• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Rom Global Sony 1 III SO-51B DOCOMO JAPAN

Search This thread

DennisDD78

Apr 22, 2011
Vladivostok
I have the BC72, will the phone gets OTA update if I flash another version of BC72? Thanks for your reply.
No, it won`t get OTA if you flash f/w from non native region, even if you flas f/w from BC72 to BC72.
I got BC72 from China, flashed to Russian f/w 2 months ago, and it didn`t get OTA until i flashed back native China f/w.
It`s very sad, i agree. (((
I had Xperia 5 before X1 III, such a great phone, one of the last REAL Sony devices, with Sony Mobile`s soul, so friendly and hassle-free, and now I am so regret that I exchanged Xperia 5 to this wierd, strange and unfriendly device Xperia 1 III.

[email protected]

Oct 22, 2014
No, it won`t get OTA if you flash f/w from non native region, even if you flas f/w from BC72 to BC72.
I got BC72 from China, flashed to Russian f/w 2 months ago, and it didn`t get OTA until i flashed back native China f/w.
It`s very sad, i agree. (((
I had Xperia 5 before X1 III, such a great phone, one of the last REAL Sony devices, with Sony Mobile`s soul, so friendly and hassle-free, and now I am so regret that I exchanged Xperia 5 to this wierd, strange and unfriendly device Xperia 1 III.
My Xperia BC72 f/w is Global-C2-user so I do not know which version it is. Somebody on XDA says that it is HK version. I do get OTA update so it should be the native region. My f/w has all the Google apks including the message and dialer. Do you know which f/w does not has the Google apks? Thanks for your reply.

DennisDD78

Apr 22, 2011
Vladivostok
My Xperia BC72 f/w is Global-C2-user so I do not know which version it is. Somebody on XDA says that it is HK version. I do get OTA update so it should be the native region. My f/w has all the Google apks including the message and dialer. Do you know which f/w does not has the Google apks? Thanks for your reply.
Global C2 is HK, you are right. It comes with all Google services and apps installed from the box, and if you get OTA it is your native f/w.
Chinese (NOT HK or TW!) XQ-BC72 devices comes without Google apps from the box, however, it does has Google services inside the f/w, and you can install Google apps (market, gmail, youtube e.t.c) manually with no problem, so it won`t be almost any difference between HK and Chinese rom after you install the apps manually by yourself.

[email protected]

Oct 22, 2014
Global C2 is HK, you are right. It comes with all Google services and apps installed from the box, and if you get OTA it is your native f/w.
Chinese (NOT HK or TW!) XQ-BC72 devices comes without Google apps from the box, however, it does has Google services inside the f/w, and you can install Google apps (market, gmail, youtube e.t.c) manually with no problem, so it won`t be almost any difference between HK and Chinese rom after you install the apps manually by yourself.
If I flash Chinese f/w even though I will not get OTA update but I should be able to flashed the updated Chinese f/w without problem right?

DennisDD78

Apr 22, 2011
Vladivostok
If I flash Chinese f/w even though I will not get OTA update but I should be able to flashed the updated Chinese f/w without problem right?
Yes, you can flash updated f/w with Newflasher from any XQ-BC72 to any QX-BC72 with no problem, but you must remember the main thing - OTA update system stops working on non native f/w!
I don`t see any reason for you to flash your HK device to China f/w, it doesn`t have any sense. But to flash Chinese device to a global ROM (HK, TW, SEA, RUS...) definitely makes sense if only OTA system could work after that (((

[email protected]

Oct 22, 2014
Yes, you can flash updated f/w with Newflasher from any XQ-BC72 to any QX-BC72 with no problem, but you must remember the main thing - OTA update system stops working on non native f/w!
I don`t see any reason for you to flash your HK device to China f/w, it doesn`t have any sense. But to flash Chinese device to a global ROM (HK, TW, SEA, RUS...) definitely makes sense if only OTA system could work after that (((
Thank you very much for your reply. I agree with you that it does not make sense to flash Chinese f/w to HK f/w. It just that I do not like the look of Google apks and the Google calendar does not have a year view. You are right, losing OTA update is a problem. I will just disable the Google apks and chose some other equivalent apks.

Reactions: DennisDD78

[email protected]

Oct 22, 2014
My phone is now on f/w HK 61.0.A.14.3. Will the phone get boot loop if I use the newflasher to flash previous version f/w CN 61.0.A.11.92. Thanks for your reply.

DennisDD78

Apr 22, 2011
Vladivostok
My phone is now on f/w HK 61.0.A.14.3. Will the phone get boot loop if I use the newflasher to flash previous version f/w CN 61.0.A.11.92. Thanks for your reply.
Would you tell me, please, your device was Chinese BC72 out of the box?
You won't get bootloop if you set actice slot A before flashing, the exact command for this look in the instructions please.
And i highly recommend to you to make a f/w repair procedure with Xperia companion, after Newflasher flashing.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Oct 22, 2014
You won't get bootloop if you set actice slot A before flashing, the exact command for this look in the instructions please.
And i highly recommend to you to make a f/w repair procedure with Xperia companion, after Newflasher flashing.
If I make a f/w repair procedure with Xperia companion will my phone get back the HK f/w. I just want to try different f/w. I am using mate 40 rs now, the xperia 1 iii is just one of many phones I try out. Thanks for your reply.

DennisDD78

Apr 22, 2011
Vladivostok
If I make a f/w repair procedure with Xperia companion will my phone get back the HK f/w. I just want to try different f/w. I am using mate 40 rs now, the xperia 1 iii is just one of many phones I try out. Thanks for your reply.
I've got you. Yes, you can try to flash CN f/w on your HK device, but it doesn't make any sense. CN f/w is poor, it doesn't have any google apps pre-installed, however, it does have a google services, you just need to install g apps manually by yourself.
Try SEA f/w instead od CN :)

[email protected]

Oct 22, 2014
I just like to try f/w with different apps instead of g apps. If the SEA f/w is similar to HK f/w with g apps then I am not so interest in it unless it has some features different than the HK f/w.
I've got you. Yes, you can try to flash CN f/w on your HK device, but it doesn't make any sense. CN f/w is poor, it doesn't have any google apps pre-installed, however, it does have a google services, you just need to install g apps manually by yourself.
Try SEA f/w instead od CN :)

[email protected]

Oct 22, 2014
Would you tell me, please, your device was Chinese BC72 out of the box?
My device is HK BC72 out of the box (I think) since the software info says GLOBAL-C2-user. I am afraid that if I flash a previous software version I might get boot loop due to anti roll back. I just had a hard brick on my Mi 11 due to flashing an android 12 version. I do not want to brick my new xperia so soon. I should be able to fix the boot loop using Xperia companion right?

DennisDD78

Apr 22, 2011
Vladivostok
My device is HK BC72 out of the box (I think) since the software info says GLOBAL-C2-user. I am afraid that if I flash a previous software version I might get boot loop due to anti roll back. I just had a hard brick on my Mi 11 due to flashing an android 12 version. I do not want to brick my new xperia so soon. I should be able to fix the boot loop using Xperia companion right?
Not everyone bootloop can be fix by XC recovering. If you will flash the device without changing slot, you won't be able to repair the device with XC, for example.
There's no anti roll back protection on Xperias, as i know. You may flash the older f/w back with no problem, just chande to slot A as active before flashing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you very much for your reply. I agree with you that it does not make sense to flash Chinese f/w to HK f/w. It just that I do not like the look of Google apks and the Google calendar does not have a year view. You are right, losing OTA update is a problem. I will just disable the Google apks and chose some other equivalent apks.
    Swith to slot A and flash HK f/w again by newflasher. Then pwr on it.
    And after you enter a command, please, look the answer in the window, does it says OK or not ? Does it swithced to slot A successfully.
    I flash the HK f/w and the phone works now. Yes newflasher switch to slot A.