[ROM][G950U/G955U]Pixelish S9 ROM - Custom System for Snapdragon S8/+

Search This thread
G

GuestK00260

Sir please mod the csc to support ins from india so that we can use jio 4g volte in india. Without it my phone feels like dead. I dont want 80% battery just for volte. Please sir it will be very helpful.

Just flash India CSC (sec_omc.zip) on Stock Recovery.. or change CSC on COMBINATION..

SamerAlHaddad

Jul 4, 2018
Snapdragon Note 8

Hi Guys

I've been trying to find or do what's mentioned to create a stock canadian W rom with dual speaker and GRX launcher with no avail

can someone please help me, ive been trying for almost 2 months day and night.

i dont want the root method as it'll cap my battery and trip the things...

PLEASE HELP ME DEV

G

GuestK00260

is there any way you can add csc of exynos variant to snapdragon

Hi I can help adding Exynos CSC on Snapdragon..
Please give me PM.

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

I know this rom is for Snapdragon but is there any chance that your methods would apply to exynos firmware too? A custom non-knox tripping rom would be great

Nice work anyway!

Please give me PM.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Sir please mod the csc to support ins from india so that we can use jio 4g volte in india. Without it my phone feels like dead. I dont want 80% battery just for volte. Please sir it will be very helpful.

Please give me PM.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Hi Guys

I've been trying to find or do what's mentioned to create a stock canadian W rom with dual speaker and GRX launcher with no avail

can someone please help me, ive been trying for almost 2 months day and night.

i dont want the root method as it'll cap my battery and trip the things...

PLEASE HELP ME DEV

Hi I can help creating custom rom..
Please give me PM.

TRexombo

Sep 2, 2014
Hey folks. My phone is a Verizon galaxy 8 note. I noticed in the note 8 forums me2151 posted that there is a non rooted rom with xposed. He said it has some glitches but if we want to learn more to look in the s8/s8+ forums. He said it is compatible with note 8.
Is this the rom he was talking about or is it the one by jrkruse?
Thank you friends

Last edited:
Reactions: domhall012N8

SamerAlHaddad

Jul 4, 2018
Hey folks. My phone is a Verizon galaxy 8 note. I noticed in the note 8 forums me2151 posted that there is a non rooted rom with xposed. He said it has some glitches but if we want to learn more to look in the s8/s8+ forums. He said it is compatible with note 8.
Is this the rom he was talking about or is it the one by jrkruse?
Thank you friends

Man don't waste your time I've been almost 2 months trying to find someone to give me any information about my n950w Canadian custom rom
No one answers or at least no one car for us note users
I tried everything every single thing that you can imagine nothing works
The admin here doesn't answer anymore
My budget is very very tight but now I'm thinking about a way to buy the exinos version JUST to install the grx touchwiz which needs root for unknown reasons
Goodluck bro

DeadWolfQc

Jun 9, 2016
when i go to flash CSC, it says "FAIL! Model dismatch fail", any idea why it would this? my phone is the SM-G950U of the Snapdragon variant so it should work no?

tcribbs

Apr 9, 2010
Can anyone explain why when I flash the installbl.tar file through the BL slot my g955u fails? Any help would be appreciated! I think it says FAIL! (Auth)

bradical711

Aug 26, 2017
Google Pixel 4 XL
i have a big question about this modded system do i have to be rooted on my s8 plus snapdragon to install this or can i do it from a regular stock s8 plus?
You can do it from either or but what really matters is your BL revision number. I believe if it is higher than 2, then this ROM will fail to flash for you. Also this isn't rooted due to it being Oreo and isn't anything really big in terms of a custom ROM. Just like the description says, it's "Pixel'ish"..

Sent from my SM-G950U using XDA Labs

Last edited:

Cheemaa

Oct 13, 2018
I have a question regarding recompiling systemui. I can flash a deodexed systemui but when I DECOMPILE and recompile after replacing .9.png. my screen is black but I can see icons. But there is no lockscreen or notification panel. I even replaced the res,Dex files, and resources from the original systemui. But nada. Black screen,icons and no lockscreen. Yash (who created the Oreo guides thread for touchwiz) told me that I have to disable signature check, that means i have to deodex services.jar and recompile it. I thought that I couldn't deodex services.jar because you can't deodex firmware files otherwise I'll end up in a bootloop. Can you clarify how you made the systemui mods work. Mods such as fingerprint after reboot and other stuff......

austin_5118

Mar 20, 2018
I read through the whole thread, and didn't see anything like this answered already so I'll go ahead and post. Is there any hope of doing this to a snapdragon s9? (SM-G960W) ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing the first Oreo ROM for the S8 and S8+, its basic don't complain.

First of all, before you go any lower read this:
    THIS IS NOT ROOT! This is a custom system image that I modded and allows me to add or remove files and still have it boot and keep Knox intact along with Saftey Net. Unless you mess with the build.prop device stuff, Samsung Pay, Secure Folder, and Google Pay should all work.

Second, If you break your phone or mess up and it boot loops, just flash a stock image and start over. Don't come here crying over it not working because these do work and I have had testers use them and run this.

Third, this is pixelish because all I did was add the pixel launcher and a couple pixel files along with S9+ messenger. This is more of an open project.

Forth, If you are a dev interesting and making your own custom system image, message me and I will tell you the ways of this magic.

NOW FOR THE GOOD PART!

This ROM currently contains the stock Pixel launcher, a couple new /etc/sysconfig pixel files, and the S9 messenger. Knox still works and so does Saftey Net. This has yet to be debloated.

To install it:
    1. Go to download mode and flash the file install BL.tar with Modded Odin, all files will be linked in like post 2 or 3, I don't know.
    2. Reboot back into download and flash the system.tar (names may vary) in the AP slot with the options reparation and NAND erase all selected, you will also need to use the pit file there. This step will say fail in Odin but that's good.
    3. Reboot BACK to download mode and flash the CRB9 AP, BL, and CP. In between the system flashing and this step, hit reset at the bottom of Odin to reset the options.
    4. Let the phone reboot. It will boot loop, that's good. Now go to recovery and let this boot loop. It will say something about a cache error, that's perfect.
    5. From recovery go to download mode, it might be difficult and you may get to upload mode, just keep holding the keys until you get there. Now flash the CSC file.
    6. After flashing CSC you should be in recovery, now clear data and cache. Hit reboot the system or whatever and you should be good!
    7. Enjoy whatever is in the ROM because I assume some people are going to link back here at some point.

THANKS to @me2151 for finding this and telling me how to do it and such
    How to mod it yourself!

This is a little thing on how to mod it yourself.

You need to download the system for the device, just use the one I have above. Then you need to mount it in Linux using the command sudo mount -o loop system.img.ext4 folder name. This should mount as an r/w. I did it in Kali Linux and didn't have issues while Ubuntu did some funky stuff. Then you mod the systems normally like making a ROM. Whenever you mod something you need to set the proper permissions with chmod and context with sudo setfattr -n security.selinux -v u:eek:bject_r:system_file:s0 filename. You might need to install attr to get it. Then once you're done, unmount with sudo umount folder name and then add it to a .tar file without any compression and flash it in Odin like the instructions. Just use your system instead of mine. If you make it and post it, just credit me2151 and me (mweinbach).
    Told yall i was sitting on it til oreo release