[ROM][G950F/FD][7.1.2] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S8

Search This thread

Bananicorn

Dec 26, 2018
I can confirm u guys that ril is fully functional with calls audio SMS and LTE. Also incall audio is working unlike last build.

That's fantastic progress, great to hear!
Is camera something that will realistically be fixed? And who should I donate to to support the development? Would love to just show some appreciacion for picking this up again :)

Bananicorn

Dec 26, 2018
I agree that asking for ETA should be banned cause is not polite. I disagree that developers are going to delay the development because some misfits don't follow rules. On the other hand, faith belong to religion. Thousands of users follow developers cause we trust them; they know thing we don't. besides, we want a new look and better performance of our phones, So we should donate more often to encourage developers. For god sake, I open this thread twice a day, I cross my fingers. To be able to follow any progress should be in the same book of politeness.

I'd like to donate to whoever is working on this and making progress, but since there are four people working on this, and not all working on the same thing, it's hard for me to judge who to donate to. More transparency on the side of the developers (repos, what's being worked on, perhaps even test builds though I understand it might bring spam/hassle) would help me and others who want to support in seeing who is actively engaged in this and would give us an opportunity of knowing who and what we are supporting.

I do not mean this as dev bashing because I am genuinely thankful that this has been picked up by people again; rather see it as a suggestion for better engagement :)

Ivan_Meler

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
I'd like to donate to whoever is working on this and making progress, but since there are four people working on this, and not all working on the same thing, it's hard for me to judge who to donate to. More transparency on the side of the developers (repos, what's being worked on, perhaps even test builds though I understand it might bring spam/hassle) would help me and others who want to support in seeing who is actively engaged in this and would give us an opportunity of knowing who and what we are supporting.

I do not mean this as dev bashing because I am genuinely thankful that this has been picked up by people again; rather see it as a suggestion for better engagement :)

At the moment neither Stricted or I accept donations, we will post something quite soon for s8,s8+ and Note8 another thing is that neither of us has the device so testing is quite a bit cumbersome so Thargorsson and Vaughnn are helping out there which while not perfect due to not having device to ttest with somewaht works for now and they also help out with things along the way, Source (Kernel source which is under gpl) will be posted upon rom release

Az Biker

Sr. Mod / Mod & RC-RT Committees / Shred'r of MTBs
Staff member
* * * Thread Cleaned * * *

Let's keep the comments related to the development of this Rom.

Not arguing, insulting others, asking for ETAs, or anything else that doesn't help develop this Rom.

1,000 users can say "I'm excited for this Rom, where can I download it" and all you have is a development thread filled with useless banter, none of which assists in development.

Please, take the off-topic discussion to the GENERAL/DISCUSSION section and leave the development thread less cluttered for development.

This will be the only courtesy warning given. Please re-read Forum Rules if you need a refresher on what is acceptable when posting in Xda.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Last edited:

Bananicorn

Dec 26, 2018
At the moment neither Stricted or I accept donations, we will post something quite soon for s8,s8+ and Note8 another thing is that neither of us has the device so testing is quite a bit cumbersome so Thargorsson and Vaughnn are helping out there which while not perfect due to not having device to ttest with somewaht works for now and they also help out with things along the way, Source (Kernel source which is under gpl) will be posted upon rom release

Thanks for the elaboration and thanks for your work!

Reactions: PEZ Dispenser

smallville7123

Feb 14, 2019

QCgMClH.png

Code:
[COLOR="red"]Your warranty is now void.[/COLOR]
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
A lot.

WARNING: THIS ROM IS NOT FOR DAILY USAGE, IT'S ONLY A ALPHA AND A LOT OF THINGS ARE BROKEN. ALSO, IT'S POSSIBLE THAT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO RESTORE A NANDROID BACKUP AFTER FLASH THIS ROM. FLASH AT OWN RISK!​

/* What’s working */
Audio
Bootanimation
Brightness Level
Bluetooth
Microphone
MTP
Wi-Fi
LED
All sensors except fingerprint reader
SD Card
Capacitive buttons

/* What’s not working */
Bluetooth audio
RIL (calls, sms, microphone, data) *works only in first boot
NFC
Camera
Fingerprint reader
Torch
Wi-Fi Hotspot

Install Instructions
1. Download ROM from the link below.
2. Wipe dalvik/cache/data/factory reset.
3. Flash the rom in recovery.
4. Flash OpenGApps in recovery.
5. Reboot device.
6. Now you can help me to find bugs :)

Quick Look

Downloads

Latest Build​

If you are happy with my work, please:

Thank You! :victory:

XDA:DevDB Information
UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S8, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S8

Contributors
Fevax, briann_cs
Source Code: https://github.com/Fevax

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-10-06
Last Updated 2017-10-06

is this rom compilable? if so how can i compile it, in the safest way possible, if possible, could you post the exact compilation environment used to compile the stable working

example:
OS version
toolchain and toolchain version used
any applications or programs used to compile or aid in the development of the ROM, and their versions, if specific versions are required

Last edited:

Voyage Maker

Jan 5, 2018
is this rom compilable? if so how can i compile it, in the safest way possible, if possible, could you post the exact compilation environment used to compile the stable working

example:
OS version
any applications or programs used to compile or aid in the development of the ROM, and their versions, if specific versions are required

Check out this thread bro

https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...evice-development/rom-lineageos-15-1-t3899829

smallville7123

Feb 14, 2019

I already know about that one, and I already asked there but they said no or something, I can't remember

I'm hoping the devs of this ROM would let me because this ROM is older and has less working features, making 15.1 desirable as more stuff work on it, not that I'm saying no one cares about this ROM, I just want a ROM that can be compiled with minimal risk of hard bricking if compiled correctly

Last edited:

SuperSandro2000

May 26, 2015
supersandro.de

example:
OS version

Don't quote OP.
Just follow the lineageos wiki and replace the device specific repos with the op ones. If you don't know how to do this google.

smallville7123

Feb 14, 2019
Don't quote OP.
Just follow the lineageos wiki and replace the device specific repos with the op ones. If you don't know how to do this google.

are you just assuming this will work or have you actually successfully built a working image for the S8 using the method you just mentioned

as i have no idea what the devs needed to do in order to make this ROM compile as it is UNOFFICIAL and thus UNSTABLE

for all i know it could immediately hard brick the device unless modifications are made that are not mentioned in the LOS wiki nor device specific repos

Last edited:

smallville7123

Feb 14, 2019
I build images for the S5 from haggertk in the past but not for the S8. I don't have time or motivation to walk you trough it.

so your just assuming it will work, like i said, for all i know it could immediately hard brick the device unless modifications are made that are not mentioned in the LOS wiki nor device specific repos

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

QCgMClH.png

Code:
    [COLOR="red"]Your warranty is now void.[/COLOR]
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
    A lot.

WARNING: THIS ROM IS NOT FOR DAILY USAGE, IT'S ONLY A ALPHA AND A LOT OF THINGS ARE BROKEN. ALSO, IT'S POSSIBLE THAT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO RESTORE A NANDROID BACKUP AFTER FLASH THIS ROM. FLASH AT OWN RISK!​

/* What’s working */
    Audio
    Bootanimation
    Brightness Level
    Bluetooth
    Microphone
    MTP
    Wi-Fi
    LED
    All sensors except fingerprint reader
    SD Card
    Capacitive buttons

/* What’s not working */
    Bluetooth audio
    RIL (calls, sms, microphone, data) *works only in first boot
    NFC
    Camera
    Fingerprint reader
    Torch
    Wi-Fi Hotspot

Install Instructions
    1. Download ROM from the link below.
    2. Wipe dalvik/cache/data/factory reset.
    3. Flash the rom in recovery.
    4. Flash OpenGApps in recovery.
    5. Reboot device.
    6. Now you can help me to find bugs :)

Quick Look

Downloads

Latest Build​

If you are happy with my work, please:

Thank You! :victory:

XDA:DevDB Information
    UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S8, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S8

Contributors
    Fevax, briann_cs
    Source Code: https://github.com/Fevax

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-10-06
    Last Updated 2017-10-06
    LineageOS 15 developement for s8 has started!
    IThis ends now. If people are not happy with this rom. Either make your own or find another one.
    As such this thread is closed to clean up everyones negative comments......

Now that the thread is cleaned... To every one who thinks its ok...
    It is rude to ask for ETAs,deal with it.... It is rude to say Oh this dont work fix it, Post some logs and maybe work with the devs to fix it, Every expierenced modder knows there are bugs, Knows there are bugs in lineage,If you dont like it find another rom As such No more of this behavior will be tollerated!!!!!
    Sorry for the long period of inactivity, my personal life was a mess, i will try to speed up the things soon!
    Changelog:

06/10
    - Initial Release.