[ROM][G920/5-F-I-S-K-L-T-W8][9.0] UNOFFICIAL ViperOS v6.7

Search This thread

selemus

Nov 12, 2009
Guatemala
When you open the camera, the App is restarted, I installed another appa and does the same, the video camera works for about a minute and the phone restarts
Please fix that problem

otsukaranz

Jun 30, 2013
Cebu City
I wanna post update about cttsProfile and i have successfully changed it to True.
I just installed the magisk module: SafetyPatch v3 (that you can download from magisk manager app).

However, after reboot i always get the message, 'There's an internal problem with your device".

Is there a posibilty that somewhere in viperOS was broken after passing the ctsProfile?

DqrKn3Zz

Recognized Developer
  • Aug 11, 2015
    Tuxtla Gutierrez
    changelog pls.
    Also, can it be install on top of the previous version or do we have to wipe clean first.

Changelog is allmost the same as latest LineageOS 16 build, he always says that a clean flash is the most recommended, but if you wanna to do a dirty one, don't forget to wipe dalvik/cache after doing it.

dariusa

Apr 5, 2012
    tested with g920f

only two major issues for me:

1. Revolut app isn't available on Google Play for install on g920f with Viper OS v6.7. LOS 16 has the same issue. Tried to downgrade to LOS 14.1 - it's ok, Revolut app is there.
    2. SIM toolkit isn't working. Can't sign with mobile signature. To verify it's not operator or hardware fault, I flashed newest available Samsung stock firmware. SIM toolking and mobile signature were working there.

these two issues persist with all 9.0 custom roms for g920f I have tested: LOS 16, RR v7.0, Viper OS v6.7. I believe it's inherited from LOS 16, some major software parts are missing or smth.
    In general I love LOS 16, ViperOS v6.7 also is ok. But I can't use them on daily basis, because I need Revolut and Mobile Signature.
    Can I expect it fixed in next build(s)?

DqrKn3Zz

Recognized Developer
  • Aug 11, 2015
    Tuxtla Gutierrez
    tested with g920f

only two major issues for me:

1. Revolut app isn't available on Google Play for install on g920f with Viper OS v6.7. LOS 16 has the same issue. Tried to downgrade to LOS 14.1 - it's ok, Revolut app is there.
    2. SIM toolkit isn't working. Can't sign with mobile signature. To verify it's not operator or hardware fault, I flashed newest available Samsung stock firmware. SIM toolking and mobile signature were working there.

these two issues persist with all 9.0 custom roms for g920f I have tested: LOS 16, RR v7.0, Viper OS v6.7. I believe it's inherited from LOS 16, some major software parts are missing or smth.
    In general I love LOS 16, ViperOS v6.7 also is ok. But I can't use them on daily basis, because I need Revolut and Mobile Signature.
    Can I expect it fixed in next build(s)?

No, just go back to any other rom that have them working or just use another options available.

xylene35

Jan 12, 2016
    New build is finally up!

i've used it for 2 hours then my touchscreen started to not respond, i hardly managed to get in recovery and flash some other rom. You need to take a look at that issue.
    My device is SM-920F(Q), I've almost tried every rom in this forum and never had a problem like that

dariusa

Apr 5, 2012
    No, just go back to any other rom that have them working or just use another options available.

do you know by any chance what is the cause of these issues? is it possible to fix? is it very difficult? btw, LOS 16 on much older Galaxy S4 Mini, doesn't have these issues. quite strange, isn't it?

g3nius85

Sep 26, 2016
    hello
    not working on the s6 edge 925F tried to install it several times but it always gives an error in the package...
    instructions:
    -download the ROM + Gapps
    -copy them to the internal storage of the s6 edge
    -install TWRP recovery last version
    -launch the recovery mode after restart
    -wipe data/cache
    -install the ROM zip package...!!! ( here it ends with the error )
    any thoughts?!

speedson

• Oct 10, 2016
    my own little microcosmos
    I wanna post update about cttsProfile and i have successfully changed it to True.
    I just installed the magisk module: SafetyPatch v3 (that you can download from magisk manager app).

However, after reboot i always get the message, 'There's an internal problem with your device".

Is there a posibilty that somewhere in viperOS was broken after passing the ctsProfile?

Hi...safety-patch doesnt work since 7.0 Nougat any more. If you install safety-patch you will get a error when ever you start your phone.

You need to delete safety patch from Phone and restart Phone. After this the cts-Profile will turn into red and doesnt pass the test.

To get the cts-Profile test pass you need to modify the fingerprint with app like Kernel Aduitor. You need Fringerprint that match to the security patch!

Didgeridoohan

Senior Moderator / Developer Relations
    Staff member
    May 31, 2012
    Gothenburg
    Google Nexus 4
    Nexus 6
    Hi...safety-patch doesnt work since 7.0 Nougat any more. If you install safety-patch you will get a error when ever you start your phone.

It works, you'll just get the error message about something being wrong with your device. It's perfectly harmless and is caused by the vendor fingerprint (or any other partition specific print) not matching the regular build fingerprint. And this is in turn caused by Safetypatch only altering the build and bootimage props.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      6hjdrBL.png

This is ViperOS

Disclaimer:
      We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

"This is a user friendly thread. All feature requests will be heard and considered. I am not against anything that doesn't stray too far away from the original idea of the ROM! Helping one another is also encouraged! Please be respectful and you will always be treated the same way, we are all here for a good experience."

About:
      We are a Brazilian team, ViperOS aims to bring stability and useful features. If you are looking for a stable ROM with true tested features, minimal bugs and no Lineage bloatwares, then this is the place to be.

Features:

Added OTA Services updater

Statusbar
      QS settings
      Clock statusbar settings
      Battery style
      Carrier label
      Network traffic
      VoLTE icon toggle
      4G/LTE icon toggle
      Rounded corner settings
      QS for Reboot/Recovery
      QS Screenshot full and partial

Recents
      Style recents AOSP and QuickStep
      Button clear and Membar for recents AOSP

Lockscreen
      Face auto unlock
      Fingerprint authentication vibration
      WheaterClient
      Battery info Charging
      Ambient music ticker

System
      Color engine
      theme QS style
      Styles switch
      Styles clock lockscreen
      Buttons and navbar settings
      LED battery Charging
      LED notifications colors
      Power Menu advanced
      Fonts packages
      Pulse Navbar
      VPapers new

Many other customizations, install and take a look

What's Working?

• Telephony (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
      • WiFi
      • Bluetooth
      • NFC
      • GPS (Plain Device Mode Works)
      • Fingerprint
      • Camera (Needs Improvements)

What's not Working?

• Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
      • IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.
      • HWC

How to Install?

• Make sure TWRP has been installed and functional.
      • Download the latest build (and optionally gapps).
      • Reboot to recovery
      • Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs)
      • Flash the latest build (and gapps)
      • Reboot

Download:

GDrive: Download

GApps:
      OpenGapps: OpenGApps
      ViperGapps: ViperGApps

Credits & Thanks:

All ViperOS Team
      LineageOS team
      And all other open source Devs/Teams I may have missed!
      TeamNexus

Other links

XDA:DevDB Information
      ViperOS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S6

Contributors
      enesuzun2002, lukasb06, TeamNexus
      Source Code: https://github.com/enesuzun2002/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7420

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
      ROM Firmware Required: Latest Nougat Modem & BL
      Based On: ViperOS

Version Information
      Stable Release Date: 2019-04-14

Created 2019-04-14
      Last Updated 2019-09-06
      TMobile Call-Audio Fixed
      Changelog:

-----------------------
      2019-04-14_2045
      -----------------------
      • Fixed Call-Audio For TMobile-Models

---------------
      2019-04-14
      ---------------
      • Initial Release
      Installation went smooth on my W8, however phone calls was the first issue I found, the call connects but sound doesn't work in either direction. Switching back to Ultimate Nougat

i need to modify audio hal. Thanks for reporting
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone