen

Feb 15, 2020
Dresden
Samsung Galaxy S4
Fairphone
Reactions: 99stem and fwiep

mahfuz_shihab

May 25, 2023
According to the XDA forum rules, I have to say goodbye here!
Please excuse any inconvenience!

For newer updated builds including OTA updates, see the new project:
[ROM][SM-G920/5F][11.0] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 18.1

Have a lot of fun!
There are two bugs that I found on my Samsung Galaxy S6 (model SM-G920F). Firstly, when I tap the Wi-Fi button from the notification panel, the phone automatically screen locks. This issue occurs specifically when I start my phone from shutdown, it happens only once after restarting the phone. Secondly, after plugging in a USB cable from my PC to my phone, and selecting the file transfer option from charging option, the phone gets auto restart by itself every single time.

Taurianese

Nov 29, 2023
Note: This is not a ROM based on the ROM shipped with your device.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working:
  • Telephony (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • NFC
  • Fingerprint
  • Camera
  • HWC
  • GPS

What's not working:
  • Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
  • IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.

Possible Problems:
  • Problem: Problems with modem like dropping/slow/slowly connecting data connections, missed calls/SMS
    Solution: Try to update your device's baseband/modem to the latest available version. If there are still problems, report this bug to the developers.

Instructions:
  • Flash your choice of custom recovery.
  • Download the latest build (and optionally gapps).
  • Reboot to recovery.
  • Wipe data and cache (required if you are coming from a different ROM or from lower android version).
  • Flash the latest build (and gapps).
  • Reboot.

Downloads:

Sources:

Reporting Bugs:

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg and /proc/sec_log_last_kernel (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Telegram Group:

Samsung Galaxy S6 LineageOS Development: Telegram Channel

Changelog
  • Fixed Wi-Fi Hotspot
  • Bring up old Power HAL
  • Fix up key disabler
  • DT2W support is back
  • R22P0 GPU Drivers
  • ZRAM

Download

Changelog
  • Fixed Wi-Fi Hotspot
  • Bring up old Power HAL
  • Fix up key disabler
  • DT2W support is back
  • R22P0 GPU Drivers
  • ZRAM

Download

Hi, enesuzun,
As my bank terminated the support of thei app for Android 7 on my Samsung Galaxy S6, enforcing users to buy a new phone it seemed a better option to search for a way to upgrade the Android version.
I succeeded to install your LineageOS 18.1 ROM using twrp-3.3.1-0-zeroflte.img.tar and added NikGapps-full-arm64-11-20210514-signed. My Galaxy S6 is working great. Thanks a lot, you did a great job
!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png
    Note: This is not a ROM based on the ROM shipped with your device.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working:
    • Telephony (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint
    • Camera
    • HWC
    • GPS

What's not working:
    • Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
    • IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.

Possible Problems:
    • Problem: Problems with modem like dropping/slow/slowly connecting data connections, missed calls/SMS
      Solution: Try to update your device's baseband/modem to the latest available version. If there are still problems, report this bug to the developers.

Instructions:
    • Flash your choice of custom recovery.
    • Download the latest build (and optionally gapps).
    • Reboot to recovery.
    • Wipe data and cache (required if you are coming from a different ROM or from lower android version).
    • Flash the latest build (and gapps).
    • Reboot.

Downloads:

Sources:

Reporting Bugs:

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg and /proc/sec_log_last_kernel (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Telegram Group:

Samsung Galaxy S6 LineageOS Development: Telegram Channel
    Thank you very much for all this info and your work. Starting from scratch with a roomservice.xml pointing to your repos, and the patch to Soong, the build succeeded without any errors, warnings or complaints.

As stated before, I don't even own an S6 device; the one I would be building for is more than 200 km from here. Baking the ROM was more a learning experience for me - especially the patch to Soong. If I do cross the S6 in the near future, I'll probably install it.

For now, this is my LineageOS 18.1 build containing the October-2022 patches, if anyone's interested and would like to test:
    lineage-18.1-20221023-UNOFFICIAL-zerofltexx.zip
    lineage-18.1-20221023-UNOFFICIAL-zerofltexx.zip.sha256sum
    lineage-18.1-20221023-UNOFFICIAL-zerofltexx.zip.sha256sum.asc

Update - updated with October 2022 security patches. Previous download(s) removed.

Update - Since the 2022-10-23 build, there is an OTA updater included in this ROM. It asks my download server for an updated build - just like in the official LineageOS. Don't forget to set it to check every month. It will download and install automatically; make sure you have a compatible recovery installed (preferably TWRP).

Possible bug(s) - Audio transfer via Bluetooth does not work? (see this post). Please test and report. Does this affect anyone else?

Thank you, see you next month.
    FWieP

Hello everyone ...

A few days ago I switched my entire LineageOS build tree to version 18.1.
    And I've also already created an updated build for the Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F (zeroltexx) using the sources mentioned above:
    << Deleted according to XDA forums rules... >>

I own such a device myself, and so I can test my builds.
    And this first attempt is working great!

I'm looking forward to your feedback.
    And I would like to create monthly updated LineageOS 18.1 builds for the Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F (zeroltexx).

Have a lot of fun!
    Borstelchen
    Changelog - 20220204
    • Fixed Bluetooth Audio (Calls untested).
    • Added support for zeroltexx (Untested).
    • Lineage Recovery will be released with rom now.
    • Updated LineageOS Sources.

Download link is on first post, zeroltexx build coming shortly to the same download link.
    As far as I know, the ROMs I build are for the G920F only. zerolte is the G925F. In the sources I use (by @fakemanoan) , the compatible devices are defined. I can add zerolte, but I don't know whether the build would actually run on your device.

@fakemanoan, could you shed some light on this?

Thanks and kind regards,
    FWieP
    Hi
    Currently I am redoing the device tree due to some issues I have found with it. The zerolte, aka G925, source is not updated unfortunately.

If you want to build it now, cloning the current zerofltexx tree and renaming all zerofltexx references to zeroltexx will produce working builds.

I am working on it right now, and if everything goes well, it should be updated within a week with some nice additions/fixes also.
    Thank you very much for all this info and your work. Starting from scratch with a roomservice.xml pointing to your repos, and the patch to Soong, the build succeeded without any errors, warnings or complaints.

As stated before, I don't even own an S6 device; the one I would be building for is more than 200 km from here. Baking the ROM was more a learning experience for me - especially the patch to Soong. If I do cross the S6 in the near future, I'll probably install it.

For now, this is my LineageOS 18.1 build, if anyone's interested and would like to test:
    - lineage-18.1-20230113-UNOFFICIAL-zerofltexx.zip
    - lineage-18.1-20230113-UNOFFICIAL-zerofltexx.zip.sha256sum
    - lineage-18.1-20230113-UNOFFICIAL-zerofltexx.zip.sha256sum.asc

Update - updated with January 2023 security patches. Previous download(s) removed.

Update - updated sources with several fixes by @fakemanoan , now located at github.com/samsungexynos7420/.

Update - Since the 2022-10-23 build, there is an OTA updater included in this ROM. It asks my download server for an updated build - just like in the official LineageOS. Don't forget to set it to check every month. It will download and install automatically; make sure you have a compatible recovery installed (preferably TWRP).

Possible bug(s) - Audio transfer via Bluetooth does not work? (see this post). Please test and report. Does this affect anyone else?

Thank you, see you next month.
    FWieP