Search This thread

Richcar

Jan 14, 2011
I'll be here waiting patiently thanks for the upcoming update love your work

Sent from my SM-T310 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Tromatic

Feb 24, 2013
Thanks for the nice ROM. Mine takes a very long time compared to my iPad or S3 to lock to the GPS signal. Is this normal for the GT3? I don't know if the stock ROM does that as well, because that only lasted as long as it took to get rid of it.

Thanks!

melliwuk

Jul 29, 2009
flashed this today

Thanks for the work, man!
About to flash it now.

Edit: Just a side note to everybody - make sure to hard reset before flashing this.. I flashed it, and tried to get away without doing it, and its almost unusable, haha. Runs like total crap, until I hard reset it now. ;)

Edit 2: Actually, I think this rom itself is what has caused my digitizer unusable.. I know it sounds stupid, but once I flashed the rom, the screen now responds for a few seconds, and then stops for a few seconds (same with touch buttons on bottom.) I've looked into it quite a bit today, and it seems like the touch panel driver has gotten corrupt, or needs to be reinitialized - which can only be done within the kernel. If none of this is making any sense, please read here (a supposed fix is on page 3, btw) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1252829 and the people in that thread are having the exact same issue that I'm having. @arshull - are you able to write something into that custom kernel that you're working on, that will clear this issue up? My tablet is useless now, haha.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

i flashed this a little while ago i "accidentally" managed to wipe my entire tablet except boot loaders and recovery and this works perfectly. could it be a problem with the digitizer itself?

melli.

büscher

Dec 13, 2010
Thanks for the nice ROM. Mine takes a very long time compared to my iPad or S3 to lock to the GPS signal. Is this normal for the GT3? I don't know if the stock ROM does that as well, because that only lasted as long as it took to get rid of it.

Thanks!

Try TopNTP from the Play store, this may fix your slow gps lock.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tromatic

Richcar

Jan 14, 2011
@ arshull how is the update coming along hope it's playing nicely.

Cpt_Chaos

Sep 3, 2008
Darmstadt
I have to say many thanks to you for developing this ROM. I got my Tab last week and within 2 days I rooted it because the Stock ROM isnt the best. I havent had any issues with this ROM and it runs smoothly. Also what helps is disabling the TouchWhiz. I am using Apex and it flows really good on this Tab.

Keep up the good work!!!!!!!

Reactions: Richcar

Lao Mayer

Sep 14, 2010
Craiova
www.importpieseauto.ro
Can anyone confirm if MHL is working? I can't get it working with a Galaxy S4 adapter.

Nevermind, it's working. The outlet I was plugging the charger to didn't work, so yes, tablets need power for the MHL to work.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warning:
    As always, flash at your own risk. I'm not responsible, in any way, for what you flash, copy, fiddle with, poke, molest or otherwise screw with on your phone or tablet....

ROM ------ GalaTab3 4.2.2 v1.1 for SM-T310 8.0 - TouchWiz ------

Features:

v13.10.5
    - UEUAMH2 JellyBean 4.2.2 Base
    - Deodexed
    - Rooted - Chainfire's SuperSU preloaded
    - BusyBox Installed
    - Int'd Support (See below for additional file that adds several great int'd tweaks)
    - Bash Script Installed
    - ZipAligned all apps
    - Zip includes the stock MH2 kernel. My modified sammy kernel is available as an option. DL link below.
    - All original apps are included. Will strip down apk's gradually as I learn which apps people use and don't
    - Left stock theme since the xposed mod and modules work so well DL xposed installer if you want to change theme
    - BuildProp tweaks
    - A few csc tweaks. Working on a major mod for future releases
    - Several other small tweaks

ROM Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?z4449f0j7udhfnd

Install Instructions:
    1) Reboot Into Recovery (TWRP Recommended)
    2) Create Nandroid/Backup
    3) Wipe Cache/Davik
    4) Install Zip
    5) Reboot
    6) Enjoy!!!!!

ADDITIONAL LINKS for Suggested Mods & Tweaks

- GalaTab3 Kernel Thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2455058

- USB Audio Mod - Download
    Flash this file to allow USB Audio functionality to work 100%. This will work in conjunction with my kernel and allow you to use external DAC's and bypass the internal audio hardware/software completely. This
    provides MUCH better sound quality and higher bitrates (depending on the DAC you choose to use).

- Xposed Installer and Modules Thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2393920
    (Thanks to rovo89 & cities516)

- ComaDose Crossbreader Int'd Tweak Pack (flash zip after installing rom) - http://www.mediafire.com/?dbdd5ig3olh4ps5
    (Thanks to Goddly)

Enjoy!!!!!!!
    @ arshull how is the update coming along hope it's playing nicely.

Hopefully I'll have something for you shortly. I've gotten side-tracked by a couple of work related items and havn't had time to devote to the kernel or ROM. I'll update everyone asap.
    Thanks for the rom. Works nice. One question. How to add more languages? For example dutch..?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk 4
    @arshull good job on the ROM. Hope you don't mind. Here's a safe list of some of the apk (apps) I removed (300+mb) from your latest deodexed ROM. Just wanted to give you idea of some apps that's not being used.
    ry2ete3e.jpg
    I'll be here waiting patiently thanks for the upcoming update love your work

Soon.....having some compiling problems bc of the modded smali files but working on a solution....