[ROM][G920/5-F-I-S-K-L-T-W8][9.0] UNOFFICIAL ViperOS v6.7

Search This thread

bushladen

Apr 20, 2014
Paris
Hi, yes, calls works on this rom on my W8!!
Still have data dropping when sending MMS... But this time i juste have to refresh data one time to make it go or Come in!! Great! :D @enesuzun2002 Do you need a log for that?
I found thatthe behavior of the sending depend on the sms app... There is no in-build messaging app so i downloaded the google messaging app and pulse.
for exemple: With google messaging i have to enable and disable sevral time the data to make mms (just the mms!) go and come; with pulse, just once...
Hope i helped...

olanie

Jun 23, 2016
Aside the Marduk ROM(nougat), this ROM is by far the best Pie ROM on my g920t, I have been using this for few days now, and it has been great.

With little tweak here and there for specific concerns this is cool.

This Pie ROM can actually make calls audible at both ends!!!

Thumbs_up to the developer!!!

Last edited:

tillward

Oct 29, 2013
London
What are the major differences between this rom and the Unofficial LineageOS 16.0? Thanks in advance

From the first few days testing on Viper OS:

-Calls sound better.
-Device stays cooler.
-More Rom options. Colours, status bar etc.

How is the camera on this ROM? Is the call echo present? Thanks!

-Default camera works, but video crashes and 3rd party apps like Mobike can't focus.

Reactions: moosebreath

thebrazilian

Apr 18, 2019
Does this ROM pass Magisk SefetyNet check? I'm stuck failing ctsProfile. I already installed the MagiskHide Props Config, but no luck. Is it supposed to fail?

Last edited:

tillward

Oct 29, 2013
London
Does this ROM pass Magisk SefetyNet check? I'm stuck failing ctsProfile. I already installed the MagiskHide Props Config, but no luck. Is it supposed to fail?

It doesn't pass the cts profile as it's modified. Use Magisk Hide Props Config.

Used to run fine for me and pass cts afterwards, then it became a bit more complicated, so I suggest following the tutorial in the xda thread.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-magiskhide-props-config-t3789228

Reactions: thebrazilian

thebrazilian

Apr 18, 2019
It doesn't pass the cts profile as it's modified. Use Magisk Hide Props Config.

Used to run fine for me and pass cts afterwards, then it became a bit more complicated, so I suggest following the tutorial in the xda thread.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-magiskhide-props-config-t3789228

Definately doesn't look simple to me. After trying to spoof fingerprint (opening a terminal and selecting galaxy s6 fingerprint), I now got stuck in a start loop (white viper symbol just keeps moving its tongue).

tillward

Oct 29, 2013
London
Definately doesn't look simple to me. After trying to spoof fingerprint (opening a terminal and selecting galaxy s6 fingerprint), I now got stuck in a start loop (white viper symbol just keeps moving its tongue).

Exactly the same happened to me. I didn't bother reading all the extensive tutorials, so my fault. I will try again when I have more time.

didgeridoohan said:
Spoofing device fingerprint
Try changing your device's ro.build.fingerprint to a device's/ROM's that is known to pass SafetyNet. The Magisk module MagiskHide Props Config can do this. This can also be done with a boot script (don't forget to set the proper permissions for the script to execute) and the resetprop tool (also see "Sensitive props").

To change the device fingerprint with a boot script, add the following to a file you place in /data/adb/service.d (and don't forget to set the proper permissions for the script to execute):
#!/system/bin/sh
resetprop ro.build.fingerprint <fingerprint value>

If the device fingerprint is from an Android build after March 16 2018 you'll also have to match that build's Android Security Patch date (ro.build.version.security_patch). This is automatically done by MagiskHide Props Config, but otherwise you can go about it the same way as described above..

More info here:

https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/MagiskHidePropsConf#matching-the-android-security-patch-date

The security patch level for this rom is listed as 5 April 2019

Last edited:

thebrazilian

Apr 18, 2019

Didgeridoohan

Senior Moderator / Dev Committee / Dev Relations
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Creator of MagiskHide Props Config here...

If not passing the SafetyNet CTS profile check is only because of the ROM device fingerprint, the module can help with that. And it's not very complicated...
  1. Run the props command in a terminal emulator.
  2. Pick the "Edit device fingerprint" menu.
  3. Choose to pick a certified fingerprint.
  4. Pick the fingerprint of your choice.
  5. Reboot.
That's it... If it doesn't work there's something else going on, and if someone's experiencing issues please feel free to post Magisk and module logs in the support thread. I'm always happy to help if I can.

thebrazilian

Apr 18, 2019
Creator of MagiskHide Props Config here...

If not passing the SafetyNet CTS profile check is only because of the ROM device fingerprint, the module can help with that. And it's not very complicated...
  1. Run the props command in a terminal emulator.
  2. Pick the "Edit device fingerprint" menu.
  3. Choose to pick a certified fingerprint.
  4. Pick the fingerprint of your choice.
  5. Reboot.
That's it... If it doesn't work there's something else going on, and if someone's experiencing issues please feel free to post Magisk and module logs in the support thread. I'm always happy to help if I can.

I did just that (actually also enabled "improved hiding"), but for this specific ROM (also tried same procedure on Marduk Stock ROM for Galaxy S6), I get a permanent loading screen when I reboot. When I tried on Marduk's ROM, there was no permanent screen, but the test failed (since it was already failing basicintegrity, I think your program wouldn't be able to help anyway, as it was said on your page). Thank you for your creation, though!

green3water5

Aug 5, 2015
Shawinigan, Qc
Samsung Galaxy S6
Yep, another Pie OS with still the same problem as Lineage OS 16. The freakin' camera just does not want to work. When recording a video, the sound is WAY TOO low. When taking a picture, the flash does not syncronise so picture is always dark. Basically, the flash goes on and then the picture is taken once the flash is out. I also had some update issues at the beginning when initially configuring the phone right after connecting to my WiFi network. LineageOS 16 stopped having this weird issue of needing to go back and start config again. This ROM still has this customization annoyance asking you to change your wallpaper when you clearly said to never mind, it reminds you until you go into the options and ask it to stop notifying you. It also comes with what I consider somewhat a slow start screen with a Google Search bar when I did not request one, slow animations. I need to admit that the ViperOS options are a good thing but again, it denotes a third party installation in there which I disaprouve as I just want a clean OS with the simple basics and let ME do the third party installations.

I have aCanadian W8 phone, I consider this ROM equal to Lineage OS 16 as nothing has changed between both besides ViperOS additionnal features and wallpaper. I'm always opened for testing new Pie ROMS but for now, none of them are quite ready for serious use.

Good things: ROM installation is a breeze and goes through perfectly, that's about it for now. Oh! And it's compatible with W8 phones which I surely appreciate!!!

bushladen

Apr 20, 2014
Paris
I have aCanadian W8 phone, I consider this ROM equal to Lineage OS 16 as nothing has changed between both besides ViperOS additionnal features and wallpaper. I'm always opened for testing new Pie ROMS but for now, none of them are quite ready for serious use.

The main diiference is the fact that on viperOS calls works on W8.... ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    6hjdrBL.png

This is ViperOS

Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

"This is a user friendly thread. All feature requests will be heard and considered. I am not against anything that doesn't stray too far away from the original idea of the ROM! Helping one another is also encouraged! Please be respectful and you will always be treated the same way, we are all here for a good experience."

About:
    We are a Brazilian team, ViperOS aims to bring stability and useful features. If you are looking for a stable ROM with true tested features, minimal bugs and no Lineage bloatwares, then this is the place to be.

Features:

Added OTA Services updater

Statusbar
    QS settings
    Clock statusbar settings
    Battery style
    Carrier label
    Network traffic
    VoLTE icon toggle
    4G/LTE icon toggle
    Rounded corner settings
    QS for Reboot/Recovery
    QS Screenshot full and partial

Recents
    Style recents AOSP and QuickStep
    Button clear and Membar for recents AOSP

Lockscreen
    Face auto unlock
    Fingerprint authentication vibration
    WheaterClient
    Battery info Charging
    Ambient music ticker

System
    Color engine
    theme QS style
    Styles switch
    Styles clock lockscreen
    Buttons and navbar settings
    LED battery Charging
    LED notifications colors
    Power Menu advanced
    Fonts packages
    Pulse Navbar
    VPapers new

Many other customizations, install and take a look

What's Working?

• Telephony (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • NFC
    • GPS (Plain Device Mode Works)
    • Fingerprint
    • Camera (Needs Improvements)

What's not Working?

• Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
    • IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.
    • HWC

How to Install?

• Make sure TWRP has been installed and functional.
    • Download the latest build (and optionally gapps).
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs)
    • Flash the latest build (and gapps)
    • Reboot

Download:

GDrive: Download

GApps:
    OpenGapps: OpenGApps
    ViperGapps: ViperGApps

Credits & Thanks:

All ViperOS Team
    LineageOS team
    And all other open source Devs/Teams I may have missed!
    TeamNexus

Other links

XDA:DevDB Information
    ViperOS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S6

Contributors
    enesuzun2002, lukasb06, TeamNexus
    Source Code: https://github.com/enesuzun2002/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7420

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Nougat Modem & BL
    Based On: ViperOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2019-04-14

Created 2019-04-14
    Last Updated 2019-09-06
    TMobile Call-Audio Fixed
    Changelog:

-----------------------
    2019-04-14_2045
    -----------------------
    • Fixed Call-Audio For TMobile-Models

---------------
    2019-04-14
    ---------------
    • Initial Release
    Installation went smooth on my W8, however phone calls was the first issue I found, the call connects but sound doesn't work in either direction. Switching back to Ultimate Nougat

i need to modify audio hal. Thanks for reporting