• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Rom Global Sony 1 III SO-51B DOCOMO JAPAN

Search This thread

[email protected]

Oct 22, 2014
I did change to slot A before flashing using the command
newflasher set_active:a
I follow the following procedure:
10 - shut down the phone, plug in a usb-c cable to the computer, then while holding the volume DOWN button, plug in the usb-c cable to the phone. The LED indicator should be GREEN indicating FLASHMODE

11 - open up cmd prompt, and navigate to the firmware folder from step 1. Type in the following command
Code:
then hit enter. You should see result like this

12 - in windows explorer, navigate to the firmware folder, and double click on newflasher.exe(phone should still be in FLASHMODE). Respond to the prompts - n gordongate, p power off, n trim

13 - wait for the flashing of the new firmware to finish

14 - disconnect the phone from the usb cable, and power it back up.

DennisDD78

Apr 22, 2011
Vladivostok
I follow the following procedure:
10 - shut down the phone, plug in a usb-c cable to the computer, then while holding the volume DOWN button, plug in the usb-c cable to the phone. The LED indicator should be GREEN indicating FLASHMODE

11 - open up cmd prompt, and navigate to the firmware folder from step 1. Type in the following command
Code:
then hit enter. You should see result like this

12 - in windows explorer, navigate to the firmware folder, and double click on newflasher.exe(phone should still be in FLASHMODE). Respond to the prompts - n gordongate, p power off, n trim

13 - wait for the flashing of the new firmware to finish

14 - disconnect the phone from the usb cable, and power it back up.
I did THE SAME steps, and the phone boot ok after flashing.

DennisDD78

Apr 22, 2011
Vladivostok
I am using XC to repair the phone now.
If XC won`t repair your phone, try to flash the phone again, set slot A, flash, then pwr on. If bootloop, try to change to slot B, and pwr on again.
Don`t worry, you can`t brick Xperia phone totally without bootloader unlock. The worst thing that can happen is repair the device via customer service, but i`m sure you will rapair it by yourself.

[email protected]

Oct 22, 2014
If XC won`t repair your phone, try to flash the phone again, set slot A, flash, then pwr on. If bootloop, try to change to slot B, and pwr on again.
Don`t worry, you can`t brick Xperia phone totally without bootloader unlock. The worst thing that can happen is repair the device via customer service, but i`m sure you will rapair it by yourself.
XC won't repair my phone. I try to change to slot b but it says the phone is in locked state it cannot change to b.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, you can flash updated f/w with Newflasher from any XQ-BC72 to any QX-BC72 with no problem, but you must remember the main thing - OTA update system stops working on non native f/w!
    I don`t see any reason for you to flash your HK device to China f/w, it doesn`t have any sense. But to flash Chinese device to a global ROM (HK, TW, SEA, RUS...) definitely makes sense if only OTA system could work after that (((
    Thank you very much for your reply. I agree with you that it does not make sense to flash Chinese f/w to HK f/w. It just that I do not like the look of Google apks and the Google calendar does not have a year view. You are right, losing OTA update is a problem. I will just disable the Google apks and chose some other equivalent apks.
    Swith to slot A and flash HK f/w again by newflasher. Then pwr on it.
    And after you enter a command, please, look the answer in the window, does it says OK or not ? Does it swithced to slot A successfully.
    I flash the HK f/w and the phone works now. Yes newflasher switch to slot A.