[ROM][G950U/W][V2/V5_Bootloader][EDL_Method][7.0] DREAM ROM BRB1 V1.0[Mar 08, 2019]

Search This thread

81jellis

Jul 6, 2017
Last edited:

81jellis

Jul 6, 2017
Is their any fix to my phone being stuck in edl if their isn't I'm going to buy a used motherboard I was wondering if I could get another board that's easier to root do you have any suggestions on that or can I mix two different model s8s. Thanks in advance

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
I need stock firmware for a t mobile on v5 I'm stuck and can't get the engineer crap to go away I cashed stock firmware on Odin yesterday and no luck

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

I need stock firmware for T-Mobile v5 I'm stuck on the engineering boot

theres probably 100s of methods to get it

afaneh92

Account currently disabled
Jul 31, 2012
Is their any fix to my phone being stuck in edl if their isn't I'm going to buy a used motherboard I was wondering if I could get another board that's easier to root do you have any suggestions on that or can I mix two different model s8s. Thanks in advance
What is your bootloader version?

81jellis

Jul 6, 2017
If the EDL files in op didnt help check this thread
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s8/development/root-t3904613
And some screenshots are welcomed

ive tried that method too. im stuck in edl phone will not do anything i ran the recovery in terimal and it says finished still wont let me reboot at all. any suggestions would be a big help im sure there is something im not doing right i just dont know what it is i will try to get a screenshot on my computer now

afaneh92

Account currently disabled
Jul 31, 2012
ive tried that method too. im stuck in edl phone will not do anything i ran the recovery in terimal and it says finished still wont let me reboot at all. any suggestions would be a big help im sure there is something im not doing right i just dont know what it is i will try to get a screenshot on my computer now

Did you tried to reboot using power + vol down for a 7 seconds!

Reactions: 81jellis

81jellis

Jul 6, 2017
Well idk really what it was but I ran recovery terminal for the 100th time it seems like and my my phone finally accepted it. Back working again. Thanks for for help

Reactions: TheMadScientist

car.nino13

Nov 17, 2019
Recovery ROM SM-G955U / SM-G955U1

how can I flash an S8 SM-G955U that a ROM of the SM-G955U1 was installed. Now trying to put a rom shows Fail Odin. I can do EDL method and get into Odin download mode, but every time I try to flash ODIN System Check error. Can your method help me recover the device?

the phone is Binary 6

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
how can I flash an S8 SM-G955U that a ROM of the SM-G955U1 was installed. Now trying to put a rom shows Fail Odin. I can do EDL method and get into Odin download mode, but every time I try to flash ODIN System Check error. Can your method help me recover the device?

the phone is Binary 6
Same as other post check the thread for 955 not 950u

car.nino13

Nov 17, 2019
Re instal ROM SM-G955U/U1

Same as other post check the thread for 955 not 950u

Thanks for your quick response.

I read the title but I thought it would be something similar just using the specific ROM for my model.

In this same site I found the steps for my specific model but it doesn't work for me.

I am following the instructions in the post [Root] [SM-G955U / U1] [SM-G955W] [Snapdragon] [V6_Bootloader] [EDL_Method] [Safestrap] written by @jrkruse.

I had worked and rescue my SM-G955U with ROM SM-G955U1, but I did not know that it is not necessary to update from the cell phone but from odin and when updating it it remained on samsung screen. and got locked.
So I did the same thing about the post again but this time it didn't work anymore.
Everything seems to do it after EDL loads the download odin method but after everything I try to flash it gives me an error fail of odin just before finishing the system step.

Odin mode download data shows me the following:

CARRIER:
RPMB fuse blown
RPMB PROVISIONED
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: CUSTOM
FRP LOCK: ON
WARRANTY VOID: 0X0
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
RP SWREV: B6 (2,1,1,1,1) K5 S6
SECURE DOWNLOAD: ENABLE
DID: 205EC4E21 ...

Dash_k

Jun 26, 2018
My bandwidth is super slow lol.[/QUOTE]

OK ..take your time..
Common problem
... Waiting...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the DREAM ROM!

Disclaimer1: Your warranty is now void!
    I am not responsible if you brick your phone. or kill your sd card!
    I cannot be held responsible for smoke, fire, water, or other natural disasters.
    So please READ the entire OP!

Disclaimer2: Always make a backup first!! Flash at your own risk!
    Clean install is always recommended, but at minimum make sure you wipe!

ROM FEATURES
    - Based on G950USQS2BRB1.
    - Fully De-odexed.
    - Rooted.
    - BusyBox.
    - Little Debloated.
    - Samsung Knox Removed.
    - Safestrap v4.08 B02

Installation:
    EDL METHOD:
    1. Make sure phone is plugged into computer and run Reboot_EDL.cmd phone will reboot to a black screen.
    2. Make sure device installed on computer as Qualcomn 9008 device as EDL.jpeg shows and note the com port number.
    3. Run Recover_System.exe you will have to input your com port number it should tell you the com number in command prompt dialog at the top.
    - If it does not tell you you are probably not connected correctly.
    4. Enter the number when it ask you not the COM letters just the number.
    - The process will take awhile and may seem to hang for a few minutes just let it go unless it hangs for hours.
    5. When process complete on command window force reboot to Download Mode using combo (Bixby + Volume Down + Power @ Same time).
    6. In odin flash BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_G950U_V2/V5.tar.md5 based on your bootloader version.
    7. Boot into safestrap and wipe data.
    8. Reboot.

SAFESTRAP:
    1. Extract the system.img from the EDL 7z file and push to sdcard.
    2. Reboot to safestrap recovery.
    3. Go to install section and select img, choose the system.img from the file picker.
    4. Flash to system.
    5. Wipe data.
    6. Reboot.

Downloads:
    Android File Host

Thanks to:
    @jrkruse & @klabit87 for all kinds of stuff.
    @Kamrys for the V5 EDL files.
    @me2151
    @partcyborg
    @elliwigy
    @tytydraco
    @mweinbach
    @SamGuy2020
    @SuperR. for SuperR's Kitchen
    @Chainfire For SuperSU.
    @Stericson For BusyBox.
    Samsung for the locked bootloader.
    me.
    V2 not tested as Im on V5 bootloader
    Do we have to follow from step 1 and then flash rom?
    Or we can boot into safestrap and flash TWRP as I already have EDL safestrap as per Jrkruse post
    Thanks

folow from step 1.
    if you want flashable zip from safestrap recovery its uploading and will post the instruction when finished.
    Sounds cool, just when things was getting boring for the s8, OP, just curious how did you deodex your framework, I have been able to deodex with assyad kitchen but will only boot with the boot folder in framework?

I made this ROM long time ago, I remember that I used superR's kitchen!
    Will check later.