• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][G986U1]SamPWND.R3.v1 1ZTJA

Search This thread

elliwigy

Forum Moderator / Recognized Dev / Dev Relations
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
The ones doing the unlocking are charging 100$ or more for the "service", that is an exaggeration. I can live with my locked phone, there is no way I will give away 100$ just for that.

good for u.. y r u posting in here if ur not posting about the ROM?

BigE

Jan 25, 2007
Southern CA
I'm on the fence with unlocking.. Losing Samsung pay ( maybe not? Tweak to gain it back?) Is these COVID days is critical for me.. No need to touch things, no wallet.. Became important..

The deal breaker for me is eSIM.. Is unlocking and root allow adding an eSIM? Even if Tmobile will not support it on my S20+, traveling overseas ( some day when COVID is over) and using local carriers in Europe while having TMo sim sounds good..

So.. Is eSIM even possible on S20+ G986U/U1

elliwigy

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
I'm on the fence with unlocking.. Losing Samsung pay ( maybe not? Tweak to gain it back?) Is these COVID days is critical for me.. No need to touch things, no wallet.. Became important..

The deal breaker for me is eSIM.. Is unlocking and root allow adding an eSIM? Even if Tmobile will not support it on my S20+, traveling overseas ( some day when COVID is over) and using local carriers in Europe while having TMo sim sounds good..

So.. Is eSIM even possible on S20+ G986U/U1

no, esim is not possible at this time

omek07

Oct 15, 2007
Just flashed this last night, seems to be running beautifully, no issues so far, battery is looking good. Removed a dozen more useless apps, root is working great.

Running on a G986W with a Canadian Sim, everything seems to be working fine with my carrier (WiFi calling, LTE+...)

Thanks brother! Keep up the good work

Hello I have the same model with you .
Could you please tell me if this process trigger the KNOX?

My phone is Unlock for carrier but I don't know if that means that the bootloader is unlocked

elliwigy

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Hello I have the same model with you .
Could you please tell me if this process trigger the KNOX?

My phone is Unlock for carrier but I don't know if that means that the bootloader is unlocked

it is not bl unlocked if all u got is sim/carrier unlock as theyre two different things..

and yes, if u unlock bl and use this rom it trips knox.. u also cant use it unless ur bl is unlocked to begin with