[ROM]gDux 1.1.1 MK2 UPDATED SICDARK THEME, SUPER FAST,BEST BATTERY,FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE

Search This thread

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
wow, did not know that. I reinstalled it an it's back, thanks. I thought you always had to wide date going from different rom's but maybe not on newer versions of the roms. BTW, I had some wallpapers in foxhound that I'd like to bring back, do you know where they are located. I may have still had them if I didn't wipe date

Edit: Never mind on the wallpaper, I should be able to google that and find it. Thanks again for the help with safestrap.

Here they are if you still need them..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggujih8lwczoi1e/default_wallpaper.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zwfuxxhmmcege4b/keyguard_default_wallpaper.png

Reactions: gigilie

jake.99x3

Jul 7, 2013
Richmond
Your way out of step. Can't blame the Dev for user error. Ever since I started using his 4.4 foxhound my battery life has gotten 10 times better and my ram usage hovers at 600 rarely passing 8

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: gigilie

djgdroid

Aug 18, 2010
Idaho
Google Pixel 6

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
So, I'm using ES File Explorer. When I get to SecWallpaperChooser level, it is an apk file. How do I get to the res level. do I need to change the permissions from rw/r/r to something else?

You need xplorer by lonelycatsgame. Free on playstore. In configuration select super user and open .apk as zip. Just tap it and it will open. I don't know anything about es file exlorer. Pm me so we don't clutter up this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: djgdroid

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
not clogging at all

You need xplorer by lonelycatsgame. Free on playstore. In configuration select super user and open .apk as zip. Just tap it and it will open. I don't know anything about es file exlorer. Pm me so we don't clutter up this thread.

the last 3 posts of yours are great bits of information brotha, all users of anyrom could put this method to use and its hardly clogging anything I love these type of posts from u so post away :) thanks for helping!

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
gps is woking fine here..

hey issam good to hear you are on AT&T right? Just wondering if you had ever tried my gDux2.0 and how it worked for you (I'm planning on putting out a i9505 and At&t / Tmobile version of gDux soon) just need to know what you had to modify to get it working on your NB1 (if i read right thats what your phone is at)

pbman check my PM hopefully that will help a bit

issam1979

Jun 10, 2007
Detroit
hey issam good to hear you are on AT&T right? Just wondering if you had ever tried my gDux2.0 and how it worked for you (I'm planning on putting out a i9505 and At&t / Tmobile version of gDux soon) just need to know what you had to modify to get it working on your NB1 (if i read right thats what your phone is at)

pbman check my PM hopefully that will help a bit

hey! I am on gDux 1.1.1 I haven't tried 2.0 because screen cast is broken in 4.4x roms in general, but If you need me to try it I will. on the other hand when I flash a mk2 rom I always flash mk2 modules and (Compatibility Pack for ATT FOR RLS15) from [ROM][4.3][MAR 11] Hyperdrive RLS15 in the At&t forum. I hope this is what you are asking for...

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
hey! I am on gDux 1.1.1 I haven't tried 2.0 because screen cast is broken in 4.4x roms in general, but If you need me to try it I will. on the other hand when I flash a mk2 rom I always flash mk2 modules and (Compatibility Pack for ATT FOR RLS15) from [ROM][4.3][MAR 11] Hyperdrive RLS15 in the At&t forum. I hope this is what you are asking for...

screencast works fine for me bro. 2.0 gdux

Reactions: issam1979

pbman1953

Dec 1, 2012
Boston
Just downgraded and install this Rom again. The only issue is that it blocks every phone call. I made sure the blocks were off

update- False alarm, I found the switch in the notification bar

Last edited:

pbman1953

Dec 1, 2012
Boston
Gps still doesn't work even after installing the fixes. What can help? Is there a file I can copy from the stock Rom that could help?

pbman1953

Dec 1, 2012
Boston
pb if you downgraded then use the last modem/hlos of whatever version u were on before downgrading.

I did that.

But as far as the process,

I Odin'd back to stock, rooted then safe strapped

then installed 1.1.1

Flashed the mk2 modem/hlos

I sent you a PM about this.

The GPS works after the flash but while it's on , say 5 minutes, it crashes.. then doesn't work again even after a battery pull

Besides that the rom works fine

Thanks

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
I did that.

But as far as the process,

I Odin'd back to stock, rooted then safe strapped

then installed 1.1.1

Flashed the mk2 modem/hlos

I sent you a PM about this.

The GPS works after the flash but while it's on , say 5 minutes, it crashes.. then doesn't work again even after a battery pull

Besides that the rom works fine

Thanks

crappy thing is that i can't really offer a fix for that. its a modem/downgrade issue. sorry dude

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    m7epoyy5.png

gogolie's gDux v1.1.1 Change Log (This is basically redone from the ground up a completely different ROM!)

Fixed as many issues as I could find from the 1st release... including Camera (on old slim versions), Restart issues when using benchmarking app, RomControl, doubles of apps and apps that couldnt be updated have all been changed or are working now!!
    please let me know if any issues still exist

Added or Updated the Following Apps or Enhancements:
    New Theme Elements
    New Icons
    Shaftamle's GhostKO6.0 Keyboard
    CatLog Holo
    Apollo
    LMT
    Antutu Benchmark
    BigTinCan AdFree
    GravityBox
    Cambio DPI
    ByPassLKM (Apk for pushing Wifi if downgraded)
    BatteryCalibration
    Cleanmaster Security
    Chronus
    Cyworld Cymera (sick new camera)
    ES File Explorer
    ActiveNotifications
    HRT KK Launcher
    SideControl (sweet new shortcut launcher)
    Online Nandroid
    Safestrap 3.71
    Optimus Lockscreen (bad*ss particle effect app you'll see)
    Focal (AOSP Camera from CM thats pretty cool)
    Snapdragon Battery Guru! (in my opinion has been the best battery saver app ever)
    OG Battery Mod
    TOR Project
    ScriptManager
    USB Mass Storage Enabler
    Trebuchet (Launcher from CM)
    utter! (voice control your whole phone!)
    App Booster (clears out your memory and cache)
    Xposed
    Nova
    EventFlow Widget
    ViPER4Android
    Greenify
    Ninesky Browser
    AppOPs Starter
    Xposed
    XuiMod for Xposed
    Wanam for Xposed
    Lucid Launcher (blazing fast launcher! my recommendation to use)
    AccuWeather2014
    Xposed Utilities
    WeatherWidget
    Torch
    S-Memo
    S-Voice
    PIE Control
    and a lot more that originally came with gDux 1.0 like:
    BusyBox
    Scrolling cache off
    Rome Online Center
    Battery% mod
    4-way reboot menu
    Duxter Control Built
    With new tools
    Battery Tweaks
    Wireless Tweaks
    DropDown
    Ink Effect
    Rome Online Control Center
    Extra apps in flavor
    5 Flash modes
    Kernel in flavor selectable
    Sound tweaks for more fun when listening to music
    Game Tweaks
    Fast Dormancy Tweak
    Improved intensity flashlights and camera quality
    Memory Tweaks
    Mobile Internet Tweaks
    Video tweaks for smoother playback of movies
    Base XXUEML9
    APM stands for
    Advanced Power Management
    Very Fast and Stable
    By Wanam Xposed extras come again to!
    Full Color / Transparency customization for status bar and the Notification drawer elements
    -Secure Samsung Keyboard
    Option to keep "Add Call" button with call recording menu
    Disable Camera shutter sound
    Flash Light trough volume button UP
    Skip of Music with volume buttons
    -Save Call Logs View
    Enable Keyboard symbol
    Enable Hangouts calls trough cellular
    Enable Camera while calling
    -Unlimited and Customizable multi-view support
    Bypass Exchange Lock check
    Notification Panel Customization
    Long-Home key behavior
    Long back key to kill app (+ whitelist)
    Disable Increasing ringtone
    Messaging tweaks (raise limits and conversion)
    Disable scrolling cache
    Enable Full rotationally
    -White/Colored Circle Battery
    Transparent Notifications panel
    -Customize clock format and size
    -Customize Battery helper text size
    -Customize Quick Settings buttons number per row
    -Collapse Quick Settings after toggle
    -2 Line formatted date on the panel header
    Dark-themed multi-window
    Disable boot sound
    -Customize Two line date header format
    -White/Black Email app background
    Transparent Quick Settings buttons background
    Default hidden SMS logs
    Add Call button to Logs and Contacts list
    Disable accounts icons on Contacts list
    -Custimize Wifi AP Client number
    Disable Launcher page curl
    Add exit button to browser
    SMS Automatic input mode
    Disable Call number formatting
    Enable Unlimited Contacts joining
    Enable rotation trough Gallery button
    Set default browser view to Desktop
    -Hide Wireless charging popup
    -Hide Full Battery Notification
    Clock position status bar
    NFC behaviors
    -Hide headset icon and notification bar
    Disable TW DVFS
    Enable TW DVFS Boost benchmark mode
    -Hide Smart Stay, alarm, NFC icons on status bar
    Launcher: Enable scrolling wallpaper and Hide the Dock labels
    Disable Wake Home button
    -Use separate Address field on Contacts
    Add Fast PIN unlock
    -Added SMS sent time details
    -Enable Screen ON options on Messaging App
    Disable low battery warning
    Add custom carrier label on notification label
    Set Camera battery low level
    -Change System Holo Dark / Light background
    -Acces hidden Lockscreen shortcuts menu
    Disable SEAndroid / Knox notifications and container
    Disable volume control sound
    Disable low battery sound
    -Auto Disable notifications When Knox Knox Apps are installed
    APM 5.0

& I'll be uploading at least 5 New themes to use with gDux 4.3 in the next few days!

gogolie's Dux v1.0 Change Log - (Duxter23+)
    *Updated existing applications
    *This is the sickest theme I've seen come to Verizon. Via T10 and some of my own changes- thanks duxter!
    *Beautiful themed keyboard(s) thanks @Shaftamle (comes loaded with Ghost Glass Keyboard) and Dux's blue (as seen in screenshots need to add on with mod install available below)
    *Removed outdated updateme/romcontrol and converted apps that wouldn't be upgradeable to user apps so you can remove or upgrade
    *Made work or added a working version of:
    AutoAnswer (answer calls with a whistle good for the car), Online Nandroid (I never leave home without it), Extendable Notification Toggles, Greenify, Flash Player, Nova Launcher, Ad-Free, Xposed & Wanam, Dropbox, ES File Manager & ZPlayer
    *Fixed Native Tethering / Added All Toggles (Thanks @Surge1223)
    *Added a couple tweaks here and there
    *Made compatible for PMS and future versions of (enabled custom boot/shutdown animations & sounds)

After I was finished doing what I felt should be done (my aim was the most rounded in terms of battery consumption, speed and stability). But I came out with the fastest ROM available for the Verizon S4 with better battery life than any other ROM I've seen. OH and that is with a fully themed beautiful Dark AOSP feeling ROM from head to toe. My favorite dialer / ROM now period. Every App that comes standard has been done over and visually improved. TRY IT EVEN IF YOU NORMALLY DON'T LIKE THEMES OR THEMED ROMS IT GROWS ON YOU VERY QUICKLY. I was never a fan of the "3d icons" but this made me believe that somethings are just meant to be. The icons just need to visually flow with the backgrounds matching apparently. Has every customization available or compatible for TW4.3 Roms and will beat any ROM you throw at it in any benchmarking test or battery life comparison test.

This has been pretty heavily tested and no bugs reported from testers. (besides if your using the original or full version you'll need to change or download the english language pack for the samsung keyboard in the Settings-Device Input- department. if that counts as a bug lol...)

gogolie's Dux Slim & Full Screenshots (these are 1.0 still havent got 1.1.1 online yet:
    LPxn.png

LPyr.png

LPzF.png

LPzb.png

LPzp.png

LQ0M.png

LQ0u.png

LQ1Y.png

LQ21.png

Installation:
    1. Download your choice of ROM
    2. Make Nandroid Backup of current system in Online Nandroid or Safestrap!
    3. Install via TWRP or Safestrap any recovery should work. Just make sure that if theres an option like "enable old script" be sure and enable it.
    4. If your on SafeStrap flash your modules (MK2 preferable) if on a different carrier flash a MARC pack and if your on an unsupported carrier or don't have my MARC pack then flash something similar to it if available or your APNS/Modem/Kernel.
    5. Restart, give 5 minutes for ROM to load 1st boot. (Your following boot ups will take less than 20 seconds.)

6. Those that downgraded from 4.4.2 will have best results using an upgraded modem and bypasslkm. But Downgraders - upgrade again and check out the brand new gDux 2.0 for 4.4.2!!!!!

New Downloads (these 2 downloads are identical ROMs different bootanimations vote on either 1 or 2:
    gDux v1.1.1 - Bootanimation V1

gDux v1.1.1 - Bootanimation V2

fUxter v1.0 (FoxHound DiamondDogs crossed with gDux is coming soon!)

Also check out gDux 2.0 for VZW 4.4.2 released today!

MARC Packs (MARC = Make Any ROM Compatible and Pack means its a flashable zip file to flash through custom recovery!)
    MDK MARC test version 1
    Sprint Test 2
    TMobile Test 2
    AT&T Test 3 SS MK2
    AT&T Test 3 Non SS

You dont need to use a MARC pack if you are able to edit your own APNs and install a custom kernel (or stock if on Safestrap) the packs contain more of the files specific to each carrier but not necessary.

Old gDux v1.0 for 4.3 Downloads:
    gDux1.0 SLIM
    Original Themed Samsung Keyboard
    Originally Apps Meant to Be Included in Slim release and Keyboard (like PIE) 20 MB
    Ripped Apps not necessarily Bloat but I dont use em (more info on last two links next wed)

"SLIGHTLY SLIM'd" AVAIL LIMTED TIME VERSION" 1.1GB

gDux1.0 FULL

Duxters 23 Original Ported (stock)

Please note if downloading the Slightly Slim'd, Full or Original ROM's you'll need to switch the keyboard from DE to ENGLISH in input settings!

DONATE OR THANK ME PLEASE EITHER WILL MAKE ME FUZZY INSIDE!

Wise Words from Duxter's Original Thread translated best I could:

"Neither I, nor the HackerRomTeam or otherwise
    someone accepts liability for any damages. The
    might arise from the use of Rom!

Thanks goes to:
    the HRT team
    Nininho1995 & Duxterfor his help.
    and all that I have not forgotten

If you enjoy the ROM then donate or at least give me a plus 1 and Thank You or Vote on the Thread to ensure further development of this ROM!

Peace,
    -gogolie
    No, but I had to clear data from every app fc'ing

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

i have no force closing only issue i have right now is my battery percentage not staying on so weird, and there is not battery mod to change the style
    Clean flashed using SD 3.71.
    flashed mk2 modules. .
    Very nice and buttery smooth. I'll be decompile system. Apk to get rid of that lime green accent strip ;)

Thanks op and rest :)

does your battery percentage disappear after like 2 minutes? I cant get mine to stay showing

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 AM ----------

when i enable show battery percentage it stays on for like 3 minutes then disappears? Bug?
    Sure there is Dux control settings/my device

View attachment 2621052

i have dux to how did you get that battery what option did you go to?
    flashing now att mk2 ss will let you know how it goes

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------

wow i loveeeeeee it very very nice