[ROM][G950F/FD][7.1.2] UNOFFICIAL Resurrection Remix OS for Galaxy S8

Search This thread

ImbaWind

Jul 12, 2011
?
With all due respect, last update on the github source is 2 months ago, unless I am missing something, there is hardly any progress to check. Wich github/branch are you referring to?

Thanks!

Page 23
LineageOS 15 developement for s8 has started!

Page 24
Sorry for the long period of inactivity, my personal life was a mess, i will try to speed up the things soon!

Seems like the dev had to slow down the development to deal with his real-life problem.

xloolx

Jun 13, 2015
Redmi Note 9t
thank for job but try to integrate a solution in resurrection rom to down clock cpu @ minimum freqence to 100 or 200 mhz and change scall between 1 and 8 core without over clock to save battery life
And thx

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

dear dev Resurrection Remix OS try to integrate a solution in resurrection rom to down clock s8 cpu @ minimum freqence to 100 or 200 mhz and change scall between 1 and 8 core without over clock to save battery life
And thx

squalkbox2

Feb 4, 2011
Johnston
thanks!

galaxy s8, duos, smg950f

boots fast, runs great, looking forward to updates!

currently the only thing not working for me is sim card support. sim menu shows sim 1 and sim 2 both dimmed, will not see that the sim card has been inserted in either slot, but somehow connects. mobile data menu wont appear.

other than that this rom is stellar. subscribing for updates, will donate soon!

Renaf2

Go to buy another Device who is officialy supported by Lineage Os 15 and RR

Like : LG G6 , all One Plus devices , Pixel Phone , etc ....

The Galaxy S9 get Lineage os and RR 8.0 Rom before the S8 ..... xd

Developpement on the S8 is a ****ing Joke

I remember the 4.4.4 Android version custom Rom on lot of devices : AOKP ROM , DU ROM, RESURECTION REMIX ROM, C ROM, CARBON ROM , MOKEE ROM, OMNIROM, SLIM ROM, PAC MAN ROM, LEGO ROM, PARANOID ANDROID ROM, ETC .......
The best period of devices developpement is dead :(

Last edited:
Reactions: bubbl3 and jimmkhn

egentreri

Jan 13, 2017
Go to buy another Device who is officialy supported by Lineage Os 15 and RR

Like : LG G6 , all One Plus devices , Pixel Phone , etc ....

The Galaxy S9 get Lineage os and RR 8.0 Rom before the S8 ..... xd

Developpement on the S8 is a ****ing Joke

I remember the 4.4.4 Android version custom Rom on lot of devices : AOKP ROM , DU ROM, RESURECTION REMIX ROM, C ROM, CARBON ROM , MOKEE ROM, OMNIROM, SLIM ROM, PAC MAN ROM, LEGO ROM, PARANOID ANDROID ROM, ETC .......
The best period of devices developpement is dead :(
Back in days there are sharing and caring peoples
Now just selfish people who dont share anything and doing their works in private
Its a shame for this community

marcel112

Back in days there are sharing and caring peoples
Now just selfish people who dont share anything and doing their works in private
Its a shame for this community
Maybe it's also because users of the shared free roms act like s#*t to the dev.
Demanding updates and fixes like a paying customer.

I know it is pushing developers away. Sadly

shiftr182

Oct 5, 2010
Boise
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
I just wanted to chime in here also. I remember the good old days before Samsung started locking down their phones. When knox came out, I left Samsung because I was on Verizon(CDMA) and needed to be able to root my phones. I went to Nexus, then Pixel, only to discover Google going to this dual partition thing. I loved my 6P..... I had so many ROMs on that, then I went to the Pixel XL and was super disappointed after 8.0 came out because development pretty much came to a stand still. If you look on the Pixel forums, there are hardly any ROMs. I made the choice to come to the S8+ F model because it would be unlockable. So far I am happy with it. Yeah, we dont have AOSP, but there are quite a few fantastic ROMs that we can mess with. I would not have made the choice to get a Samsung if I planned on AOSP as my primary ROM. Most phones out there are using Snapdragon processors, so if you want AOSP, get a bootloader unlocked/unlockable Snapdragon phone.

Nik0laTesla

Jul 4, 2016
Kaunas
I just wanted to chime in here also. I remember the good old days before Samsung started locking down their phones. When knox came out, I left Samsung because I was on Verizon(CDMA) and needed to be able to root my phones. I went to Nexus, then Pixel, only to discover Google going to this dual partition thing. I loved my 6P..... I had so many ROMs on that, then I went to the Pixel XL and was super disappointed after 8.0 came out because development pretty much came to a stand still. If you look on the Pixel forums, there are hardly any ROMs. I made the choice to come to the S8+ F model because it would be unlockable. So far I am happy with it. Yeah, we dont have AOSP, but there are quite a few fantastic ROMs that we can mess with. I would not have made the choice to get a Samsung if I planned on AOSP as my primary ROM. Most phones out there are using Snapdragon processors, so if you want AOSP, get a bootloader unlocked/unlockable Snapdragon phone.
I wonder if project treble will be able to fix the frustrations of creating an AOSP ROM for future Samsung devices :confused:

Crowbar Asdfghjkl

Dec 25, 2015
I wonder if project treble will be able to fix the frustrations of creating an AOSP ROM for future Samsung devices :confused:
Well, news just came out that stated that the Oreo update for S8 and S8+ will not come with Project Treble. Guess we'll have to wait for future devixes to see if they support. Anyway, my next phone will not be a Samsung.

https://goo.gl/kjpVXi

Last edited:
Reactions: RGX521

Nik0laTesla

Jul 4, 2016
Kaunas
Well, news just came out that stated that the Oreo update for S8 and S8+ will not come with Project Treble. Guess we'll have to wait for future devixes to see if they support. Anyway, my next phone will not be a Samsung.

https://goo.gl/kjpVXi
I was talking about future devices (with preinstalled oreo). They'll have implement project Treble because it's required by Google. Just wondering if Samsung will find a way to lock that out too.

Daliy

Jan 24, 2017
Nice rom for me .but if can fix up these bugs I really make sure it will be hot in the forum . anyway , thx for ur effort and share . hope ur next upgrade!
Cheer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

xgYUS6x.jpg

Code:
    [COLOR="red"]Your warranty is now void.[/COLOR]
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
    A lot.

WARNING: THIS ROM IS NOT FOR DAILY USAGE, IT'S ONLY A ALPHA AND A LOT OF THINGS ARE BROKEN. ALSO, IT'S POSSIBLE THAT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO RESTORE A NANDROID BACKUP AFTER FLASH THIS ROM. FLASH AT OWN RISK!​

/* What’s working */
    Audio
    Bootanimation
    Brightness Level
    Bluetooth
    Microphone
    MTP
    Wi-Fi
    LED
    All sensors except fingerprint reader
    SD Card
    Capacitive buttons

/* What’s not working */
    RIL (calls, sms, microphone, data) *works only in first boot
    NFC
    Camera
    Fingerprint reader
    Torch
    Wi-Fi Hotspot

Install Instructions
    1. Download ROM from the link below.
    2. Wipe dalvik/cache/data/factory reset.
    3. Flash the rom in recovery.
    4. Reboot device.
    5. Now you can help me to find bugs :)

Quick Look

Downloads

Latest Build​

If you are happy with my work, please:

Thank You! :victory:

XDA:DevDB Information
    UNOFFICIAL Resurrection Remix OS for Galaxy S8, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S8

Contributors
    briann_cs, Fevax
    Source Code: https://github.com/Fevax

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: Resurrection Remix OS

Version Information

Created 2017-10-10
    Last Updated 2017-10-10
    To what question did you answer to if the thread is dead or any updates?

We (the devs) are working on LOS 15.1 (Android 8.1) that should be ready for beta in the near feature. For progress please check the github source.
    big rip

Wouldn't bother, this has been left dead in the water for a year now...

Already had multiple report of people flashing and moments later having completely hard bricked devices...

You've been warned. (By TWRP too by the looks of it ;))

+1 to this. I had to rip the back off my s8 and then remove the battery and then put it back in whilst holding the buttons to go into twrp and wipe everything.

DO NOT FLASH THIS
    Changelog:

06/10
    - Initial Release.