[ROM][G950U/G955U]Pixelish S9 ROM - Custom System for Snapdragon S8/+

Search This thread

bradical711

Aug 26, 2017
Google Pixel 4 XL
I read through the whole thread, and didn't see anything like this answered already so I'll go ahead and post. Is there any hope of doing this to a snapdragon s9? (SM-G960W) ?
No. This is for the S8 (SM-G950U) and S8+ (SM-G955U) ONLY. Flashing this will result in soft brick for your device I think, or worse.. It is not compatible and will not be compatible.

Sent from my SM-G950U using XDA Labs

Last edited:

Magnusmarshall

May 2, 2012
Man don't waste your time I've been almost 2 months trying to find someone to give me any information about my n950w Canadian custom rom
No one answers or at least no one car for us note users
I tried everything every single thing that you can imagine nothing works
The admin here doesn't answer anymore
My budget is very very tight but now I'm thinking about a way to buy the exinos version JUST to install the grx touchwiz which needs root for unknown reasons
Goodluck bro

They wont respond because its painfully clear you didn't bother to do any searching at all.

A simple google search for n950w custom roms literately shows links to this site with the answers you want.

Its a big no no on this forum that you come asking questions and expecting answers without doing any homework on your own.

SamerAlHaddad

Jul 4, 2018
Oh man you're so old....... :):):):):) this message is old before the root methods, and yes i did my researches, i was combining my days with nights, barely sleeping and drinking 4 redbulls a day and almost seeing the phone in my nightmares, i googled every single thing you can imagine that time, i learned some basics just to create my own rom, i went into a state of depression JUST because of it and you're telling me that i did'nt bother to do any searching at all??????? OMG
anyway, i ended up selling my snapdragon note 8, bought an international version FDS, created my own CSC for canada to enable some options i needed, and living happily...
oh how life is funny sometimes....

They wont respond because its painfully clear you didn't bother to do any searching at all.

A simple google search for n950w custom roms literately shows links to this site with the answers you want.

Its a big no no on this forum that you come asking questions and expecting answers without doing any homework on your own.

Reactions: TheMadScientist

Magnusmarshall

May 2, 2012
Man don't waste your time I've been almost 2 months trying to find someone to give me any information about my n950w Canadian custom rom
No one answers or at least no one car for us note users
I tried everything every single thing that you can imagine nothing works
The admin here doesn't answer anymore
My budget is very very tight but now I'm thinking about a way to buy the exinos version JUST to install the grx touchwiz which needs root for unknown reasons
Goodluck bro

Oh man you're so old....... :):):):):) this message is old before the root methods, and yes i did my researches, i was combining my days with nights, barely sleeping and drinking 4 redbulls a day and almost seeing the phone in my nightmares, i googled every single thing you can imagine that time, i learned some basics just to create my own rom, i went into a state of depression JUST because of it and you're telling me that i did'nt bother to do any searching at all??????? OMG
anyway, i ended up selling my snapdragon note 8, bought an international version FDS, created my own CSC for Canada to enable some options i needed, and living happily...
oh how life is funny sometimes....

Well i am certainly not 21 anymore. ;)
But unfortunately this very response should how little you actually did or how bad you are at it.
I kid you not it takes less then five min to find the answer your question and that answer has been here since before you made the post.
This is hammered into place by the fact root actually existed for about a year before you got the phone or at least posted your question.
If you didn't realize those very obvious facts you didn't search very hard.
Still i am happy your happy now and lets have the thread go back to what it should be.

SamerAlHaddad

Jul 4, 2018
Well i am certainly not 21 anymore. ;)
But unfortunately this very response should how little you actually did or how bad you are at it.
I kid you not it takes less then five min to find the answer your question and that answer has been here since before you made the post.
This is hammered into place by the fact root actually existed for about a year before you got the phone or at least posted your question.
If you didn't realize those very obvious facts you didn't search very hard.
Still i am happy your happy now and lets have the thread go back to what it should be.

I had the latest bootloader... couldnt root... couldnt downgrade it that time to use the samfail root method!!!
anyways, peace man :)

Shycat

Mar 26, 2018
Pixelish rom

Is it compatible with the S8 SC-02J Docomo (japanese model)?
Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing the first Oreo ROM for the S8 and S8+, its basic don't complain.

First of all, before you go any lower read this:
    THIS IS NOT ROOT! This is a custom system image that I modded and allows me to add or remove files and still have it boot and keep Knox intact along with Saftey Net. Unless you mess with the build.prop device stuff, Samsung Pay, Secure Folder, and Google Pay should all work.

Second, If you break your phone or mess up and it boot loops, just flash a stock image and start over. Don't come here crying over it not working because these do work and I have had testers use them and run this.

Third, this is pixelish because all I did was add the pixel launcher and a couple pixel files along with S9+ messenger. This is more of an open project.

Forth, If you are a dev interesting and making your own custom system image, message me and I will tell you the ways of this magic.

NOW FOR THE GOOD PART!

This ROM currently contains the stock Pixel launcher, a couple new /etc/sysconfig pixel files, and the S9 messenger. Knox still works and so does Saftey Net. This has yet to be debloated.

To install it:
    1. Go to download mode and flash the file install BL.tar with Modded Odin, all files will be linked in like post 2 or 3, I don't know.
    2. Reboot back into download and flash the system.tar (names may vary) in the AP slot with the options reparation and NAND erase all selected, you will also need to use the pit file there. This step will say fail in Odin but that's good.
    3. Reboot BACK to download mode and flash the CRB9 AP, BL, and CP. In between the system flashing and this step, hit reset at the bottom of Odin to reset the options.
    4. Let the phone reboot. It will boot loop, that's good. Now go to recovery and let this boot loop. It will say something about a cache error, that's perfect.
    5. From recovery go to download mode, it might be difficult and you may get to upload mode, just keep holding the keys until you get there. Now flash the CSC file.
    6. After flashing CSC you should be in recovery, now clear data and cache. Hit reboot the system or whatever and you should be good!
    7. Enjoy whatever is in the ROM because I assume some people are going to link back here at some point.

THANKS to @me2151 for finding this and telling me how to do it and such
    How to mod it yourself!

This is a little thing on how to mod it yourself.

You need to download the system for the device, just use the one I have above. Then you need to mount it in Linux using the command sudo mount -o loop system.img.ext4 folder name. This should mount as an r/w. I did it in Kali Linux and didn't have issues while Ubuntu did some funky stuff. Then you mod the systems normally like making a ROM. Whenever you mod something you need to set the proper permissions with chmod and context with sudo setfattr -n security.selinux -v u:eek:bject_r:system_file:s0 filename. You might need to install attr to get it. Then once you're done, unmount with sudo umount folder name and then add it to a .tar file without any compression and flash it in Odin like the instructions. Just use your system instead of mine. If you make it and post it, just credit me2151 and me (mweinbach).
    Told yall i was sitting on it til oreo release