[ROM-GINGERBREAD] GingerNinja v0.1.1

Search This thread

vnvman

Oct 31, 2009
Alba
I dont get the point of your posts but anyway..

I didnt mean to say about the Desire specificaly.. Thats why I wrote the specs I consider as being high-end for now... The Galaxy S, the Nexus One, the EVO 4G etc all have the same specs.. I gave a wider reply to him rather than support the Desire which I own..
Well actually all of the devices you describe have quite the same stats of a Desire...the Desire has a 1 ghz processor, 576mb of ram and a 3.7 inches screen, so according to what you described as an high end device, our Desire is definitely one of those, and therefore it should get all of the features released along with ginger (saying it with your own words)...idk if this is what you actually meant to say...

Egan

May 29, 2010
I wonder if this will work with a Nexus One..
You do not need this for Nexus One. When you own a Nexus One, Google will provide you an OTA update or get a custom rom from the Nexus One forum. A Desire rom on the Nexus One will just not work :).

mad-murdock

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Detmold
Its deadly quiet for now. I guess its very hard if Adams time allows it to port over some drivers!

In case that happens would the changes please be included in different .zips which we can flash via recovery? im using the sdk build of gingerbread but im hoping for working w-lan and sound if possible.

Thank you all very much, especially AdamG who has proven once more that he is what all says he would be, a cooking GOD!

It's not only quiet .i also guess adam doesn't put.that much efforts in this. As soon as sources are released, all the work here is useless. Except perhaps some of the kernel work. Nitty sure short that part

Swyped with HTC Desire. Excuse typos.

obscured

Feb 5, 2008
This is a alpha work. As such, only english language is available.

However, Google stated that Gingerbread would include Arabic support, so there's no reason why this should not be the case.

I installed the rom and there were a lot of languages inside (including greek which I tested) there were also many languages in the keyboard, not only english.

lpachuong

Jul 30, 2009
hopefully the drivers porting wont be much troublesome. I cant find any goodies in gingerbread yet, apart from the fact that it has improved APIs :(

niels_kievits

Oct 2, 2010
This may well be an n00b question but how do you flash 0.1.1?
I've tried the zipfile via Clockwork but that does not seem to work. Am I missing something here?

Last edited:

Entreated

Jul 6, 2010
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but an error i picked up on was that i sent a text which failed to send but then said too many sms messages (something along them lines anway, the message was a few lines long), click okay or cancel. I had to reboot my phone for this message to go away and the recipient said that 91 messages got recieved.

Madeli

May 31, 2010
Great work Adam! :)

But... this gingerbread ui is damn ugly lol ... i dont like it at all :( The only thing i liked was that the 3d gallery is gone :) Never liked the 3d gallery.

mikeyzs

Jun 16, 2010

Attachments

• device.jpg
    device.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 698

ziggy1001

Aug 7, 2010
London
Are you sure you can type arabic txt because sometimes you can see any txt on a webpage even if your PC/phone doesn't support the txt, you are looking at a "picture" of the text

Piero585

Oct 7, 2010
thx

hi guys i want to thank adam g for the good job and i have a question,a flash this 0.1.1 version i want to test it but it stuck on the welcome sreen when android title is flashing...what i have to do? :) sorry for my english

edit: another question,if i do a backup and then i wipe all data (factory reset) can a restore after this wipe?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to GingerNinja.

This is a Gingerbread ROM using the system.img and ramdisk.img from the Google SDK before you ask.

This is HIGHLY experimental and there are still a heck of a lot of bugs to be worked out but I will try to fix the majority of them as time progresses.

I would also like to add that this is temporary until Google drop the official code, which of course then I will update Oxygen.

Download here v0.1.1 (seems slower than v0.1 (possibly because of cache2sd?))
    Download v0.1

What works / has been fixed.

APNs List
    Charging/Activity LED
    Hardware keymap
    Radio interface (2G/3G)
    Screen density set correctly
    SD card storage

What doesn't work / still to be fixed.

Sound
    Bluetooth
    Wifi
    Weird lag bug

Credits
    Benee - vorkKernel
    killkennys - server host
    Defer/Kali- - the whole Desire scene owes these 2 a debt of gratitude
    Im trying to port Nexus S ROM at moment, looking at videos from other phones it should work a lot better.
    Fixes discovered and that will be included in the next release
    Google Apps (Not really an issue)

Fixes being worked on currently
    Wifi

Version history
    v0.1.1
    Added A2SD
    Added Busybox
    Added Superuser
    Added Terminfo
    Fixed IPV6 Support (needed for Google Goggles)
    Fixed Hardware Keymap
    Fixed Charging/Activity LED

v0.1
    Initial release
    I get an error message when switching from camera to video recorder. *yawn*. Meh, uninstalled.

this made me throw up.
    And what about lang support with Oxygen? Wait for next release or Gingerbread?

Gingerbread has/will have wider support for languages, please keep this topic for this ROM only thanks :)

Refer to the following for reference here.