• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][G950F/FD][7.1.2] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S8

Search This thread

_moelle

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 24, 2014
NRW
I 'm waiting full fonctionnal Lineage Os Rom Perhaps after that we can to see Other Custom Rom like DU, RR, etc and on 8.0 Oreo :) ...... I dream .... :)

dev already did one of them! amazing process so far!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171009-172818.png
    Screenshot_20171009-172818.png
    177.5 KB · Views: 1,448
Reactions: marcel112

kevkid

Sep 22, 2010
Honestly I am so excited about this. I purchased a sm-g950f just for this. Now I have to sell my snapdragon variant lol.

loris100

Oct 7, 2014
@Fevax Did you gave permission to @ProtoDeVNan0 to use a ported version of your work for the Note 8? He said he would also fix a lot of things so that might help everyone and we might get a fully working LOS faster for both devices...

Albe96

Mar 10, 2016
loris100;74116648 [user=3654774 said:
@Fevax[/user] Did you gave permission to @ProtoDeVNan0 to use a ported version of your work for the Note 8? He said he would also fix a lot of things so that might help everyone and we might get a fully working LOS faster for both devices...
I guess @Fevax gave him permission.Cause the trees are not in Fevax's github page.So,definately fevax gave him permission to modify and use trees to build.

Reactions: loris100

kevkid

Sep 22, 2010
I have unlocked samsung s8 at&t phone. if I will install this rom my phone will stay unlocked or I will need to unlock it again?
thanks

If you have an AT&T variant of the s8 then it is running a snapdragon processor with a locked bootloader. No you can't run it on that phone. Also If you factory unlocked a phone it does not matter what rom you install afaik.

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
Guy we do not post Fix it, Fix it please,This dont work. You need to post logs and since this is an alpha there are many bugs to be expected....Posting in these manners is just rude The DEVs have lives just like you Most work is done free. If the DEVs timing isnt fast enough, I suggest you fix it yourself.

GabryxxUfO

Mar 21, 2015
palermo
@TheMadScientist there have been donations! It is understood that everyone has their own life but all of our users have long waited for this rom and sometimes it seems to have been abandoned, they expect corrections to be able to finally use it on a daily basis

Valkiry

Jul 24, 2015
Melbourne
OnePlus 8T
Guy we do not post Fix it, Fix it please,This dont work. You need to post logs and since this is an alpha there are many bugs to be expected....Posting in these manners is just rude The DEVs have lives just like you Most work is done free. If the DEVs timing isnt fast enough, I suggest you fix it yourself.

Not to be rude or anything mod but we would need the sources for that. Which still haven't been released. So it's a bit hard to fix it ourselves. I know Id love to start tackling issues but I can't without sources.

Shuuin

Jan 10, 2016
Not to be rude or anything mod but we would need the sources for that. Which still haven't been released. So it's a bit hard to fix it ourselves. I know Id love to start tackling issues but I can't without sources.

Aren't they accesble on hes Github ?
Or if you join the telegram group :/

Valkiry

Jul 24, 2015
Melbourne
OnePlus 8T

Aren't they accesble on hes Github ?
Or if you join the telegram group :/

Go have a look for yourself dude. No Dreamlte or Dream2lte sources. Not even shared on Telegram. So No sources like I just said.

Reactions: ZION959

lonespeaker

Dec 4, 2011
North East England
Go have a look for yourself dude. No Dreamlte or Dream2lte sources. Not even shared on Telegram. So No sources like I just said.

I sent fevax a PM asking for the sources. I've managed to compile for the S8+ but get stuck in a setup wizard loop and no sensors work at all. I don't really want to waste time fixing stuff that already works in the alpha, so kind of disappointed that no sources have been released so we can all have a go fixing

Valkiry

Jul 24, 2015
Melbourne
OnePlus 8T
I sent fevax a PM asking for the sources. I've managed to compile for the S8+ but get stuck in a setup wizard loop and no sensors work at all. I don't really want to waste time fixing stuff that already works in the alpha, so kind of disappointed that no sources have been released so we can all have a go fixing

Yeah that's my exact point dude, sort of why I tagged the mod for his comment because we couldn't fix stuff right now because of sources

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

QCgMClH.png

Code:
    [COLOR="red"]Your warranty is now void.[/COLOR]
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
    A lot.

WARNING: THIS ROM IS NOT FOR DAILY USAGE, IT'S ONLY A ALPHA AND A LOT OF THINGS ARE BROKEN. ALSO, IT'S POSSIBLE THAT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO RESTORE A NANDROID BACKUP AFTER FLASH THIS ROM. FLASH AT OWN RISK!​

/* What’s working */
    Audio
    Bootanimation
    Brightness Level
    Bluetooth
    Microphone
    MTP
    Wi-Fi
    LED
    All sensors except fingerprint reader
    SD Card
    Capacitive buttons

/* What’s not working */
    Bluetooth audio
    RIL (calls, sms, microphone, data) *works only in first boot
    NFC
    Camera
    Fingerprint reader
    Torch
    Wi-Fi Hotspot

Install Instructions
    1. Download ROM from the link below.
    2. Wipe dalvik/cache/data/factory reset.
    3. Flash the rom in recovery.
    4. Flash OpenGApps in recovery.
    5. Reboot device.
    6. Now you can help me to find bugs :)

Quick Look

Downloads

Latest Build​

If you are happy with my work, please:

Thank You! :victory:

XDA:DevDB Information
    UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S8, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S8

Contributors
    Fevax, briann_cs
    Source Code: https://github.com/Fevax

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-10-06
    Last Updated 2017-10-06
    LineageOS 15 developement for s8 has started!
    IThis ends now. If people are not happy with this rom. Either make your own or find another one.
    As such this thread is closed to clean up everyones negative comments......

Now that the thread is cleaned... To every one who thinks its ok...
    It is rude to ask for ETAs,deal with it.... It is rude to say Oh this dont work fix it, Post some logs and maybe work with the devs to fix it, Every expierenced modder knows there are bugs, Knows there are bugs in lineage,If you dont like it find another rom As such No more of this behavior will be tollerated!!!!!
    Sorry for the long period of inactivity, my personal life was a mess, i will try to speed up the things soon!
    Changelog:

06/10
    - Initial Release.