[ROM][G920/5-F-I-S-K-L-T-W8][8.1.0] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

stafra

Dec 6, 2018
SIM cards are recognized on Galaxy S6 (SM-G920F) only in about 50% of reboots. No LTE, only 3G (the sign "E" next to the signal indicator).
The phone turns off from time to time. Sometimes keeps up for few days, sometimes shuts off multiple times per day and needs few reboots to see both SIM cards.
Clean flash used when installed.

misiormaster

Sep 19, 2017
This is all I did:
Full wipe in TWRP
Install the latest unofficial unified S6/S6 Edge Lineage 15.1 ROM (4th September)
Install latest Stock 8.1 ARM64 GApps
Boot the phone to Android
Sign in with my Google account and let it finish setup (I said no to restoring my apps)
Modify the fingerprint in the build.prop file via TWRP
Install Google Pay and add my card to GPay that was already added to my Google account

It worked first time.

I have never had much luck with Magisk, even after following the various guides to the letter, however it is supposed to work around SafetyNet.

Andy

doesn`t work anymore :( any new idea?

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
doesn`t work anymore :( any new idea?

Still works for me - I paid in Aldi last night. S6 SM-G920F, Latest LOS 14.1, latest OpenGApps Super package. Modified build.prop fingerprint (included in Official zerofltexx LineageOS 14.1 now - although this 'fix' hasn't been added to S6 Edge SM-G925F Official Lineage 14.1 but editing the build.prop with a valid 7.0 string fixes this).

Cheers
Andy

Sorry - Just read what I wrote there... You are talking about unofficial LOS15.1.... If you have installed a newer version then check whether root is installed. Enes includes root in his unofficial builds based on his trees. You should be able to remove root using the .zip here - https://download.lineageos.org/extras

Last edited:

buddy1967

Apr 9, 2016
I use the rom on my g925f and it works perfectly for me! (music over bluetooth works, car-radio bluetooth will reboot the phone when a call comes in, but i never use it :) so everthing is fine... but @enesuzun2002: i saw you have an s6 edge plus (e.g. 928f like mine) do you plan an version for the s6 edge plus? i can't find any oreo rom for this phone that is working.... thanks a lot for your work!!!!!

enesuzun2002

Recognized Developer
I use the rom on my g925f and it works perfectly for me! (music over bluetooth works, car-radio bluetooth will reboot the phone when a call comes in, but i never use it :) so everthing is fine... but @enesuzun2002: i saw you have an s6 edge plus (e.g. 928f like mine) do you plan an version for the s6 edge plus? i can't find any oreo rom for this phone that is working.... thanks a lot for your work!!!!!

no i don't have any G928F

misiormaster

Sep 19, 2017
Hi, this is really good Rom. Smooth and nice ... but I don`t know why driving mode doesn`t work in google maps??? Is this only my device`s problem? Please help. On map I can see wright positon but when I hit "drive to...somewere" - the blue dot does not turn into a triangle and it`s useless :(. I tried all possible settings and nothing...

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Hi, this is really good Rom. Smooth and nice ... but I don`t know why driving mode doesn`t work in google maps??? Is this only my device`s problem? Please help. On map I can see wright positon but when I hit "drive to...somewere" - the blue dot does not turn into a triangle and it`s useless :(. I tried all possible settings and nothing...

SM-920F

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

SM-920F

Just tried on a S6 and a S6 Edge both running Lineage 15.1 and the driving mode where the blue arrow appears doesn't work on either. Bizarrely the S6 Edge has been wiped and it was the 1st time I have opened Google Maps on it. When I initially clicked 'Start driving' it flipped into the 3D map with the blue arrow for a couple of seconds before going back to the birds eye view and blue dot.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 T310 with unofficial lineage 14.1 and I have just tried it on here and its the same.

However I did a bit of a search and found this - https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/6us9f3/google_maps_now_shows_an_aerial_view_when_you/

Seems its a feature of Google maps...

Just been out in my car and I can confirm this is how it behaves - make sure 'Keep map north up' is NOT checked in the navigation settings as the map won't flip into 3D view - the blue arrow is displayed once its happy it knows the direction you are travelling, but it will display the birds eye 2D view. I also have an Android 8.0 head unit and the behaviour with Google Maps is the same with this.

Andy

Last edited:

L3ft_F13ld!

• Jan 10, 2019
    I have the G920L and want to try this ROM on my phone. Has anyone installed it on the G920L yet? Is there any specific bugs or problems to watch out for with this specific model?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G920L using Tapatalk

misiormaster

Sep 19, 2017
    Hi, at this moment i`m using [ Sep, 28 2018 ][ ROM ][rr6.2.0-mac7.4] Maniacx Ressurection Remix Unofficial OREO and maps driving mode works fine. I have also tried Your last build from 15.01.2019 and nothing chainge with maps :(. Can You fix this soon please? I really like Your ROM :).
    Regards

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
    Hi, at this moment i`m using [ Sep, 28 2018 ][ ROM ][rr6.2.0-mac7.4] Maniacx Ressurection Remix Unofficial OREO and maps driving mode works fine. I have also tried Your last build from 15.01.2019 and nothing chainge with maps :(. Can You fix this soon please? I really like Your ROM :).
    Regards

I answered this previously. There is nothing wrong - its a feature of Google Maps. The driving view only kicks in when Maps works out what direction you are travelling in. If it doesn't know then it shows the birds eye view with the blue dot. As soon as it works out that you are moving and the direction it flips into 3D with the blue arrow (make sure 'Keep map north up' is not checked in the Navigation settings or it won't flip into 3D mode).
    Older versions of Google Maps didn't behave like this. It seems to be a new(ish) feature.

DriFtyZ

Oct 5, 2017
    Hey i installed the rom on my g920f. The rom is very fast and beautiful but i have only one weird reason. Magisk is not fully compatible (Maybe a kernel incompatibility?) Magiskhide and root works perfect but every module that install it installs it with success but it does not load it at the startup and therefore i see no module apks on my drawer. Can you help me understand whats wrong? Thanks!

DriFtyZ

Oct 5, 2017
    Please help me !!
    He shows error 7...my device is g920f ..
    Is that mean my device is not supported ????
    Your device is definetely supported i use this exact rom as my daily driver on my sm-g920f. However your error 7 might be related to an outdated recovery version. Have tried installing the latest twrp from here? (https://dl.twrp.me/zeroflte/twrp-3.2.3-0-zeroflte.img.tar.html). Also before you flash the rom you need to wipe dalvik cache/data/system/cache (not the internal storage tho). If you have the latest twrp installed have you followed the installation instructions properly from the post?

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

By the way this rom is lacking the audio_submix file that is required for miracast to work. :(
    @enesuzun2002 can you give a look at this pleasee
    https://imgur.com/a/D38xA6l

Last edited:

arbuckle

Jun 17, 2009
    Really enjoying this ROM, but dual sim on G920F seems unstable

Hi,

Thanks for this great ROM. I first tried LineageOS 14.1 on my G920F dual sim Samsung Galaxy S6, but it wouldn't detect the sim cards. After installing this 15.1 ROM the dual sim works... mostly. I've had it installed for about 5 hours now, and rebooted the phone about four times. Of that, it wouldn't detect any sim card twice, it only detected one sim card one of the times, and the last reboot it detected both sim cards. So it seems a bit of lottery.

What can I do to help improve dual sim support? Would you like any logs?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252F2okPze5.png

Note: This is not a ROM based on the ROM shipped with your device.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Features Overview:
      https://www.xda-developers.com/lineageos-15-feature-list-overview-screenshots-video/

Custom Features Overview:
      • Custom Kernel
      • Custom Power Hal by TeamNexus
      • Many More

What's working:
      • Telephony (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
      • WiFi
      • Bluetooth
      • NFC
      • GPS (Plain Device Mode Works)
      • Fingerprint
      • Camera (Needs Improvements)

What's not working:
      • Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
      • IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.

Instructions:
      • Make sure TWRP has been installed and functional.
      • Download the latest build (and optionally gapps).
      • Reboot to recovery
      • Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs)
      • Flash the latest build (and gapps)
      • Reboot

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs:

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
      • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
      • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Telegram Group:

Samsung Galaxy S6 LineageOS Development: https://t.me/joinchat/GhF7_U8IaarGQ2Y08NWilg

XDA:DevDB Information
      LineageOS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S6

Contributors
      enesuzun2002, lukasb06, u99dev, TeamNexus
      Source Code: https://github.com/enesuzun2002/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7420

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
      Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-05-27
      Last Updated 2018-12-21
      Changelog:

---------------
      2018-12-17
      ---------------
      • Synced LineageOS Sources
      • Enabled PowerSavingMode For Wi-Fi
      • New Hyper-Kernel with Linux 3.10.108
      • Updated PowerProfiles (More Battery Friendly and Smooth)
      • Improved GPS Stability credits @lukasb06
      • Fixed Ril Crash on Call Forwarding Settings

---------------
      2018-11-07
      ---------------

• Kernel is tweaked (smoother ui)
      • Fixed BT Calls credits @macs18max
      • Removed Chromium Browser (No browser)
      • Added F-Droid
      • Freefrom window management support is back
      • Fixed Dual-Sim Models (test and report please)
      • Many more check github or consider joining our telegram group and follow news

---------------
      2018-11-02
      ---------------

• Rebased Kernel on TN kernel source
      • Improvements in Audio Hal
      • Resolved issues with USB audio input and output devices
      • Fixed Annoying Live Display Bug Finally
      • Updated Proprietary Blobs (This Fixed Kernel Panics)
      • Enabled DT2W (on edge devices touchkeys may still work while screen is off, just disable DT2W)
      • Updated Ramdisk (Fixed some permission error of power hal)
      • Nexus cpu governor is set by power-saving and effiency profiles
      • Changed Jelly browser with Chromium
      • Dual speaker mod for media
      • Fixed dual sim models
      • Switched to A8-Oreo NFC HAL (it works much better than before)
      • System is booting much faster now
      • Many more check github or consider joining our telegram group and follow news

---------------
      2018-06-06
      ---------------

• Updated LineageOS Sources
      • Rebased Kernel on New EQL1 Source
      • Improvements in Audio Hal
      • Fixed Reading Mode (Credits @lukasb06)
      • CPUSETS Enabled Again (Credits @lukasb06)
      • HW-Composer is Fixed (Big Improvement in Battery Life and Performance-Credits @lukasb06)
      Can You put also S6 flat stock ROM build.propfingerprint code?
      Regards.

See here in the Official Lineage 14.1 thread - https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77273097&postcount=608

The last two updates have included the fingerprint:
      Code:
      samsung/zerofltexx/zeroflte:7.0/NRD90M/G920FXXU5EQG3:user/release-keys
      which allows Lineage 14.1 to pass the CTS profile check.

Andy
      First i'd like to thank you for your hard work and effort in improving LOS for the Galaxy S6,
      but please if you can update the changelog with each new release to know what updated in the ROM.
      Thanks anyway !

just join telegram group i write changelogs for each build there