• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][GB][GRK39F] Nexus One 2.3.6 stock v2 (deodexed, rooted, busybox)

Search This thread

fireb33

Dec 1, 2010
Thank you man! But I am China, I can not go there to download. My ****ing govenment .......

I really want to get it!

I'm sorry :( Tell me a filehosting site you can reach and I'll upload it there!

Thank you fireb33 for this stable rom. Is there any chance to include Arabic language with this rom? Can you do that, please?

I'll try to add arabic support in the next update :)

Reactions: alberic000

filippogiad

Nov 8, 2010
Mestre
Is there a problem for future installs if I uninstall talkback, soundback and kickback?

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

**EDIT**
Stupid question: i backuped with titanium backup and uninstalled ;)

Last edited:

ale.landra91

Apr 29, 2011
Cuneo
Hi guys. I have a nexus one and i have a problem...I use a custom recovery with an old build of cyanogenmod (probably 7.0.1). I want to return 100% stock: recovery, kernel, and rom (i know that is impossible to lock bootloader again :( ). I found on this thread this rom: GRK39F OTA (stock vanilla - odexed, unrooted). If I flash this one from custom recovery does it replace my old rom with 2.3.6 without problem? Does it also substitute my custom recovery with stock recovery only flashing zip? Thank you very much for your help

Pikitano

Jul 20, 2010
Hi, I've bought a new microsd fwe minutes ago, to finally replace the stock 4gb in my N1. It'll be a 16GB, so I would like to try the app2sd rom version.

How it works? what should I do to use it?

AFAIK I must create an ext2/3 partition (by now I'll use the stock kernel) on my microsd, then I only need to flash the app2sd rom version and it will automatically work? let's say:
- format the microsd with a 1GB ext3 partition and 15GB fat
- put the microsd in N1 (with app2sd rom and gapps on fat partition)
- boot in recovery
- flash rom
- flash gapps
- use it, with nothing to set up
Is this the right sequence?

filippogiad

Nov 8, 2010
Mestre
Hi, I've bought a new microsd fwe minutes ago, to finally replace the stock 4gb in my N1. It'll be a 16GB, so I would like to try the app2sd rom version.

How it works? what should I do to use it?

AFAIK I must create an ext2/3 partition (by now I'll use the stock kernel) on my microsd, then I only need to flash the app2sd rom version and it will automatically work? let's say:
- format the microsd with a 1GB ext3 partition and 15GB fat
- put the microsd in N1 (with app2sd rom and gapps on fat partition)
- boot in recovery
- flash rom
- flash gapps
- use it, with nothing to set up
Is this the right sequence?

Everything is correct but:
1- you could partition your SD using your Recovery
2- It's not necessary to flash gapps, they're included in the ROM
3- Sometimes it is necessary to use A2SDGUI app (search in market) to migrate Dalvik Cache on the SD-EXT

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Hi guys. I have a nexus one and i have a problem...I use a custom recovery with an old build of cyanogenmod (probably 7.0.1). I want to return 100% stock: recovery, kernel, and rom (i know that is impossible to lock bootloader again :( ). I found on this thread this rom: GRK39F OTA (stock vanilla - odexed, unrooted). If I flash this one from custom recovery does it replace my old rom with 2.3.6 without problem? Does it also substitute my custom recovery with stock recovery only flashing zip? Thank you very much for your help

Before Flashing the rom you need to do a complete wipe of your telephone.
Flashing this rom will not substitute the recovery. installing the stock recovery will prevent you from installing ROMs.

fireb33

Dec 1, 2010
Sorry guys, I was very busy! I'm back and uploading v2 ;)

EDIT: upload finished, download in 1st post :D

I'm sure this has been asked already but when is this going to be updated to 2.3.7?

Sent from my Nexus One using xda premium

2.3.7 is for Nexus S 4G ONLY, so there won't be any 2.3.7 OTA for Nexus One

Last edited:
Reactions: Pikitano

kornball

Oct 6, 2009
If I currently have dalvik cache on sd, will flashing v2 of the ROM attempt to move it back to the phone's internal memory (since dalvik to sd is no longer the default)?

Pikitano

Jul 20, 2010
Is it useful to move Dalvik cache on SD?
How can this be done?

I know what is the pro to use app2sd, due to small space for app on our N1, but I don't know what's up moving Dalvik... =P

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
Is it useful to move Dalvik cache on SD?
How can this be done?

I know what is the pro to use app2sd, due to small space for app on our N1, but I don't know what's up moving Dalvik... =P
Dalvik can take up to 100+ mb depending on what you have installed. More space is about the only advantage. SD card is slower than internal so if you don't need space don't do it.

Reactions: Pikitano

filippogiad

Nov 8, 2010
Mestre
Try one of Ch33ky's gingerbread or oxygen kernels..... http://www.mediafire.com/ch33ky#c3cfo885e5l53,1

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

Thank you!

I've tryed with the last Ch33ky kernel and the ROM seems to be stable and fluent.
unfortunately Spirit Radio doesn't work very well(in fact it works but for some reasons only switching Bluetooth ON and it has some problems regulating volume). So i think it's not only a Kernel problem.
I think i'm going back to OxygeN1mod ;)

dihy

Jun 28, 2010
Hiya,

This rom is working great for me (along with Ch33ky's O1N kernel).

I have a weird question, when using Google Navigation, sometimes a different voice would kick in.

Voice 1: robotic, British accent, says street names.
Voice 2: more natural sounding, American accent, does not say street names.

Did you add a TTS engine to the rom?

fireb33

Dec 1, 2010
Hiya,

This rom is working great for me (along with Ch33ky's O1N kernel).

I have a weird question, when using Google Navigation, sometimes a different voice would kick in.

Voice 1: robotic, British accent, says street names.
Voice 2: more natural sounding, American accent, does not say street names.

Did you add a TTS engine to the rom?

no it's stock, picoTTS only :confused:

maybe when phone goes offline it uses pico instead of google's online speech...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nexus One GB 2.3.6 GRK39F stock v2
    HTC Passion (mahimahi)

cooked with dsixda's Android Kitchen

my other ROMs:

Nexus 4 ROM
    Galaxy Nexus ROM
    Nexus S ROM

- deodexed
    - zipaligned
    - rooted with ChainsDD's Superuser
    - insecure boot
    - DarkTremor App2SD
    - BusyBox
    - BusyBox run-parts (init.d scripts support)
    - Trackball Alert framework
    - flash_image binary
    - sysro/sysrw scripts
    - HSDPA icon
    - SIP over 3G

*supported partition filesystems: EXT2 and EXT3 (with stock kernel), EXT4 (with custom kernel)

changelog:
    Code:
    v2:
    - rebuilt from original OTA files
    - merged App2SD and normal versions
    - removed dalvik cache to SD by default
    - readded TrackBall Alert framework support
    - update Superuser to v3.0.4
    - fixed pinch-to-zoom in Gallery

v1:
    - first release!
    - built from official GRK39F OTA update

download:

GRK39F v2:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?mcp9zaq7fbf68qf

MD5: 09B79739243A35548AA67A70D5F01862

GRK39F ROOT (stock - odexed, rooted):
    http://www.mediafire.com/?2veu1lpw2ube5rf

MD5: 6F925A909A7E5EBC2208A52C7C09702C

GRK39F OTA (stock vanilla - untouched):
    http://www.mediafire.com/?j2td811dauh5tic

MD5: 35C8B4B9FD22DD4CA19C5D026E74411D

GRK39F SYSDUMP (boot.img + system.img):
    http://www.mediafire.com/?x6rbhfsz6ro8azb

MD5: 019F48AC03838648EAD648E28E44586F

download any file from default browser:

View attachment 629051 by fireb33
    2.3.6 (GRK39F) is out, please let me know if all is ok!

Same features of 2.3.4 ROM, but I removed Trackball Alert framework so framework files are almost untouched now (you can always add it using smali patch options in Trackball Alert app). I've added stock odexed and rooted version too.

No wipe needed, just flash it over and enjoy :D

EDIT: I confirm that wireless tethering still works :D
    GB Battery with %

http://www.mediafire.com/?j5w88cjwxcxs59u
    Don't forget to click Thanks button if you like it
    I just installed this firmware in place of the latest Cyanogenmod nightly. I am very impressed! This seems to be perfect thus far. best of all is the 2-3 second call delay does not seem to be present.

The things I am missing from the Cyanogenmod firmware are: quiet hours and an option to show battery percentage in the status bar. What would be really nice is if we could get the SuperCircleBatteryMod for this. Overall though this is a great daily driver.

-D

As for quiet hours, try using the app Sweet Dreams, works like a champ and for the battery status, you can use the one posted or make your own here. Just follow the directions, you'll need to unzip the ROM and extract SystemUI.apk found in /system/app folder and framework-res.apk found in /system/framework folder.

As always, remember to do a nandroid backup.
    You mean 2.3.4?