[ROM][G95xF/D][8.0] GoogleWiz {Pixelize your S8} END-OF-LIFE[CRJ5]

Search This thread

Titn1ck

Nov 12, 2017
Download official Oreo from Sammy's and flash it with Odin. Than install TWRP - also with Odin, boot to TWRP, flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0, format data, reboot to twrp, do all the wipes, install GoogleWiz.

No man, I wish it were that simple. If i simply try to flash official oreo through odin, on normal odin it fails, when I use prince comsy's it completes it vert fast and says pass, but doesn't really change a thing apart from making the phone restart back into pie. I think I need to downgrade modem and bootloader or something like what is CL1 or CL3 i have no clue.. :/

AndrzejDwo

May 26, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy S5
No man, I wish it were that simple. If i simply try to flash official oreo through odin, on normal odin it fails, when I use prince comsy's it completes it vert fast and says pass, but doesn't really change a thing apart from making the phone restart back into pie. I think I need to downgrade modem and bootloader or something like what is CL1 or CL3 i have no clue.. :/

Hmmm... It was that simple for me with latest normal odin. Of course you need to do full install.

tsky7

Feb 26, 2019
On the first site of the thread there is a Download for the Oreo Bootloader just download and flash it via Twrp and you can Boot the Rom

StephanBis

Jan 4, 2019
YouTube keeps crashing since I updated to v92, just updated to v93 and still crashing. Is this a known issue?
Besides that the public wifi login dialog is still not working in v93, I thought the fix would be included in the next release?

Last edited:

k4piii

May 4, 2014
I was thinking about trying it myself, how is it compared to this one and why does it suck ? thanks in advance :D

Id remember if I answer your question properly, but here is the deal, LIOS15 have so many issues right now, no aod, it take so long to display the lockscreen after you press the button, no sensitive pressure button, no bixby button, and over all many more issues.

I mean that rom is super simple and maybe in future releases could be better but it is unusable for a daily driver.

Also I have already install xposed and other few tweaks, on lios could be very unstable, so your choise to try

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Humm that's annoying. I'm not sure where it comes from. Either it's from the full immersive or the keyboard I think. I personally use gboard and none immersive. I don't seem the have this issue. You can try changing one or the other and see which one cause the problem.

Correction : I thought there was still a setting for immersive. I don't know when foobar removed it. What did you use then? The blacknavbar setting?

At the end of build.prop I use this code line

qemu.hw.mainkeys = 1

Completely remove the navbar, but I use xposed edge instead. But the keyboard is super annoying when commenting

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Tonight, while sitting in a crappy hotel room that smells cigarette.. I tried to find a fix for the annoying captive portal login that wasn't showing up on public wifi. Try this patch guys and let me know if it fixes it.

Flash with TWRP over any versions of GoogleWiz.

Download:
https://github.com/mabelisle/GoogleWiz/releases/download/Patch-v93/CLfix.zip

It mess it up the xposed module, and since I was using

qemu.hw.mainkeys = 1

And xposed edge didn't work I was kind a stuck.

I reinstall the xposed module and xposed edge again but I am not sure if the pop up from wifi is still working, I will keep you updated

raj.ayush78

Oct 29, 2017
Id remember if I answer your question properly, but here is the deal, LIOS15 have so many issues right now, no aod, it take so long to display the lockscreen after you press the button, no sensitive pressure button, no bixby button, and over all many more issues.

I mean that rom is super simple and maybe in future releases could be better but it is unusable for a daily driver.

Also I have already install xposed and other few tweaks, on lios could be very unstable, so your choise to try

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

At the end of build.prop I use this code line

qemu.hw.mainkeys = 1

Completely remove the navbar, but I use xposed edge instead. But the keyboard is super annoying when commenting

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

It mess it up the xposed module, and since I was using

qemu.hw.mainkeys = 1

And xposed edge didn't work I was kind a stuck.

I reinstall the xposed module and xposed edge again but I am not sure if the pop up from wifi is still working, I will keep you updated
Use assistant menu in accessibility if u get stuck like that

G

GuestK00202

I'm on pie already via Odin.
Can I revert back to this oreo rom? So far this is the best debkoated I've used since

Arkclipse

May 3, 2019
I've been using this Rom for about a month now and I'm loving it. However I have yet to get the camera to work.

Opening the camera gives me the "Warning, Camera Failed".

I've tried a new clean flash of the Rom and that hasn't helped.

I'm fairly new to all this and am not sure where to start debugging this issue. I've spent ages reading through this thread but whenever I find people with the same issue the convosations ends without a solution posted.

Any help and advice with this issue would be great!

AndrzejDwo

May 26, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy S5
I've been using this Rom for about a month now and I'm loving it. However I have yet to get the camera to work.

Opening the camera gives me the "Warning, Camera Failed".

I've tried a new clean flash of the Rom and that hasn't helped.

I'm fairly new to all this and am not sure where to start debugging this issue. I've spent ages reading through this thread but whenever I find people with the same issue the convosations ends without a solution posted.

Any help and advice with this issue would be great!

There is a solution for the camera problem, I can't remember exactly but it was something like dirtyflash v82 and the latest build on it. So now it would be - flash v93, Dirtyflash v82, Dirtyflash v93. I remember it was a solution for some.
Cheers

Edit: here you have it, one from many.
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s8/sam...iz-oreo-extreme-debloat-t3750641/post78208205

Last edited:
Reactions: jotacorredor

Arkclipse

May 3, 2019
There is a solution for the camera problem, I can't remember exactly but it was something like dirtyflash v82 and the latest build on it. So now it would be - flash v93, Dirtyflash v82, Dirtyflash v93. I remember it was a solution for some.
Cheers

Amazing just tried this and works no issues! After all that time of looking into some very deep dev stuff the fix was so easy. Cheers!

AndrzejDwo

May 26, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy S5
Amazing just tried this and works no issues! After all that time of looking into some very deep dev stuff the fix was so easy. Cheers!

Great to hear. I'm glad that I could help you out. Enjoy the ROM! It's the best Oreo ever! ;) I would be really grateful if someone would create Pie ROM as smooth and snappy as this oreo is.

Cheers

AndrzejDwo

May 26, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy S5
Hi guys! I've got something for those saying that it's impossible to get back to GoogleWiz from PIE. I came back straight from latest HadesRom v6 to GoogleWiz v93 without doing anything!
I went to recovery, backup my HadesRom, wipe data, system, cache, dalvik and flashed this ROM. After reboot I was very surprised that it's working without a blink! Whole system is as fast as it used to be and everything is working! Even camera! Here you have some screenshots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190504-132013.jpg
    Screenshot_20190504-132013.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 521
  • Screenshot_20190504-131756_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190504-131756_Settings.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 518
  • Screenshot_20190504-132009.jpg
    Screenshot_20190504-132009.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 517
  • Screenshot_20190504-131738_Camera.jpg
    Screenshot_20190504-131738_Camera.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 494
Reactions: jotacorredor

Puremin0rez

Dec 8, 2010
Chicago
dethemium.com
Hi guys! I've got something for those saying that it's impossible to get back to GoogleWiz from PIE. I came back straight from latest HadesRom v6 to GoogleWiz v93 without doing anything!
I went to recovery, backup my HadesRom, wipe data, system, cache, dalvik and flashed this ROM. After reboot I was very surprised that it's working without a blink! Whole system is as fast as it used to be and everything is working! Even camera! Here you have some screenshots.

Out of curiosity, what ROM do you use nowadays? Or do you still use GoogleWiz?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    272px-Google_2015_logo.svg.png
    Wiz *** Pixelize your Galaxy S8

"Extreme debloat: Go where Samsung has never gone before"

*** Development of this ROM has stopped *** (reason: switched to One+ device)

This is an extremely debloated Samsung oreo rom with absolutely minimal Samsung functionality mimicing the look and feel of a Google pixel. The basic apps (dialer, messaging, contacts, gallery, keyboard) are from Google. ROM works on G950F (S8) and G955F (S8+) (I only tested S8 as I do not own an S8+). Should work on SM-950FD as well as reported in https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=75844308&postcount=332. Personally I very much like the Samsung phones/hardware but I am not so fond of the software and bloatware. If you want Samsung stuff, stop reading, press the BACK button on your browser, and use another ROM !!!

Upfront "warning"
    This ROM is integrated with (a) the NX kernel and (b) a slightly patched version of Magisk. Flashing another kernel on this ROM might BREAK things. Same holds for Magisk. I always use the latest versions of the kernel / Magisk in the new releases so there is no need to upgrade kernel / Magisk yourself. You have no benefit whatsoever in doing that anyway.

Features
    The ROM contains (only) the following Samsung applications: Settings (you can't get rid of this), Camera (because it uses all hardware capabilities of the phone at best); camera patched to use Google Photos as "gallery"; camera can be removed via the googlewiz.config file (see below), Lockscreen & AOD (Always On Display), Fingerprint & iris scanning, Blue light filter (optional), Smartmanager (optional).

What is NOT in the ROM
    I have left out loads of stuff ... mainly because I don't use these features ... and/or they are Samsung specific. Don't ask me to integrate Samsung specific features because I won't: Samstuff stuff (all left out), Live wallpapers, Wear and Gear (but read further below please), Multiwindow, Clearcover, Edge, Docking, DEX, No call recording for now, Samsung dual messenger, VoIP (wifi calling) and VoLTE (but read further below for VoLTE), ...

Telegram
    No telegram group; I don't have time for that, so stop asking please.

Bootloaders
    See post #2 below; https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=75590991&postcount=2

Changelog
    See post #3 below; https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=75591002&postcount=3

Hints & tips
    See post #4 below; https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=75591011&postcount=4

(Re)Using this work
    Other devs, please feel free to (re)use this for your own work ... I am not asking anything from anybody, no donation, no thanks, no beer ;) ... you don't even have to mention that you (re)use this. We are here on XDA to share and learn from eachother.

Disclaimer
    I will try to support questions / feedback. I will not answer questions such as "Can you please add Samsung feature X,Y,Z" ... I have deliberately removed them. If you want Samsung, go and use a Samsung ROM. There are instructions further down on how to create your own variant of the ROM so you can do this yourself if you want to add stuff. I will not answer PMs (don't have time to look at them). I have attached also a bash script (as .txt file). This is the script which I personally use to generate the ROM starting from a standard Samsung system.img. If you are a DEV, you can study this to see how I create this ROM. Again, feel free to (re)use. The usual applies: no warranty, installing this will trip KNOX, install at your own risk, ... I am not responsible for soft or hard bricks. Your phone must have TWRP to install this ROM. If your phone is bricked, your best guess is to try and flash the ORIGINAL Samsung firmware with Odin. Do repeat{ search, read }.

Download (multiple versions):
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=239365 (up to release v65). Files are called: googlewiz_oreo_vXX.zip.
    As of release v66, ROM has been uploaded to mega.nz: see https://mega.nz/#F!WUQ2DYpJ!5l3fVDpoXSdHO8p2IfKCvA
    See post #3 for a changelog. Please read it as it may answer some of your questions.

Theming
    ROM has no Samsung themestore. Install Substratum (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=projekt.substratum) and a samsung compatible substratum theme (e.g. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brit.swiftblack.layers)

Splash screen
    To make your phone more "GoogleWiz", try the google splash screen. See: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=75714051&postcount=189
    WARNING: ONLY FOR G950F !!! Do *NOT* flash this on other models; your phone WILL go into soft brick - I warned you.

Other stuff
    For heart rate / stress monitor: install SHealth (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.android.app.shealth) from the play store.

Known bugs / issues
    • "Game" battery saving mode is not working (due to Samsung stuff removed from ROM); will FC settings app
    • Device encryption will not work (as it relies on Samsung KNOX which has been fully removed
    • Android for work will not function
    • Advanced functions in settings: most of them don't work
    • On a clean install, first screen might show a Magisk error, just ignore it
    Installation
    Make sure first that "OEM unlock" is enabled in your developer settings (if you don't understand what this means then this ROM is not for you).
    Make sure to flash the Oreo bootloader (see post #2) if you come from Nougat.
    - click WIPE and then FORMAT DATA (do this ONCE when you come from Nougat) => then reboot into TWRP
    - Wipe /system, /data and /cache (for a normal clean install)
    - put the googlewiz_oreo_vXX.zip onto your /sdcard
    - wipe data, system, dalvik, cache
    - flash bootloader (if you come from Nougat)
    - flash ROM
    - reboot

Please mention the device and release you are on when reporting bugs.

ROM updates
    The ROM only touches the /system partition. ROM does not update bootloader, nor modem (baseband). Most ROM updates can be dirty flashed except when the release notes mention clearly that you need to do a clean install (in that case, wipe your /data). Instructions for flashing a modem can be found in: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=77759235&postcount=3196

Adblocking
    For adblocking without AdAway (everywhere: both in browser and apps) do the following:
    > adb shell
    # su
    # hl

The "hl" command will replace the hosts file with a huge (> 200000) hosts which refer to IP address 0.0.0.0; this will make ads go away in your browser and applications. No ad-blocking app is required. If you want to restore the original hosts file, use the command "hs" (ads will come back then). The "hl" command is agressive; some web pages or apps might not work properly. To use a less aggressive ad blocking use the command "hm" (this uses a hosts file similar to adaway without having the need to install that app).

/etc/init.d, /etc/services.d and /sdcard/init.d
    /etc/init.d scripts are running once /data is mounted; do not rely on any Android functionality in those scripts as Android is not fully initialized when these scripts run. Use /etc/services.d if you want to rely on Android functionality; scripts in /etc/services.d are ran later than /etc/init.d; see post https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76901055&postcount=1771 for more details. You can put user scripts on /sdcard/init.d/; they will be ran last.

Writeable /system partition
    Use "sysrw" and "sysro" in an adb shell to make the /system partition writeable/read-only; note that Magik's safeynet will NOT work if the /system partition is writeable (this is normal behavior).

Building a variant of this ROM
    Attached (linux; bash) script gives you a clue of how the ROM was created starting from a stock system.img ext4 image file from Samsung.

Kernel
    This ROM uses NX kernel and optimizations tightly coupled to it. Installing another kernel may have all sorts of side effects which I will not support you with. You have been warned.

Screenshots
    Screenshots in attach. Black screenshots taken from my own fully installed phone, after theming with substratum (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=projekt.substratum) and using the following theme: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brit.swiftblack.layers. All launcher screenshots (except the last one) are with the Nova launcher. Last screenshot shows the Google Pixel launcher.

Configurable installer
    You can remove apps from the ROM and do some customizations. Create a simple text file with the content below. The file must be called "googlewiz.config". You should push it via adb onto /sdcard BEFORE installation. Then install the ROM via TWRP. The installer will read this file and remove the google apps which have "=0". There should be no spaces, i.e. "clock=1" instead of "clock = 1". I think you get the idea. It's not rocket science. If the file is not on /sdcard, everything remains in the ROM (with Nova as launcher and Swiftkey as keyboard). This config mechanis is very simple, avoids aroma, and still allows a bit of configuration. So as an absolute minimum (assuming you remove all above) you will have in your app drawer: Messaging, Camera, Contacts, Photos, Settings, Magisk, Nova Google Companion, Nova settings, Play Store, Swiftkey, Phone. (Nova Google companion icon will go away once clicked and OK).
    Code:
    clock=1 
    calendar=0
    filesgo=1
    search=0
    assistant=1
    print=0
    calculator=1
    mtp=0
    bluelightfilter=0
    smartmanager=1
    googlenow=0
    launcher=nova
    keyboard=swiftkey
    wallpapers=0
    iconpack=0
    adaway=0
    news=1
    tasks=0
    blacknavbar=1
    chromecast=1
    markup=0
    immersive=full
    lens=1
    icons=samsung
    camera=1
    photos=1
    mms=0
    measure=1
    gmail=0
    keep=1
    drive=0
    maps=0
    datally=0
    chrome=1
    youtube=0
    plus=1
    trips=1
    translate=1
    earth=1
    fit=0
    podcasts=0
    music=0
    trustedcontacts=1
    auto=0
    snapseed=1
    photoscanner=0
    docs=1
    slides=0
    sheets=1
    streetview=0
    mymaps=1
    musicfx=0
    googlebackup=1
    clock = Google clock; calendar = Google calendar; filesgo = Google files Go; search = Google app; assistant = Google Assistant; print = Google cloudprinter and printing framework; calculator = Google calculator; mtp = MTP connectivity to PC; bluelightfilter = Blue Light Filter; smartmanager = Device Maintenance (in Settings); googlenow = Nova companion app for Google now cards; wallpapers = Google wallpaper app; iconpack = Google pixel icon pack; adaway = Adaway; news = Google News; tasks = Google Tasks; blacknavbar = Black Nav Bar (not installed by default; set to 1 if you want it); chromecast = Google home (not installed by default; set to 1 if you want it); markup = Google markup extension to Google photos; lens = Google lens app; camera = Samsung camera; photos = Google photos; mms = MMS; measure = Google measure; gmail = Google gmail; drive = Google drive; keep = Google keep; maps = Google maps; chrome = Google chrome browser; youtube = Google youtube; plus = Google+; earth = Google earth; translate = Google translate; trips = Google trips; fit = Google fit; podcasts = Google podcasts; music = Google music; trustedcontacts = Google trusted contacts; auto = Android car mode; snapseed = Google photo editor; photoscanner = Google photo scanner; docs/slides/sheets = Google office; streetview = Google street view; mymaps = Google my maps; musicfx = Google equalizer; googlebackup = Google backup

For Nova launcher (default); put "launcher=nova" in the config file. For Google Pixel launcher, put "launcher=pixel" in the config file.
    For Swiftkey keyboard (default); put "keyboard=swiftkey" in the config file. For Google Gboard, put "keyboard=gboard" in the config file.
    Switching between keyboards across releases may cause keyboard not to work properly when you dirty flash; if you decide to switch keyboard across 2 releases, do a clean flash.

The pixel icon pack only works with Nova launcher. If you use the Pixel launcher the icon pack will not be installed (even if you have "iconpack=1" in the configuration).

Screen usage option: "immersive". Possible values are "none", "navbar" and "full". "none" means that both navbar and statusbar are always visible. "navbar" means that the navbar is not visible (swipe from the bottom of the screen to display the navbar). "full" means that both navbar AND statusbar are invisible (swipe from the top or bottom of the screen to make them visible).

The ROM uses pixel icons in the settings, statusbar, tiles, navbar; if you (really?) prefer the original Samsung icons, put "icons=samsung" in the googlewiz.config file.

If you want to know how this works, unzip the ROM and look at scripts/simpleconfig.sh. It is a very simple config mechanism which avoids a complex installer with aroma.

Configurable BIXBY key
    By default, the BIXBY ket is set to HOME: the nova launcher home screen. You can put a line in googlewiz.config: "bixby=X" with X being one off {HOME, BACK, CAMERA, CONTACTS, MESSAGE, CALL, SEARCH, CALENDAR, APP_SWITCH, SCREENSHOT, ASSISTANT}

example: "bixby=CAMERA" or "bixby=CALENDAR"

If you put "bixby=NONE" the bixby key remains unbound. This should allow 3rd party button remappers to work.

Code:
    HOME = Nova launcher home screen
    BACK = go one step back (same as back key in navbar)
    CAMERA = open camera; once in the camera pressing the bixby key takes a picture
    CONTACTS = open Google Contacts app
    MESSAGE = open Google Messaging app
    CALL = open Google Phone app
    SEARCH = perform search in the current application
    CALENDAR = open Google Calendar
    APP_SWITCH = open screen where you can switch between running apps (same as "recents" key in navbar)
    SCREENSHOT = take a screenshot
    ASSISTANT = Google assistant (of course will not work if you have "assistant=0" in your googlewiz.config)
    NONE = do not bind the bixby key; should allow 3rd party remappers to work

VoLTE
    Many people ask for VoLTE. I can't do it properly ... sorry ... not for now ... my provider does NOT support VoLTE ... which means that I cannot test anything. In addition, VoLTE is CSC specific configuration and all CSC config has been currently removed from the ROM. It is tricky to bring this back into the ROM ... especially if I cannot test anything. I would just be working in total darkness. Please understand this. If there is a DEV wiling to help let me know. However, see post: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=77598885&postcount=2888 and post https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=77597891&postcount=2885, these might give some hints to try and make it work.

Good news: Some people have VoLTE running; see the following posts; thanks to @meldrak and @kuduku
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=77663720&postcount=2966
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=77669115&postcount=2984

Android wear and Samsung gear
    Android wear is not working. Same point as for VoLTE. I do not own a wear device which means that I cannot test anything. If there is a DEV wiling to help I can explain what to try. Samsung gear is working but you need to flash additional package on top of the ROM; see post https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76412043&postcount=1102. I have not personally tested this (as I don't own a device); but user zoltain73 tested it (https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76417301&postcount=1120).

Live wallpapers
    No live wallpapers in the ROM. However, if you really want this, flash the package attached to the following post: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76887206&postcount=1752

Bluetooth and audio
    Some users are reporting bluetooth audio issues with Bose headsets. Enable developer settings and set the bluetooth audio coded to SBC. Check again if audio works.

Google ChromeCast
    Screen mirroring to a Google ChromeCast works out of the box. You need to install the Google Home app (put "chromecast=1" in the googlewiz.config file before installing the ROM). If you really(?) want Samsung's mirror link, flash the zip file attached to post https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=77390484&postcount=2610.

Google Pay
    Google Pay confirmed working (of course your bank/card has to support it). See https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78057564&postcount=3716

Credits
    XDA:DevDB Information
    GoogleWiz, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S8

Contributors
    foobar66
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-03-17
    Last Updated <today>
    Changelog
    For older releases ... see attached txt file.

v76 (2018-09-03):
    - update: Google photos
    - update: Google play services
    - update: Google messaging
    - update: Google gmail
    - update: Google clock
    - update: Google app
    - update: Google contacts
    - update: Google dialer
    - update: Google messaging
    - update: Google maps
    - update: Google gboard
    - update: Swiftkey
    - update: Samsung AOD
    - update: Samsung camera
    - update: Magisk manager
    - update: Magisk v17 (safetynet should be working again)
    - new: Google youtube (put "youtube=0" in googlewiz.config if you don't want it)
    - new: Google plus (put "plus=0" in googlewiz.config if you don't want it)
    - corrected multiple recurring errors in logcat

v77 (2018-09-06):
    - update: Google clock
    - update: Google youtube
    - update: Google chrome
    - update: Google plus
    - update: Google play store
    - update: Google gboard
    - update: Google drive
    - update: Google news
    - new: Google trips (put "trips=0" in googlewiz.config if you do not want this app)
    - new: Google translate (put "translate=0" in googlewiz.config if you do not want this app)
    - new: Google earth (put "earth=0" in googlewiz.config if you do not want this app)
    - new: Google fit (put "fit=0" in googlewiz.config if you do not want this app)
    - new: Google podcasts (put "podcasts=0" in googlewiz.config if you do not want this ap)
    - new: Google PDF viewer
    - update: Samsung device maintenance
    - update: busybox (1.29.2)
    - updated 'dss' script updated and now also disables useless activities and knox/tima receivers
    - fix Magisk installer re-installing apk to /data/app

v78 (2018-09-10):
    - update: Google fit
    - update: Google news
    - update: Google plus
    - update: Google trips
    - update: Pixel launcher
    - new: Google play music (put "music=0" in googlewiz.config if you don't want this app)
    - fix font file issues
    - disable gm downloadable fonts provider (otherwise contacts/phone app download their own fonts)
    - remove /cpefs filesystem (is empty anyway)

v79 (2018-09-15):
    - update: Google drive
    - update: Google calendar
    - update: Google datally
    - update: Google measure
    - update: AOD
    - fix missing Clock2017R.ttf font file & AOD font for clock widget selection
    - add device idle control boot script
    - further build.prop tweaks

v81 (2018-07-21):
    - update: Google webview
    - update: Google earth
    - update: Google keep
    - update: Magisk manager
    - changes to camera-feature-v7.xml file
    - update: NX kernel R17

v82 (2018-09-28):
    - update: Google: drive, lens, news, youtube, chromecast, pixel launcher, calendar, photos, playstore, calculator, ARcore, search app, play services, translate, maps, gboard
    - update: AOD
    - update: Magisk 17.2

v83 (2018-10-05):
    - update: Google: maps, translate, play store, dialer, messaging, photos, music, plus, youtube, drive, keyboard, drive, play store, calendar, dialer
    - add init.d script for scsi cache control
    - trim caches during boot
    - disable the lookup logic involved with IO merging requests
    - optimize read/write wakeup thresholds
    - small wifi optimization
    - gps.conf file update
    - updates to LS99sysctl script
    - moved ramdisk patches into init.d scripts
    - extra clean script at boot time
    - set swap to ON by default

Previous releases had swap disabled. I have re-enabled it at the cost of a small performance penalty. But apps should be held longer in memory. If you want to disable swap, then put "swap=0" in the googlewiz.config file and reboot.

It should be possible as of this release to install another kernel.
    I have only tried with the stock kernel.
    After flashing a kernel you will loose root. You must reflash the file Magisk.zip (this is included in the ROM in the directory called "root"). Unzip the ROM zip file and you will see that directory.

v84 (2018-10-13):
    - update: Google: calendar, news, youtube, contacts, playstore, app, chromecast, clock, AR core, maps
    - update: Pixel icon pack
    - update: Samsung device management
    - update: Contacts provider
    - new: Google trusted contacts
    - remove boost script for interactive governor
    - some systl settings finetuning
    - move overlays to /system/vendor/overlay/
    - October security update (base: G950FXXS4CRIA)

v85 (2018-10-18):
    - update: Google: earth, play store, contacts, news, chromecast, messaging, keep, youtube, translate, chrome, plus
    - a bit of debloat
    - fix bug with "icons=samsung" not properly deleting overlays
    - new base: G950FXXU4CRJ5

v86 (2018-10-22):
    - update: Google: play store, messaging, translate, search, play services, webview
    - update: Magisk manager 6.0.1
    - update: Magisk 17.3
    - new: Google auto, Google voice action services
    - build.prop updates
    - updates to LS99sysctl, LS99cleaner scripts
    - improve installation script
    - improve script for integrating APKs from /data to /system

v87 (2018-10-28):
    - update: Google: music, messaging, play services, datally, chromecast, search, contacts, lens
    - new: Google Snapseed, Google Photoscan, Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets, Google Streetview
    - use Google Sans as system font
    - Pixel 3 sounds, notifications, ringtones
    - enable Google Photos preload feature (from Pixel)
    - enable Google Lens in Google Assistant
    - fixed 'bixby=NONE' option (was not working in previous releases)
    - At boot time the following properties are "reset" from the standard build.prop:
    ro.product.model=Pixel 2 XL
    ro.product.brand=Google
    ro.product.manufacturer=Google
    - The following features are set:
    <feature name="com.google.android.apps.photos.PIXEL_2018_PR ELOAD" />
    <feature name="com.google.preload_photos" />
    - Google Photos app will think you are a pixel phone and give unlimited free storage at original quality until 16/01/2021.

v88 (2018-11-04):
    - update: Google: search, voice actions, streetview, chromecast, calendar, chrome, lens, youtube, pay, maps, tasks, translate, AR core, calendar provider, gmail, gboard, webview
    - improve mechanism for setting bixby key
    - disable dialog with safe volume warning (not 100% that this will always work)
    - update dss script with additional services to disable
    - build.prop changes (remove duplicates and redefines)
    - further debloat (allshare and multiwindow libraries + permissions)
    - remove empty directories from ROM

v89 (2018-11-09):
    - update: Google: streetview, play services, drive, news, cloud print, photos, sheets, docs, slides, gboard, youtube, translate, gmail, keep, AR core
    - optimize all ROM XML files (remove comments, whitespace, empty tags)
    - remove applock from advanced settings
    - New: Google musicfx

v90 (2018-11-20):
    - update: Google: pay, play store, dialer, maps, files, news, dialer, photos, chromecast, calendar, contacts, slides, messaging, play services, youtube, search, plus, trips, chrome
    - update: Samsung camera (v8), CMHprovider
    - update: dss script for disabling services
    - new: PixelBridge app (for Rootless Pixel Launcher left swipe)
    - camera supports taking selfie by touching heart rate sensor (enable in camera settings)
    - change in build.prop for Google Backup to work
    - add /system/bin/bmgr to interact with backup manager via cmd line
    - fixes for Google Backup
    - pixel style navbar instead of AOSP
    - November security update (G950FOXM4CRK1)

v91 (2018-12-23):
    - December security update
    - NX kernel R18
    - Various Google app updates
    Miscellaneous, Hints & Tips
    Speed up Nova launcher
    Open Nova settings, Look & Feel, then set "Scroll speed" and "Animation speed" to "Faster than light".

Google Assistant
    Google assistant only works with English/UK as main language and you must have internet connection.

Google now cards (see attached picture)
    Swipe from home screen left border to display Google card feed (enable in Nova settings > Integrations > Google Now Page; also open the Google search app to initialize it). After a reboot, the first swipe will show an empty screen, just tick on the search bar to make the cards appear.

Google Lens photo analysis
    Google Lens photo analysis is supported from the photos app but only if your language is set to English. Read this: https://support.google.com/photos/answer/7539151?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Android. To make lens work with other languages, look at post https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76528084&postcount=1280

Google Lens app
    As of v53 the ROM also support early versions of the Google Lens app; I have the impression it is not 100% stable. I guess Google is rolling it out to get user feedback so that the AI machine learning algorithms can be trained with more and better data.

Google cloud printing
    The Google cloud printer is included in the ROM; this means - for example - that applications which support print function you can print a PDF file onto Google drive.

Google markup
    Google markup is a small photo editor which allows you to draw on a photo. To use it, open the photos app, click on a photo, then on the menu with 3 dots in the upper right corner and "Edit with markup". It's handy for marking something on a screenshot. Note that the share button in the markup app does not work. This comes from Android P developer preview 2.
    v83 (2018-10-05):
    - update: Google: maps, translate, play store, dialer, messaging, photos, music, plus, youtube, drive, keyboard, drive, play store, calendar, dialer
    - add init.d script for scsi cache control
    - trim caches during boot
    - disable the lookup logic involved with IO merging requests
    - optimize read/write wakeup thresholds
    - small wifi optimization
    - gps.conf file update
    - updates to LS99sysctl script
    - moved ramdisk patches into init.d scripts
    - extra clean script at boot time
    - set swap to ON by default

Previous releases had swap disabled. I have re-enabled it at the cost of a small performance penalty. But apps should be held longer in memory. If you want to disable swap, then put "swap=0" in the googlewiz.config file and reboot.

It should be possible as of this release to install another kernel.
    I have only tried with the stock kernel.
    After flashing a kernel you will loose root. You must reflash the file Magisk.zip (this is included in the ROM in the directory called "root"). Unzip the ROM zip file and you will see that directory.

https://mega.nz/#!nRh2BISa!oo_RwChVPm7InZuWr10F82X36ri8hVRjRVyWFQeebLA

If you flash v83 then you must flash the zip file in attachment on top.
    Bootloaders
    Before flashing this ROM, please make sure that you first flash the Oreo bootloader (see zip file attached to this post).
    If you want to go back from Oreo to Nougat, you must revert to the Nougat bootloader (see zip file attached to this post).
    If you accidently flash the wrong bootloader, please do not panic. Nougat ROM will not boot with a Oreo bootloader. Oreo ROM will not boot with a Nougat bootloader. If your device is stuck do the following: Press BIXBY + VOL DOWN + POWER and keep them pressed for about 10 sec. You will see a turkoise screen with a big white "Warning" on top. Press volume down. Immediately press BIXBY + VOL UP + POWER and keep them pressed until your device is back into TWRP. Now flash the proper bootloader. So, it is highly recommended that you put both zip files attached to this post on your /sdcard !!!