[ROM][G930F/FD/W8/S/K/L][OFFICIAL][7.1.2][NIGHTLY] Resurrection Remix OS Nougat

Search This thread

LiVeBeaT

Apr 1, 2012
I'm seeing a lot of posts talking about bad code fix Injections and stuff like that .
In order to repair a bug which his source is unknown and had been altered a few times - you need to do reverse engineering. And doing reverse engineering is not simple AT ALL.
Actually as one that does just that - I can tell you that some of my projects and stuff that I wanted to understand or build or fix just stopped me from further development of my projects- not because I am lazy , but because digging into someone else's code is a frigging pain in the a$$ .
And seriously talking , they don't get paid for it - they don't have a dead line - they do it as a hobby .. for and with the community .
So even though the ROM section in the Galaxy s7 died faster then the Xperia Neo S. And I had that device for years . (Also the S5 and note 2 had great development !)
I don't care that much . Yes I won't be able to use this ROM as my daily driver but seriously talking I haven't been able to use a single aosp type ROM on this phone since I bought it a year and a half ago lol .

Anyway don't be bummed out or angry , it won't have a good effect on your life and it won't change a thing!

(Or we'll wait for a blessed developer that will try to fix it [emoji56])

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Strigae

lladwein

Aug 14, 2012
I'm seeing a lot of posts talking about bad code fix Injections and stuff like that .
In order to repair a bug which his source is unknown and had been altered a few times - you need to do reverse engineering. And doing reverse engineering is not simple AT ALL.
Actually as one that does just that - I can tell you that some of my projects and stuff that I wanted to understand or build or fix just stopped me from further development of my projects- not because I am lazy , but because digging into someone else's code is a frigging pain in the a$$ .
And seriously talking , they don't get paid for it - they don't have a dead line - they do it as a hobby .. for and with the community .
So even though the ROM section in the Galaxy s7 died faster then the Xperia Neo S. And I had that device for years . (Also the S5 and note 2 had great development !)
I don't care that much . Yes I won't be able to use this ROM as my daily driver but seriously talking I haven't been able to use a single aosp type ROM on this phone since I bought it a year and a half ago lol .

Anyway don't be bummed out or angry , it won't have a good effect on your life and it won't change a thing!

(Or we'll wait for a blessed developer that will try to fix it [emoji56])

It's true. Every Word of yours.

Reactions: LiVeBeaT

dayav07

Apr 17, 2014
Hi everyone. I flashed the latest Lineage OS nightly. It's a great ROM aside from the fact that in car Bluetooth calls are not working. Just wanted to find out if they work on the current build of RR? Otherwise I'll be forced to go back to stock.

lladwein

Aug 14, 2012
Hi everyone. I flashed the latest Lineage OS nightly. It's a great ROM aside from the fact that in car Bluetooth calls are not working. Just wanted to find out if they work on the current build of RR? Otherwise I'll be forced to go back to stock.

Sometimes it works. Sometimes not. Ill do a reboot and thats it. I know its a temporal fix but Hey, it works ^^

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Camera quality and option are stock? And vsco app full working? On another roms don't work
If you're asking is the Camera quality of AOSP Roms as good as Stock - No it's not as good - But there's several different AOSP Cameras that you can try - I don't know what "vsco" is.

It's always a good idea to Search the Thread BEFORE posting any questions - Most of which have already been asked and answered numerous times ?

Sent from my SM-G955W ??

Nosepull

Jan 9, 2015
If you're asking is the Camera quality of AOSP Roms as good as Stock - No it's not as good - But there's several different AOSP Cameras that you can try - I don't know what "vsco" is.

It's always a good idea to Search the Thread BEFORE posting any questions - Most of which have already been asked and answered numerous times

Sent from my SM-G955W

IMHO the camera quality has improved considerably at some time a while ago (I don't really remember when). It now makes really good pictures with the stock camera included in RR. So I really don't now why it is still always said that only Samsung stock firmware can provide good pictures???

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
IMHO the camera quality has improved considerably at some time a while ago (I don't really remember when). It now makes really good pictures with the stock camera included in RR. So I really don't now why it is still always said that only Samsung stock firmware can provide good pictures???
Yeah I'm not saying that the AOSP Cameras are terrible and I don't really use the camera very often anyway - So for me the AOSP cameras are fine & Yes they have improved - But I think that it's pretty much universally accepted that stock samsung cameras are "better" ?

Sent from my SM-G955W ??

Nosepull

Jan 9, 2015
I use a Sony RX100-III as my main camera, which is a really good digicam. However, in current releases the RR camera - under favourable conditions, admittedely - produces great results even compared to the Sony. You can see the difference, but it's not so obvious as one might think. Naturally, the dedicated digicam shows its advantages the more the conditions get worse. But then, for a smartphone, the current RR camera app works great.
I haven't used stock for a long time, so here the quality might be even better, however, I don't see that much deficiencies. I no longer have a need for all those alternative camera apps which had to be installed until a short time ago in order to get a somehow acceptable picture quality.
However, might also depend on the camera chip and so on.

Kholargol

Feb 15, 2008
Paris

It's always a good idea to Search the Thread BEFORE posting any questions - Most of which have already been asked and answered numerous times

Sent from my SM-G955W

Yes, that's the problem. If they had already been asked and answered numerous times, they should be in the first post! Currently, we must read pages and pages of this thread to get an opinion about this ROM and guess what are the minor bugs as they are no major ones.
LineageOS on S7 is a failure in my opinion. It's a first time in my life that one of my Samsung device didn't get a Cyanogen or LineageOS ROM There's no major bugs in LineageOS either but many minors that ruin the global experience and make it worst than stock in too much points.
I'm curious to know if RR is better than LineageOS in this way.;

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Yes, that's the problem. If they had already been asked and answered numerous times, they should be in the first post! Currently, we must read pages and pages of this thread to get an opinion about this ROM and guess what are the minor bugs as they are no major ones.
LineageOS on S7 is a failure in my opinion. It's a first time in my life that one of my Samsung device didn't get a Cyanogen or LineageOS ROM There's no major bugs in LineageOS either but many minors that ruin the global experience and make it worst than stock in too much points.
I'm curious to know if RR is better than LineageOS in this way.;
Well you've been given an opinion now - Searching for "camera" is pretty straightforward - It's not up to users to dictate what the OP includes in the first post - Make a Nandroid of your current Rom and Flash this one and reach your own conclusions - The Final Nougat Build for RR was posted a day or so back - And includes a number of fixes ?

Sent from my SM-G955W ??

Reactions: Pat750

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    02e8bdfe8d39f7bab6801c68a013c013.png

Code:
    We work to make your android experience elegant.

Handpicked features beautifully packed into one ROM.
    Learn More About Resurrection Remix OS

LICENSE of Device Tree: GPL-3.0
    Code:
    Copyright (C) 2017 Fernando Von Arx <fer.vonarx@gmail.com>
    Copyright (C) 2017 Jesse Chan <cjx123@outlook.com>

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
    it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
    the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or
    (at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
    GNU General Public License for more details.
    [URL="https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html"]Learn More about GPL-3.0[/URL]

Github: https://github.com/8890dev
    Early-Test and Discussion Telegram Group: https://telegram.me/joinchat/DTrGsz8PxD6kZZKnEJBBGw

Not Working:
    No major bugs.

Screenshots:
    http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=18609#screenshots

Download:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/androidrom-io/files/ResurrectionRemix/herolte/

Gapps:
    https://download.dirtyunicorns.com/gapps/Dynamic/

Donation:
    @jesec
    @Fevax

XDA:DevDB Information
    Resurrection Remix OS Nougat, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7

Contributors
    jesec
    Source Code: https://github.com/8890dev

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2016-12-31
    Last Updated 2017-08-20
    Changelog:

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=70318309&postcount=2

Currently there is no flat-specific changes.
    HOW-TO Contribute to this project:

As a user:
    Code:
    Join Early-Test and Discussion Telegram Group to test early build for developers.
    Link: https://telegram.me/joinchat/DTrGsz8PxD6kZZKnEJBBGw

OR:
    [B]Donate to Developers:[/B]
    [URL="https://www.paypal.me/jsechan/15"]To @jesec[/URL]
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=3654774"]To @Fevax[/URL]
    Consider a donation to help us continue development and rend build/download server, thank you :highfive:

As a Developer:
    Code:
    1. Join Early-Test and Discussion Telegram Group first
    Link: https://telegram.me/joinchat/DTrGsz8PxD6kZZKnEJBBGw

2. Send PM to a Project Supervisor. 

3. We will examine you and add you to Observing Developers Group.

4. Try to make some contributions and we will add you to Device Tree Maintainers, Kernel Maintainers or Vendor Maintainers based on your skills.

OR:
    Simply create PR at Github and then we will review and merge.
    Changelog:
    20170102: (md5: 957a517dcadf6dee3d450e1bad0aa1d2)
    universal8890: fix incall mic
    * This change fixed microphone problem.

universal8890: proprietary: add missing GPS-related lib
    * This change fixed GPS.

vendor: Sensor HAL: downgrade to BPL3
    * This change fixed light sensor. (auto-brightness should work now)

kernel: drivers: leds: update for N
    *: This change makes Flashlight working by correcting sysfs path.

universal8890: change owner group of some ports to camera
    *: This change fixed camera.
    Flat version is also available.
    Check http://download.jesec.io for download and https://ci.jesec.io for build status.

Changelog:
    universal8890: Use custom rssi buckets, ignoring rssnr
    * This change should make LTE signal looks stronger.

hero: add power profile
    * This change fixed battery stats.

vendor: wifi: set country code to ALL
    * This change should fix Wi-Fi problems in some countries.

vendor: wifi: add some hacks to make Wi-Fi signal strength stronger
    * I am not sure if it works lol.

project device/samsung/universal8890/
    ▪ 942dbbc audio: add mixer_gains.xml
    ▪ d6750cb audio: Apply input/output gains for active routes
    ▪ 28fa9f6 audio: Use narrow band routes from stock
    ▪ 29246d1 universal8890: Enable freeform windows
    ▪ 9ab7a74 universal8890: Drop dalvik/art speed filter flag
    ▪ 5467c46 universal8890: enable ffmpeg
    ▪ 8d87432 universal8890: Remove no-op WEBGL flag

project kernel/samsung/universal8890/
    ▪ bc1d936 drivers: motor: update for N

* Vibrator is now fixed
    * Rendering issues is now solved (but not on stock android browser, you are recommended to use Chrome or other browsers)
    * Enabled multiwindow support
    * Some performance improvements
    * add gains to input/output volume(should fixed low volume problem in some situations). Also maybe mic problem of Viber and some IM apps is fixed.

? bb0b8ed Use Stock OMX libs, its not the best but works
    ? 666a327 universal8890: Switch back to Camera2
    ? bc2649f universal8890: Allow OMX libraries to load again
    ? 0d86952 universal8890: Do not force camera API 1
    ? 5970a9a Camera: Set correct selinux rules
    ? 3ce6ed8 universal8890: remove useless USE_CAMERA_STUB flag
    ? fcb4e0f proprietary-files: add missing libagc_max.so
    ? 2d59054 lhd.conf: update for N

* Camera is now stable.
    * Sensor HAL no longer crash.
    * Video playback problem solved.

universal8890: add Dual-SIM support