[ROM][G920/5-F-I-S-K-L-T-W8][8.1.0] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

G A S T

• Apr 20, 2018
    Xiaomi Mi 4
    Samsung Galaxy S6
    It's great you are still working on this ROM I really hope you continue as your efforts are appreciated
    Just trying your latest effort LineageOS-8.1.0-zero-multitarget-2019-02-23_0029.zip
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1w9PQn8x0KAXmd1EqyolUyjKjU3NarTMZ

Many Thanks

I can only second that! :good:

@U99Dev (as "our" great Los 14.1 maintainer for the S6) and of course also @lukasb06 & @enesuzun2002:
    Could you please post just a short statement here or beneath my post there?
    It would be nice to learn something about your future plans. ;)

bothered

Jul 12, 2010
    I don't think it's necessary to hear about their plans. If they work on it cool...just let them..if not cool....I'd rather they use their free time doing things they actually want to do. If it's this..brilliant, but no need to waste time replying with pointless responses

G A S T

• Apr 20, 2018
    Xiaomi Mi 4
    Samsung Galaxy S6
    I don't think it's necessary to hear about their plans. If they work on it cool...just let them..if not cool....I'd rather they use their free time doing things they actually want to do. If it's this..brilliant, but no need to waste time replying with pointless responses

Of course it is "some kind of necessary" for people who do care about it and use the official LOS 14.1 ROM on their devices until now. The harmless question, if they work on it or if there are/aren't plans to work on it, must be allowed and doesn't force anybody to do anything in regards of further development. This is no ETA demand, it's just a simple and polite request for a response. If you don't care about the potential availability of official LOS 15.1/16 for the Galaxy S6 I'm totally OK with... But then don't waste your (and my) time with absolutely pointless, inappropriate comments like this. Otherwise I am the bothered one from both of us. :rolleyes:

enryfox

Nov 4, 2011
    Milan
    Does encryption work with this ROM ?
    I'm currently on 14.1 and encryption works, but in the past I had no luck enabling encryption on post Nougat ROM's

Last edited:

DriFtyZ

Oct 5, 2017
    Does encryption work with this ROM ?
    I'm currently on 14.1 and encryption works, but in the past I had no luck enabling encryption on post Nougat ROM's

Probavly not, i tried to enqble encryption on this rom but it made my /data partition corrupted as i wws charging the phone and had full battery on the process. Maybe it happened just to me, maybe it can be fixed woth a work around or maybe it doesn't work at all. I haven't really digged any further as i just reinstalled the rom and kept it without encryption. If you wanna give it a try, give it but i will highly advise you to take full twrp backup in case it goes wrong on you as well

Reactions: enryfox

enryfox

Nov 4, 2011
    Milan
    I have tried several rom's in the past few weeks and I honestly do not remember if I already tried this 15.1.
    So far I had encryption working only on LOS 14.1 official, all my other attempts resulted in a bootloop when the encryption process started.

I need encryption to install a token generator on the phone so running unencrypted is not an option for me :(

thanks

enryfox

Nov 4, 2011
    Milan
    With a sort of dirty flash it is possible to keep encryption from LOS 14.1, but then this ROM fails the SafetyNet Test and hence some security apps refuses to install or work as expected.

It is a pity, because it is otherwise a clean and bug free ROM.

Note sure if it will ever get fixed as work seems most concentrated on LOS 16.

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
    With a sort of dirty flash it is possible to keep encryption from LOS 14.1, but then this ROM fails the SafetyNet Test and hence some security apps refuses to install or work as expected.

It is a pity, because it is otherwise a clean and bug free ROM.

Note sure if it will ever get fixed as work seems most concentrated on LOS 16.

Try the LOS 15.1 ROM from here - https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...-lineageos-15-1-unofficial-galaxy-s6-t3909458

This isn't my ROM but I think is effectively the same as the one I build for S6 & S6 edge.
    I ended up building LineageOS 15.1 myself due to the issues you are describing. I build it without root, with the stock fingerprint in build.prop to workaround the SafetyNet CTS Profile check and using my own keys to pass the extra check that Sky Q does. All the apps that I use that don't usually work due to root or SafetyNet work fine - Google Pay, Netflix, Santander mobile banking and Sky Q (only in the UK obviously).

It looks more and more likely LineageOS 15.1 will go official for S6 & S6 edge based on the zero-common, zeroltexx & zerofltexx repo's on GitHub - https://github.com/LineageOS?utf8=✓&q=zero&type=&language= so you probably won't have to wait too long for an official build anyway.

Andy

schlombie

Dec 28, 2010
    Frankfurt
    Reactions: duttyend

quanium

Feb 6, 2011
    Nelson BC
    I have this rom installed on my W8 s6. Everything seems to work great...except for calls? no audio either way, speakerphone, normal or headset, (did not test BT) on the latest baseband i can find...?? G902W8VLU6DRF1 and the 2019 02 23 update off the stable folder... Did I do something wrong? I full wiped before install?

^^^ same bug as the t-mobile versions have, also happens to sasktel phones, it is fixed on viperos

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252F2okPze5.png

Note: This is not a ROM based on the ROM shipped with your device.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Features Overview:
      https://www.xda-developers.com/lineageos-15-feature-list-overview-screenshots-video/

Custom Features Overview:
      • Custom Kernel
      • Custom Power Hal by TeamNexus
      • Many More

What's working:
      • Telephony (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
      • WiFi
      • Bluetooth
      • NFC
      • GPS (Plain Device Mode Works)
      • Fingerprint
      • Camera (Needs Improvements)

What's not working:
      • Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
      • IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.

Instructions:
      • Make sure TWRP has been installed and functional.
      • Download the latest build (and optionally gapps).
      • Reboot to recovery
      • Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs)
      • Flash the latest build (and gapps)
      • Reboot

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs:

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
      • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
      • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Telegram Group:

Samsung Galaxy S6 LineageOS Development: https://t.me/joinchat/GhF7_U8IaarGQ2Y08NWilg

XDA:DevDB Information
      LineageOS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S6

Contributors
      enesuzun2002, lukasb06, u99dev, TeamNexus
      Source Code: https://github.com/enesuzun2002/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7420

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
      Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-05-27
      Last Updated 2018-12-21
      Changelog:

---------------
      2018-12-17
      ---------------
      • Synced LineageOS Sources
      • Enabled PowerSavingMode For Wi-Fi
      • New Hyper-Kernel with Linux 3.10.108
      • Updated PowerProfiles (More Battery Friendly and Smooth)
      • Improved GPS Stability credits @lukasb06
      • Fixed Ril Crash on Call Forwarding Settings

---------------
      2018-11-07
      ---------------

• Kernel is tweaked (smoother ui)
      • Fixed BT Calls credits @macs18max
      • Removed Chromium Browser (No browser)
      • Added F-Droid
      • Freefrom window management support is back
      • Fixed Dual-Sim Models (test and report please)
      • Many more check github or consider joining our telegram group and follow news

---------------
      2018-11-02
      ---------------

• Rebased Kernel on TN kernel source
      • Improvements in Audio Hal
      • Resolved issues with USB audio input and output devices
      • Fixed Annoying Live Display Bug Finally
      • Updated Proprietary Blobs (This Fixed Kernel Panics)
      • Enabled DT2W (on edge devices touchkeys may still work while screen is off, just disable DT2W)
      • Updated Ramdisk (Fixed some permission error of power hal)
      • Nexus cpu governor is set by power-saving and effiency profiles
      • Changed Jelly browser with Chromium
      • Dual speaker mod for media
      • Fixed dual sim models
      • Switched to A8-Oreo NFC HAL (it works much better than before)
      • System is booting much faster now
      • Many more check github or consider joining our telegram group and follow news

---------------
      2018-06-06
      ---------------

• Updated LineageOS Sources
      • Rebased Kernel on New EQL1 Source
      • Improvements in Audio Hal
      • Fixed Reading Mode (Credits @lukasb06)
      • CPUSETS Enabled Again (Credits @lukasb06)
      • HW-Composer is Fixed (Big Improvement in Battery Life and Performance-Credits @lukasb06)
      Can You put also S6 flat stock ROM build.propfingerprint code?
      Regards.

See here in the Official Lineage 14.1 thread - https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77273097&postcount=608

The last two updates have included the fingerprint:
      Code:
      samsung/zerofltexx/zeroflte:7.0/NRD90M/G920FXXU5EQG3:user/release-keys
      which allows Lineage 14.1 to pass the CTS profile check.

Andy
      First i'd like to thank you for your hard work and effort in improving LOS for the Galaxy S6,
      but please if you can update the changelog with each new release to know what updated in the ROM.
      Thanks anyway !

just join telegram group i write changelogs for each build there
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone