- Aug 20, 2016
This is ViperOS
We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.
"This is a user friendly thread. All feature requests will be heard and considered. I am not against anything that doesn't stray too far away from the original idea of the ROM! Helping one another is also encouraged! Please be respectful and you will always be treated the same way, we are all here for a good experience."
We are a Brazilian team, ViperOS aims to bring stability and useful features. If you are looking for a stable ROM with true tested features, minimal bugs and no Lineage bloatwares, then this is the place to be.
Added OTA Services updater
Clock statusbar settings
VoLTE icon toggle
4G/LTE icon toggle
Rounded corner settings
QS for Reboot/Recovery
QS Screenshot full and partial
Style recents AOSP and QuickStep
Button clear and Membar for recents AOSP
Face auto unlock
Fingerprint authentication vibration
Battery info Charging
Ambient music ticker
theme QS style
Styles clock lockscreen
Buttons and navbar settings
LED battery Charging
LED notifications colors
Power Menu advanced
Many other customizations, install and take a look
- Telephony (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
- GPS (Plain Device Mode Works)
- Camera (Needs Improvements)
What's not Working?
- Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
- IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.
How to Install?
- Make sure TWRP has been installed and functional.
- Download the latest build (and optionally gapps).
- Reboot to recovery
- Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs)
- Flash the latest build (and gapps)
Credits & Thanks:
All ViperOS Team
And all other open source Devs/Teams I may have missed!
ViperOS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S6
enesuzun2002, lukasb06, TeamNexus
Source Code: https://github.com/enesuzun2002/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7420
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest Nougat Modem & BL
Based On: ViperOS
Stable Release Date: 2019-04-14
Last Updated 2019-09-06