[ROM][G92x-F-I][UNOFFICIAL]DotOS v2.5 [8.1.0]

Search This thread

Shockwavemk2

Dec 21, 2015
I don't know if it's just me but after a few minutes of using the phone G925F (S6 Edge), somehow the power button does not seem to work? When I press it the phone doesn't go to sleep but instead opens up the reboot menu which is really weird and the only way to make the phone sleep is by double tapping on the screen. The same thing when opening the phone I can't use the power button still have to double tap on the screen. It's probably a bug but it maybe because I installed GApps from Opengapps instead of the provided GApps? Anyone with technical expertise pls help :)

And like the user on top said, overheating when charging is real

LisardSquad

Feb 18, 2015
I don't know if it's just me but after a few minutes of using the phone G925F (S6 Edge), somehow the power button does not seem to work? When I press it the phone doesn't go to sleep but instead opens up the reboot menu which is really weird and the only way to make the phone sleep is by double tapping on the screen. The same thing when opening the phone I can't use the power button still have to double tap on the screen. It's probably a bug but it maybe because I installed GApps from Opengapps instead of the provided GApps? Anyone with technical expertise pls help :)

And like the user on top said, overheating when charging is real

Well in the instructions was clearly said that you have to flash the given Gapps to avoid bootloops and problems. The Power button issue is maybe a bug due the Gapps or a completely new one. Try reinstalling the ROM with the given Gapps in the post and tell us if the problem ist solved. For example for me this problem doesn't exist.

Shockwavemk2

Dec 21, 2015
Well in the instructions was clearly said that you have to flash the given Gapps to avoid bootloops and problems. The Power button issue is maybe a bug due the Gapps or a completely new one. Try reinstalling the ROM with the given Gapps in the post and tell us if the problem ist solved. For example for me this problem doesn't exist.

Well I will try when I have the time because I've switched back to my other ROM since this one was really bugging out. I'll report back once I feel that I'm ready to use this ROM again:D

vlouis

Dec 2, 2017
I have installed

dotOS-O-v2.5-zerofltexx-UNOFFICIAL-20180910.zip

and as soon as I select a WiFi connection, the device reboots.

I think you have marshmallow bootloader/modem (from the last official samsung rom), and this rom (and all others using public S6 device tree - source code from github) have this issue. Check your modem version (after installing a working rom like this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...ressurection-remix-unofficial-nougat-t3548327), my modem vers. is: G920FXXU6ERF6 and I have same problem. Another user with modem version G920FXXU5EQHC installed without problem.

ShadowyStorm

Sep 29, 2013
works great on g925t running on metro pcs(flashed XAA CSC). Had to set up apn and bearer manually but got lte data working great. Shame this rom doesnt have VoLTE/Samsung account and cloud apps. Would be the DD rom. Flashed latest arm64 oreo open gapps nano with out a single hitch. Great work.

Last edited:

hamishhhhs

Dec 15, 2018
works great on g925t running on metro pcs(flashed XAA CSC). Had to set up apn and bearer manually but got lte data working great. Shame this rom doesnt have VoLTE/Samsung account and cloud apps. Would be the DD rom. Flashed latest arm64 oreo open gapps nano with out a single hitch. Great work.

can you please upload the special gapps and rom somewhere and send me alink? the download site has been down for weeks for me i really wanna use this rom
thanks

UditKarode

Sep 15, 2018
I'm sorry for the server going down and the lack of updates. I have a major examination coming up and am running out of time for hobbies :( I didn't expect my AWS account to be suspended and had no backup of the ROM. I managed to find the ROM for S6 Flat (zeroFltexx), which you can find here: zero-project server (ROM ZIP - zeroFltexx)
Here is a mirror for the ROM zip: Firebase Mirror (ROM ZIP - zeroFltexx)

Here is the recommended gapps package: zero-project server (GAPPS ZIP)
Here is a mirror for the recommended gapps package: Firebase Mirror (GAPPS ZIP)

Last edited:

Ajm1n

Jun 14, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Issues I found vs expectations i had

Hi!

First of all i want to say that @UditKarode did great job! :good:

The rom runs smooth and reactions on taps are really instant! Its probably the best looking,easy editable and fast rom i ever had!

But I had some expectations and when i tried to reach them i've turned really sad :crying:

- I really love DolbyAtmos mod since i install custom roms on my SGS6, its really noticable when i play music in my car, the improvment you get from that mod is HUGE! I tried to attach dolby to that rom and after few hours of searching and installing zips i couldnt find the solution to have dolby on DotOS (tried recovery install and magisk module install). Maybe some of you know how to do it? Let me know please! (This is the version i tried to install and i researched that there is newer version here which i also tried: DOLBY ATMOS AXON 7 OREO (OREO ONLY))

- Another thing is that I tried to combine DotOS and Quantum Kernel from that link (XDA Quantum Kernel link). I flashed it via recovery which is TWRP 3.2.3-0. The result i got was black screen (device turned off i guess) after picking Reboot to system in recovery when i finished installing that kernel. I could just see first boot screen that says "Samsung Galaxy S6" with red kernel info in top left corner, next when device should load OS it just gave me a black screen and no reactions for anything. Well I like the kernel that autor gives me, but i wanted to modify and test that rom a little bit and it seems to be uncompatible with each other [Quantum Kernel is also 3.10.x (it is 3.10.106 actually)] (DotOS x Quantum Kernel V2).

Of course its possible that i've done something wrong, because im not an expert, but if anybody faced the same problems (especially with Dolby!!) please send me some solutions if you found any!

Last edited:

vlouis

Dec 2, 2017
- I really love DolbyAtmos mod since i install custom roms on my SGS6, its really noticable when i play music in my car, the improvment you get from that mod is HUGE!...
Why don't try another way to improve the sound quality. After a quick google search I found these: ViPER4Android, AudioFX, Music Volume EQ...

- Another thing is that I tried to combine DotOS and Quantum Kernel from that link (XDA Quantum Kernel link)...
This kernel I think is for TW (Samsung ported) roms only. The DotOS rom is AOSP (Lineage) based rom. If you really want to try with another kernel, search for kernels for aosp/lineage roms.
Backup of working rom can be very useful sometimes... :D

Reactions: Ajm1n

Ajm1n

Jun 14, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Why don't try another way to improve the sound quality. After a quick google search I found these: ViPER4Android, AudioFX, Music Volume EQ...

This kernel I think is for TW (Samsung ported) roms only. The DotOS rom is AOSP (Lineage) based rom. If you really want to try with another kernel, search for kernels for aosp/lineage roms.
Backup of working rom can be very useful sometimes... :D

Well thanks a lot mate :laugh:
In the meantime i found solution for dobly in DotOS. The point is you need to doublereboot after flashing it :D

Now i get it why there was "[TW]" in the thread subjects #noob but i didnt knew the meaning of it lol.

But i found another huge disadvantage for me, bluetooth calling is imposiible, no sound + no my voice send, dead silence. But BT device recognizes the call, because after i end call it gives voice notification "call terminated"...

Anyone know how 2 fix bluetooth calling? *super important to me*

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dotos_blue.png

" #DroidOnTime "

ROM Version: 2.5
    Device: zerofltexx, zeroltexx
    Build Status: Unofficial

Disclaimer.png

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. 
     * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

About.png

dotOS is an Android Rom which focuses on performance and stability. We focus on making our rom look and feel great without struggling on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of his/her device.....

Instructions.png

CLEAN FLASH INSTRUCTIONS (FOLLOW TO AVOID BOOTLOOPS) :
    Download the latest build
    Reboot to recovery
    Make NAndroid backup (Not Necessary, but recommended)
    Wipe System, Data, Cache , Dalvik
    Flash only the ROM and boot into system (otherwise it does random reboots and never gets past the device setup screen)
    After boot is successful, reboot to recovery and flash this gapps package: OpenGapps(arm64, 8.1, nano, 20180825).zip
    and boot to system.

If Google Play Services crashes, download and install the apk file of Google Play Services, preferably this:
    Google Play services 12.8.80 (090400-209656296) (090400) (APKMirror)

DIRTY FLASH :
    Download the latest build
    Reboot to recovery
    Flash the latest build
    Wipe Cache
    Reboot

Note : GApps only has to be flashed once whereas Magisk/Su is to be flashed every time you Dirty Flash the OTA Update.

Downloads.png

DotOS for zerofltexx/zeroltexx DOWNLOAD

Note : USE ONLY PROVIDED GAPPS PACKAGE, CRASHES HAVE BEEN REPORTED ON USING OTHER GAPPS​

Features.png

Code:
    [LIST]
    [U][B]STATUSBAR:[/B][/U]
    [*]Battery Icon Style
    [*]Clock and Date
    [*]Statusbar icons
    [*]Traffic indicators
    [*]Brightness Control
    [*]Show data disabled icon
    [*]Roaming Indicator
    [*]Battery Bar Customisation
    [*]Misc

[U][B]Navigation Bar:[/B][/U]
    [*]Navbar modes(Stock, Smartbar, Fling)
    [*]Smartbar tweaks
    [*]Navbar Pulse
    [*]Fling mode gestures
    [*]All DUI nav tweaks

[U][B]QUICK SETTINGS:[/B][/U]
    [*]Brightness slider toggle
    [*]Titles visibility
    [*]Tiles track accent color toogle
    [*]Quick pulldown
    [*]Smart pulldown
    [*]Rows and columns tweaks

[U][B]RECENTS:[/B][/U]
    [*]Memory bar
    [*]Immersive recents
    [*]Clear all fab
    [*]Clear all fab location

[U][B]LOCKSCREEN:[/B][/U]
    [*]Double-tap to sleep
    [*]Lockscreen Tuner
    [*]Charging info
    [*]Media cover art toggle
    [*] Lockscreen Visualizer
    [*] New Set Lockscreen Clocks
    [*]Face auto unlock
    [*]Fingerprint Authentication Vibration
    [*]Lockscreen Tuner
    [*]hide Clock and date widget
    [*]Hide status bar items

[U][B]BUTTONS:[/B][/U]
    [*]Powermenu tweaks
    [*]H/W keys customisation
    [*]Volume button tweaks

[U][B]MISC:[/B][/U]
    [*]Launch music app on headset connection
    [*]Battery light charging customisations
    [*]App Ops

[U][B]DotUICenter:[/B][/U]
    [*]Accent Color Manager
    [*]Qs panel Customisation
    [*]Misc features
    [/LIST]
    Credits.png

DotOSteam
    AOSP
    JDC Team
    Aosp Extended
    Dirty Unicorns
    And all other open source Devs/Teams.
    Team.png

Mohan CM - Founder/Core Developer
    Sam Grande - UI Developer/Project Co-ordinator
    Iacob Ionut - UI Developer/ Core Developer
    Hari Ambadi - Core GFX/Visual Designer

Alexc Brookes - Arts & Wallpaper Designer
    Paul Petrov - Arts & UI Designer

Important Links

Liked The ROM? Want to Help DotOS creators? Then gift them some credits

Sources.png

dot
    OS source

dotOS-Device Sources
    g%2B.png

Google Plus Community
    Website

REPORTING BUGS!
    As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
    for more READ THIS

Telegram Group
    Join this for updates/discussions on ROM.
    st4.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    dotOS, ROM for Galaxy S6

ROM Source Code: https://github.com/DotOS
    Device Kernel Source:: https://github.com/enesuzun2002/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7420

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be On latest Firmware
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

I do not know much about people working on this device by name :p thanks to all developers working on Exynos7420 and the LineageOS trees and enesuzun for help here and there and the trees on his github :D

I am new to this and still trying to learn as much as I can. Bear with the mistakes I make please :p
    screen shots please.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone