[ROM][G96xF/N][ALEXNDR] * Q Beta6 ZTA9 * DevBase v7.1 * Encryption support [Jan-15]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE AND/OR DATA LOSS AS A RESULT OF FLASHING THIS ROM !!!

PLEASE PERFORM FULL BACKUP IN THE MICRO SD CARD OR IN AN EXTERNAL STORAGE BEFORE YOU TRY !!!

Do you need reliability and predictability? Then better stay with THIS ROM

I have decided to create a separate thread because:
- I would like to distinguish Android Q BETA bug reports from my normal (Pie stable) thread, mentioned above
- It is normal that there will be definitely much more "bad reports" here, because most of them will be "beta related"

This thread will be closed when Samsung will release stable Android Q (One UI 2.0)

Everything you will need to know about DevBase ROM in general - you will find in my stable thread (mentioned above)

Differences comparing to stable Oreo DevBase ROM:
- No AppLock (yet)

S9 (SM-G960F/DS/FD):

S9+ (SM-G965F/DS/FD):

S9 Korean (SM-G960N):
>> [nobody sent me a dump yet] <<

S9+ Korean (SM-G965N):

Dirty flash over my Pie DevBase ROM SHOULD WORK WITHOUT ISSUES but before you try - I would highly recommend you to set default (stock) theme and default (stock) icons !!! However - I would recommend you clean install (Wipe -> Swipe to Factory Reset is enough)

NOTE1: This time it is mandatory to update also bootloader to Q - otherwise ROM will not boot

NOTE2: If you want to perform clean install with encryption - it is highly recommended to use TWRP 3.2.3.0 to format /data. More info about bug with TWRP 3.3.1.x - HERE

Known issues:
- SafetyNet does not pass (it is intended by Samsung in beta builds)
- Please let me know :)

Thanks to:
- all users mentioned in my main thread
- @henklbr for links to update.zip(s)
- @corsicanu & @ambasadii for tips related to Q beta

Last edited:

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Do you want to provide dump (e.g. for G960F or a newer version for G965F)?

Please do as follow:

- Make sure OEM unlock is ON
- Flash TWRP but don't let device boot to system after that - use power+bixby+vol_up combo immediately after phone rebooted automatically
- Tap "Keep read only"
- Wipe -> Format data -> "yes"
- Reboot -> Recovery
- Copy attached zip to the device
- Flash it and wait a few minutes
- Copy /sdcard/G960F_dump directory to the PC and compresss it (zip / 7z / rar / etc..)

- Share me and wait for a new Q build :)

NOTE: DO NOT use Magisk or other boot patchers before you run my zip - I need PURE clean kernel and other images !!! After you run my zip and copy result to PC - you can do what you want :)

Attachments

• universal_dump_maker.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:

Ronam

Sep 26, 2016
Budapest
I have Soldier's latest ROM on my S9+, and i want to try this ROM. I need to wipe "everything" in TWRP, and after a TWRP restart i need to flash the ROM, and after the BL, or first the BL and the ROM?

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Unable to flash magisk

Magisk is on board, there is no need to flash it separately

I have Soldier's latest ROM on my S9+, and i want to try this ROM. I need to wipe "everything" in TWRP, and after a TWRP restart i need to flash the ROM, and after the BL, or first the BL and the ROM?

First ROM, then BL (one by one). This order is recommended because BL update forces auto reboot

Last edited:

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I just found a major CSC issue in the installer (RC1) while updating device from Pie -> Q, please wait for updated version (RC2) !!! (RC1 worked fine only if your previous ROM was based on Q)

EDIT: Update will be available in less than one hour

Last edited:

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
What's that issue? I've had Soldier's Pie ROM before this one.

CSC just remain from Pie and CscFeatures does not work - you can dirty install RC2 to fix it

I just found a major CSC issue in the installer (RC1) while updating device from Pie -> Q, please wait for updated version (RC2) !!! (RC1 worked fine only if your previous ROM was based on Q)

EDIT: Update will be available in less than one hour

Just updated to RC2 :cool:

Please re-download the ZIP file and re-flash the ROM

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Last edited:

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Iam on beta4 with hotfix installed,
complete stock no root nothing. I dumped and will upload for @ambasadii.
Maybe it will help @alexndr aswell :)

Cheers.

I did it myself already (I called it beta 5), but next time I will be glad for help/dump as it is my wife's device - next time she most probably will not give me device for so long :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts