Note: This is not a ROM based on the ROM shipped with your device.
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
Custom Features Overview:
- Hyper - Kernel
- Custom Power Hal by TeamNexus
- Many More
- Telephony (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
- GPS (Plain Device Mode Works)
- Camera (Needs Improvements)
What's not working:
- Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
- IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.
- Make sure TWRP has been installed and functional.
- Download the latest build (and optionally gapps).
- Reboot to recovery
- Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs)
- Flash the latest build (and gapps)
- DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
Samsung Galaxy S6 LineageOS Development: https://t.me/joinchat/GhF7_U8IaarGQ2Y08NWilg
I do this in my free time and currently i work on this alone. If you want to support the project feel free to donate
LineageOS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S6
enesuzun2002, lukasb06, u99dev, TeamNexus
Source Code: https://github.com/Exynos7420
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Current Beta Version: 20181219
Beta Release Date: 2018-12-19
Last Updated 2020-04-18