I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE AND/OR DATA LOSS AS A RESULT OF FLASHING THIS ROM !!!
PLEASE PERFORM FULL BACKUP IN THE MICRO SD CARD OR IN AN EXTERNAL STORAGE BEFORE YOU TRY !!!
Do you need reliability and predictability? Then better stay with THIS ROM
I have decided to create a separate thread because:
- I would like to distinguish Android Q BETA bug reports from my normal (Pie stable) thread, mentioned above
- It is normal that there will be definitely much more "bad reports" here, because most of them will be "beta related"
This thread will be closed when Samsung will release stable Android Q (One UI 2.0)
Everything you will need to know about DevBase ROM in general - you will find in my stable thread (mentioned above)
Differences comparing to stable Oreo DevBase ROM:
- No AppLock (yet)
Dirty flash over my Pie DevBase ROM SHOULD WORK WITHOUT ISSUES but before you try - I would highly recommend you to set default (stock) theme and default (stock) icons !!! However - I would recommend you clean install (Wipe -> Swipe to Factory Reset is enough)
NOTE1: This time it is mandatory to update also bootloader to Q - otherwise ROM will not boot
Do you want to provide dump (e.g. for G960F or a newer version for G965F)?
Please do as follow:
- Make sure OEM unlock is ON
- Flash TWRP but don't let device boot to system after that - use power+bixby+vol_up combo immediately after phone rebooted automatically
- Tap "Keep read only"
- Wipe -> Format data -> "yes"
- Reboot -> Recovery
- Copy attached zip to the device
- Flash it and wait a few minutes
- Copy /sdcard/G960F_dump directory to the PC and compresss it (zip / 7z / rar / etc..)
- Share me and wait for a new Q build
NOTE: DO NOT use Magisk or other boot patchers before you run my zip - I need PURE clean kernel and other images !!! After you run my zip and copy result to PC - you can do what you want