Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
Welcome to the SYNDICATE!

Extreme Syndicate w/Alliance Framework!

Warning: This ROM is STILL not for the faint of heart! A lot of items have been removed (almost everything.) I have a link posted below to the DRIVE folder with almost every apk removed so you can manually push back what you choose! If you do not know how to push files and set permissions, then look it up or ask in this thread and surely someone can help you!

WARNING 2: This ROM is originally developed on the Edge version of the S6 for Verizon. The ROM should work EXACTLY the same on VZW S6 (straight) as it does on the edge minus the edge features. Edge People should still work however on both devices... With that being said, the build.prop and other information will read the device as being a G925V.. You can manually change this cosmetically or just leave it be since it will not hurt anything!

***Keep in mind, this ROM IS THE LIGHTEST TW ROM based on what it has! If you want the lightest build, flash Extreme Syndicate v5 that comes in at a whopping 481mb in size! This is LIGHTER than any other TW ROM available for the s6 or s6e on ANY variant!***

ROM Features:
-EXTREMELY Debloated
-Based on OE2 Firmware
-Memory leak fix
-Smart Manager
-Rooted + Busybox
-Zipaligned
-V4A
-Deodexed
-ALLIANCE FRAMEWORK V1.1 (note: Anything not working in the Alliance Framework v1.1 will be present with this ROM. Whenever I can port framework v1.2 then I will update the ROM but currently it will not work as it stands and will cause bootloop if you flash v1.2 framework over this ROM or any G925V ROM without any port modifications done.)

Shout Outs:
- Of course you MUST thank @Goldie and @txr33 over in the G925F forums for their awesome work on the Alliance Framework. Without them and their work we would not have alliance settings on EXTREME SYNDICATE or any other ROM for that matter.. I highly suggest you go over there and at least thank them if you have not already!

Original Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6-edge/development/framework-alliance-framework-one-stop-t3126638

You can also go to their thread to see what features Alliance Framework v1.1 contains and what known bugs were in v1.1. Please read and search that thread before asking questions or saying something is wrong. Also, since this is a ported version to our device, do not post bugs in their thread, Post Them HERE! It would most likely be an issue with the port. I have had users on v6 testing extensively and have little to no issues reported so far!

ALSO, thank @Trailblazer101 . If it wasn't for him modifying the original Framework v1.1 framework files, we would not have the framework at all! It is with his original modifications that we were able to build upon and provide this to you all. Check out some of his MANY threads and thank him when you see him!

@Trailblazer101, since this technically was ported by you (specifically the "framework" files, I will remove links upon your request. I have not heard anything from you and have waited patiently a week+ for you to post it yourself.) I have obtained permissions from @Goldie and team, and figured it would be OK for me to release it so long as I give credits to everyone involved!

More Shout Outs:
-Chainfire! (SuperSU + Flashfire)
-Rest of Alliance Team
-Idler (Ping Pong Root)
-V4A Team
-Scrosler (Original Update Script)

Install Instructions:
Alread on OE2:
1) Download ROM
2) Open Flashfire and press the + sign then select WIPE
3) Press the + sign again and select Flash ZIP then select the ROM
4) Reorder the WIPE so it is on TOP
5) Press FLASH

Coming From OC3:
1) Download ROM to Phone
2) Download OE2 FLASH ME tar from @trailblazer101 to PC
3) Open Flashfire and press the + sign then select WIPE
4) Press the + sign again and seelct Flash ZIP then select the ROM
5) Reorder the WIPE so it is on TOP
6) Select the Reboot Option and select DOWNLOAD
7) Press Flash
8) Once done and phone boots straight to download mode, Open ODIN on PC and select the AP slot and navigate to the FLASH Me tar you got from @trailblazer101's thread and press start (of course have your phone plugged in.)
9) This should be it! Once phone reboots you should be GOLDEN!

Alternate Coming From OC3:
1) Use Samsung Smart Switch or if coming from stock unrooted OC3, to update to full stock OE2.
2) Download and root phone using Ping Pong
3) Download and install Flashfire (you might need to install Busybox as well)
4) Open Flashfire and follow steps from the "Already on OE2" instructions listed above

Make sure when you first use Alliance themes that you choose "Create Theme" so the necessary file structure can be created and then you can use one of the amazing pre-installed themes from the Alliance Team!

Download:

DEODEX Downloads + Changelogs will be in Post #2

LINK TO DRIVE FOLDER WITH REMOVED APPLICATIONS/INSTRUCTIONS TEXT

If you like my work or anyone elses work involved then PLEASE at least hit the THANKS button!

I am sure D******* links are in everyones sigs as well if you feel like getting some of us drunk! haha (DONATIONS ARE NOT REQUIRED)

(MODS please PM me if this sentence or any of this post is in ANY violation of XDA Rules lol)

XDA:DevDB Information
(G920V) Extreme Syndicate, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6

Contributors
elliwigy
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: G920VVRU1AOE2
Based On: Stock Touchwiz

Version Information
Current Stable Version: Extreme Syndicate v8
Stable Release Date: 2015-07-15

Created 2015-07-16
Last Updated 2015-07-15

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
DEODEX ROM Downloads + Changelogs:

**The ROM can take 5+ minutes on it's first boot.. This is normal!**

Extreme Syndicate v8 ~791mb
MD5: ce74ad3935ec1d09f9834214237849e5

Changelog for v8 (I will include everything in this changelog so you don't have to go to my other thread to see what is in the ROM):
-Extremely Debloated (I linked a DRIVE folder with removed apks as well as others you can get from the Play Store. In v8 I really held back on debloating but this does not have any negative impacts and all essential functions/files are there!)
-V4A
-SmartManager
-Removed Boot Sound
-Custom Boot Animation
-Memory Leak Fix
-Removed CD Installer (Partial)
-Removed Loud Volume Warning
-Removed Persistent Wifi Notification
-Knox completely removed
-Alliance Framework v1.1 (Can't leave this out...)
*I am sure there is more that I am missing...

Last edited:

ra9b

Dec 17, 2011
Atlanta
Nice ROM! I'm loving the customization through alliance framework. Just one problem, I keep getting a notification saying that an unauthorized action has taken place and that I ahold reboot. Is this because Knox was removed? Is it possible to make this notification disappear for good?

Edit:
57c7869ae956618a1239e42ae0aa933c.jpg
72ee8b03ae87d9b363380b7977e6ca5f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice ROM! I'm loving the customization through alliance framework. Just one problem, I keep getting a notification saying that an unauthorized action has taken place and that I ahold reboot. Is this because Knox was removed? Is it possible to make this notification disappear for good?

Edit:
57c7869ae956618a1239e42ae0aa933c.jpg
72ee8b03ae87d9b363380b7977e6ca5f.jpg

Getting the same, it's part of smart manager. I have been trying to figure out a way to get rid of it also.

Reactions: ra9b

JaeKay

Feb 27, 2013
Getting the same, it's part of smart manager. I have been trying to figure out a way to get rid of it also.

Since smart manager is just an app that has nothing connected to the system, I'd say uninstall it using titanium backup

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

Also can anyone confirm that I can change the status bar icons to match stock lollipop's? That might get me to flash this rom :D

Reactions: xxhazrxx

Aaron Walker

Jul 16, 2015
San Diego
Beautiful ROM! However, I get a notification that my SIM card is not from Verizon Wireless, thus I have no service.

---------- Post added at 04:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 AM ----------

Beautiful ROM! However, I get a notification that my SIM card is not from Verizon Wireless, thus I have no service.
I did a fresh install and it is fixed now! I am unsure what went wrong on the first install. Thanks anyways.

G

GuestK00143

Since smart manager is just an app that has nothing connected to the system, I'd say uninstall it using titanium backup

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

Also can anyone confirm that I can change the status bar icons to match stock lollipop's? That might get me to flash this rom :D

Delete the SecurityLogAgent folder in system/app or freeze the apk with TB. I would delete the folder.

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Delete the SecurityLogAgent folder in system/app or freeze the apk with TB. I would delete the folder.

ahh.. i missed some files.. at least i can clean it up a bit for the next build!

Sent from my SM-G925V using XDA Free mobile app

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
I don't think they are working ... I installed a few but only the keyboard got theme

@elliwigy
BTW nice rom it's working stable for me ...

if theyre not in data/alliance copy the theme zips there and try again.. also if theyre there but not all theming you need to check the boxes to link them to the main theme and enable drop down theming etc. it all works you just have to play with the alliance settings a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the SYNDICATE!

Extreme Syndicate w/Alliance Framework!

Warning: This ROM is STILL not for the faint of heart! A lot of items have been removed (almost everything.) I have a link posted below to the DRIVE folder with almost every apk removed so you can manually push back what you choose! If you do not know how to push files and set permissions, then look it up or ask in this thread and surely someone can help you!

WARNING 2: This ROM is originally developed on the Edge version of the S6 for Verizon. The ROM should work EXACTLY the same on VZW S6 (straight) as it does on the edge minus the edge features. Edge People should still work however on both devices... With that being said, the build.prop and other information will read the device as being a G925V.. You can manually change this cosmetically or just leave it be since it will not hurt anything!

***Keep in mind, this ROM IS THE LIGHTEST TW ROM based on what it has! If you want the lightest build, flash Extreme Syndicate v5 that comes in at a whopping 481mb in size! This is LIGHTER than any other TW ROM available for the s6 or s6e on ANY variant!***

ROM Features:
    -EXTREMELY Debloated
    -Based on OE2 Firmware
    -Memory leak fix
    -Smart Manager
    -Rooted + Busybox
    -Zipaligned
    -V4A
    -Deodexed
    -ALLIANCE FRAMEWORK V1.1 (note: Anything not working in the Alliance Framework v1.1 will be present with this ROM. Whenever I can port framework v1.2 then I will update the ROM but currently it will not work as it stands and will cause bootloop if you flash v1.2 framework over this ROM or any G925V ROM without any port modifications done.)

Shout Outs:
    - Of course you MUST thank @Goldie and @txr33 over in the G925F forums for their awesome work on the Alliance Framework. Without them and their work we would not have alliance settings on EXTREME SYNDICATE or any other ROM for that matter.. I highly suggest you go over there and at least thank them if you have not already!

Original Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6-edge/development/framework-alliance-framework-one-stop-t3126638

You can also go to their thread to see what features Alliance Framework v1.1 contains and what known bugs were in v1.1. Please read and search that thread before asking questions or saying something is wrong. Also, since this is a ported version to our device, do not post bugs in their thread, Post Them HERE! It would most likely be an issue with the port. I have had users on v6 testing extensively and have little to no issues reported so far!

ALSO, thank @Trailblazer101 . If it wasn't for him modifying the original Framework v1.1 framework files, we would not have the framework at all! It is with his original modifications that we were able to build upon and provide this to you all. Check out some of his MANY threads and thank him when you see him!

@Trailblazer101, since this technically was ported by you (specifically the "framework" files, I will remove links upon your request. I have not heard anything from you and have waited patiently a week+ for you to post it yourself.) I have obtained permissions from @Goldie and team, and figured it would be OK for me to release it so long as I give credits to everyone involved!

More Shout Outs:
    -Chainfire! (SuperSU + Flashfire)
    -Rest of Alliance Team
    -Idler (Ping Pong Root)
    -V4A Team
    -Scrosler (Original Update Script)

Install Instructions:
    Alread on OE2:
    1) Download ROM
    2) Open Flashfire and press the + sign then select WIPE
    3) Press the + sign again and select Flash ZIP then select the ROM
    4) Reorder the WIPE so it is on TOP
    5) Press FLASH

Coming From OC3:
    1) Download ROM to Phone
    2) Download OE2 FLASH ME tar from @trailblazer101 to PC
    3) Open Flashfire and press the + sign then select WIPE
    4) Press the + sign again and seelct Flash ZIP then select the ROM
    5) Reorder the WIPE so it is on TOP
    6) Select the Reboot Option and select DOWNLOAD
    7) Press Flash
    8) Once done and phone boots straight to download mode, Open ODIN on PC and select the AP slot and navigate to the FLASH Me tar you got from @trailblazer101's thread and press start (of course have your phone plugged in.)
    9) This should be it! Once phone reboots you should be GOLDEN!

Alternate Coming From OC3:
    1) Use Samsung Smart Switch or if coming from stock unrooted OC3, to update to full stock OE2.
    2) Download and root phone using Ping Pong
    3) Download and install Flashfire (you might need to install Busybox as well)
    4) Open Flashfire and follow steps from the "Already on OE2" instructions listed above

Make sure when you first use Alliance themes that you choose "Create Theme" so the necessary file structure can be created and then you can use one of the amazing pre-installed themes from the Alliance Team!

Download:

DEODEX Downloads + Changelogs will be in Post #2

LINK TO DRIVE FOLDER WITH REMOVED APPLICATIONS/INSTRUCTIONS TEXT

If you like my work or anyone elses work involved then PLEASE at least hit the THANKS button!

I am sure D******* links are in everyones sigs as well if you feel like getting some of us drunk! haha (DONATIONS ARE NOT REQUIRED)

(MODS please PM me if this sentence or any of this post is in ANY violation of XDA Rules lol)

XDA:DevDB Information
    (G920V) Extreme Syndicate, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6

Contributors
    elliwigy
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: G920VVRU1AOE2
    Based On: Stock Touchwiz

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Extreme Syndicate v8
    Stable Release Date: 2015-07-15

Created 2015-07-16
    Last Updated 2015-07-15
    DEODEX ROM Downloads + Changelogs:

**The ROM can take 5+ minutes on it's first boot.. This is normal!**

Extreme Syndicate v8 ~791mb
    MD5: ce74ad3935ec1d09f9834214237849e5

Changelog for v8 (I will include everything in this changelog so you don't have to go to my other thread to see what is in the ROM):
    -Extremely Debloated (I linked a DRIVE folder with removed apks as well as others you can get from the Play Store. In v8 I really held back on debloating but this does not have any negative impacts and all essential functions/files are there!)
    -V4A
    -SmartManager
    -Removed Boot Sound
    -Custom Boot Animation
    -Memory Leak Fix
    -Removed CD Installer (Partial)
    -Removed Loud Volume Warning
    -Removed Persistent Wifi Notification
    -Knox completely removed
    -Alliance Framework v1.1 (Can't leave this out...)
    *I am sure there is more that I am missing...
    well, unfortunately im going to be taking a break from making anything folks..

my laptop officially took a crap on me..

im certain its the battery as i noticed the other day it started to drop in battery when it was plugged in where it would typically be 100% and it went to 0% and died.. it did have a red X on the battery for the last month and now is officially dead..

Extreme Syndicate
    my laptop is down.. most likely will not patch stagefright exploit since it most likely will be in a later firmware update unless its rooted i will not update the firmware

Extreme Syndicate L

Wish a speddy recovery to your laptop sir. So you can continue to develope..

ahh.. i missed some files.. at least i can clean it up a bit for the next build!