|ROM|★GOLDENEYE★|►XXUHOD7 LOLLiPOP TW◄|5.1.15|★

Search This thread

ryandigweed

Mar 2, 2011
So I have Goldeneye 53 on an AT&T I337 with the OC3 build/baseband... if I now UPGRADE just the modem to the OK2 version using a flashable zip ( https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24385658843824667 ) via Flashfire (Safestrap uninstalled because it is unstable on Lollipop) will I be OK? Every version from stock to NB1 to OC3 to Goldeneye/OC3 has had awful signal reception (especially compared to my previous GS3 I747) and I'm trying to improve it.
Let me know how you manage to resolve the reception issues, I need to do the same
hi everyone .. just reflashed this Rom now ... nd my wifi isn't working ... is there any fix ... kinda need it ASAP ... thanks .

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

fableevoke

Nov 10, 2011
i'm having truble with the latest version of goldfinger. the video freezes while playing at chrome browser. i read it's radio incompatibility. i dunno where i can download the latest baseband.

satanazh

Nov 9, 2011
Cotabato City
What method of installation should I use with this version of Samsung Galaxy S 4 SGH-I337?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 280
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 282

lirong

Feb 21, 2012
Since installing this ROM my start up time on the phone has been VERY VERY slow.

First I have the Safestrap screen which takes a while before it finally boots beyond.
Then the Samsung screen stays on for a good 30 seconds or more before anything happens (is this related to having safestrap on the phone?)

Any ideas what I can do to get a faster boot time? Perhaps uninstall Safestrap?

blitxll

Jul 28, 2016
I'm an idiot.

So I have a i337m. I desperately need this to work so I don't have to buy a new phone. I just need a little more explanation about the first 2 steps for i337m. So I currently have lollipop 5.0.1. So based on installation instructions I downgrade my phone to 4.4.2. Then stick a zip of the lollipop firmware in my external storage. Follow the rest of the instructions and I'm good?

MrNa5ty

Feb 13, 2013
Hi!

I had GE53 for almost one year and my phone started to get slower so I decided to do a "clean" reinstall...so I followed the steps from this post (returned back to NB1).
After following all the steps I came to the end but when it comes to boot into GE 53 my phone shuts down (black screen..so don't know if it's off for sure) after Safestrap screens which are appearing like 4-5 times.
I repeated the procedure like 4 times to be sure I didn't forget anything but still can't boot into GE!

Please, help guys! I don't want the stock lollipop ...it has to many useless things

Thank you!
Im having this same issue. I havent tried to odin kernal or parts yet which ill do later but am i missing anything ?

Have aAtt S4

Downgraded to nb1
Upgraded to nj4 then oc3
Rooted
Busybox
Safestrap 3.75
Nc1 flasher apk
Got to safestrap
Advan wipe all but sd card
Flashed rom
Flash modules
Flashed kernal
Reboot

Then just boot loops in to recovery tried to boot rom 10 tims still goes to recovery

Am i missing something ???

Last edited:

ajay83

Nov 6, 2010
N/A
Hi all.
Been a very long time since on here!

Need some help, i been looking without luck.
Im a UK GTI9505 user now running version 53 on HOD7. Can someone please point me in the direction of the stock HOD7 kernel please. Only the custom ones in aroma installer

anomy13

Dec 5, 2011
Toronto
I fully unrooted using SuperSU for pokemon go (as new update won't allow rooted phone to play) and it somehow still won't let me play. As opposed to if I flash original firmware to cf-auto-root then unroot using SuperSU it works nicely.

Anyone know?

philPtr

Sep 13, 2016
I played a bit too far. i hit the reboot to recovery thinking there was a screen to make a nandroid backup. Unfortunately it just did a recovery. I seem to have everything in tact but the the plash screen went to att ballon boy standard. Any way to get the GE splashscreen back?

magnusman33

Nov 11, 2011
Question about tethering use

Does the ability to use tethering with this ROM show up to AT&T that I'm tethering? I have the unlimited data plan and don't want to raise any flags if it does. Basically I'm wondering if the tethering shows up as just standard data use like foxfi or actually shows up as true tethering to my carrier

philPtr

Sep 13, 2016
Thanks again for this rom.
I have an important question. I will be playing with this deleting and debloating etc. I need a way to do backups and restores. I am in OC3 with this GE 53 per @sac02 thread.
Please advise my steps to do full bu and restore to keep me safe from my messups.

mark324

Aug 5, 2012
Anyone know how to get mhl working.i heard it's workimg for some.im on canadian i337m , it does not work for me.does it work on certain kernel? Any way of enabling it ?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app

Reinaldo33897

Jul 11, 2011
Atlanta
Thanks again for this rom.
I have an important question. I will be playing with this deleting and debloating etc. I need a way to do backups and restores. I am in OC3 with this GE 53 per @sac02 thread.
Please advise my steps to do full bu and restore to keep me safe from my messups.

My advise back up all apps and data with titanium backup. So when you get rid of something that you should have not you have a backup to reinstall. Do a good search on what can be deleted that's not system critical.

Reactions: philPtr

Phalanx7621

Jul 17, 2011
Bethany Beach, Delaware
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I've read all of the articles on Google I could find and none addressed this issue, I've also searched this thread but most issues appeared to have involved the xposed framework, which I have not installed nor do I have any modules installed. So the issue is, I install the ROM (safestrap user), flash my modules, odin my kernel and proper partitions (in other words, I flash it correctly) and have done this about 3 times now. Every time, I run into the same issue. The phone boots fine, and after about 10 minutes the ROM boots properly as well. Everything works, including wifi and cellular service. However, if I try and sign into a Google account, after entering my info and hitting Accept to continue, a screen pops up saying that Google Services has force closed. It does not add the account, and this happens no matter if I try and add the account through youtube, another google app, or through the settings menu itself. Clearing cache, dalvik nor hot rebooting solves this. I've tried installing an updated version of the Google Play Services with no positive result. Since it has not been updated, I cannot uninstall updates on the app, because nothing has been updated on it because no Google account has been added, so I'm at a total loss as to how this should be addressed. Does anyone have any thoughts?

martea_roma

Aug 22, 2012
Timisoara
Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I've read all of the articles on Google I could find and none addressed this issue, I've also searched this thread but most issues appeared to have involved the xposed framework, which I have not installed nor do I have any modules installed. So the issue is, I install the ROM (safestrap user), flash my modules, odin my kernel and proper partitions (in other words, I flash it correctly) and have done this about 3 times now. Every time, I run into the same issue. The phone boots fine, and after about 10 minutes the ROM boots properly as well. Everything works, including wifi and cellular service. However, if I try and sign into a Google account, after entering my info and hitting Accept to continue, a screen pops up saying that Google Services has force closed. It does not add the account, and this happens no matter if I try and add the account through youtube, another google app, or through the settings menu itself. Clearing cache, dalvik nor hot rebooting solves this. I've tried installing an updated version of the Google Play Services with no positive result. Since it has not been updated, I cannot uninstall updates on the app, because nothing has been updated on it because no Google account has been added, so I'm at a total loss as to how this should be addressed. Does anyone have any thoughts?

same here!
we need some help!

Reinaldo33897

Jul 11, 2011
Atlanta
---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

Have you tried wiping data in the app as well as cache. Basically making the app act as new. Don't just wipe Google play store but also do the same for Google play services. See if that resolves the issue. When I have apps force close I go into app manager and wipe both data and cache making app start over as though were new.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    zjsLXV1.png

Features
    - XXUHOD7 | touchwiz 5.0.1 | custom kernels | rooted | deodexed | zipaligned | init.d support | aroma installer | busybox
    - rom self cleaning every 7 days | simple,fast,stable | app ops baked in | s4 weather widget font changed
    - super user via /settings/security/supersu | adaway via /settings/more tab/ | knox removed | kies support
    - enabled secondary keys samsung kb | samsung kb with auto correct | camera during call | fw update removed
    - sqlite script is performed once at boot every 7 days | zipalign script performed once at boot every 4 days
    - added ability to edit apn's | scheduled sms sending | flashable add-ons | google bloat removed | no carrier iq
    - works with any gsm carrier | zipalign script | incall recording | apps2sd | extended reboot menu | wifi tethering
    - sent time in sim list | camcorder does not pause music | no boot sound | sqlite3 script | super user | adaway app
    - enabled copy to dialer | display sms time as server | recipient limit raised to 999 | disabled sms 2 mms conversion
    - s5 weather widget option | more to come!

Aroma Options
    - choose ur carrier and s4 model
    - choose full or slim versions
    - choose to add center clock or stock clock position
    - choose to enable boot sound or silent boot sound
    - choose to remove sfind from notifications or keep it
    - choose galaxy s5 weather widget or stock s4 weather widget
    - choose stock web browser or chrome web browser
    - choose silent camera or stock camera with sound
    - choose s4 recents or s5 recents behavior
    - choose 1 of 3 kernels ael, imperium, hulk

Removable Apps
    - full version: esfile manager, google music, adaway, can be uninstalled just like playstore apps
    - slim version : esfile manager, google music, adaway, can be uninstalled just like playstore apps

Faq
    - Q&A SECTiON FOUND HERE!
    - ADDON SECTiON FOUND HERE!
    - BATTERY LIFE, GPS, TIPS N TRICKS
    - A THANK YOU TO ALL MY USERS!!

Rom
    - DOWNLOAD ROM HERE
    - CHANGELOGS!

DONATIONS ARE NEVER REQUIRED! BUT THEY ARE VERY APPRECIATED!!
    IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO MY PROJECTS CLiCK HERE:good:​
    a thank u to my users past n present

i have hit the 10,000 thanks mark... and would like to thank all of u that hit the thanks button!!!! means alot to me!!! what i have learned over this short amount of time, is that the reason I do this is to help others..

i respect any dev who trys to *help* .. again im not into the whole being best or making x amount of money doing this, i have turned down offers from *certain web search sites* to make money from what i do .. but i declined ...

there are a couple of devs i admire... and if i could do half the stuff they do i would be happy.. i hope to improve and bring u guys the best i can.. and thank u for all who have donated to me and hit that thanks button or who have taken there time to say something positive!!!

like with anything in life there are good n bad things that come along with anything u do ..there r things that bug me to no end but i wont go into any of the negative!

my users have a big part in what i do ... when u guys request something i try to do my best to add it .. if i dont know how to do something i will read as much as i can .. i do not know everything .. and those requests have helped me learn lots of stuff i had no clue about!!! so i thank u!!!

i also want to thank the devs that take the time to make tutorials these guys dont get half the credit they deserve .. they dont have to do what they do .. yet there nice enough to take the time to help all of us!! and sharing knowledge is what i think android is all about, maybe im odd but i look at this community as a team!

in closing .. thank u guys for respecting each other and helping me and other users out!!! ... :good:
    READ THiS

The Information Below, Must Be Read B4 Flashing This ROM!
    READ THE INSTALL GUiDES BELOW OR U WILL HAVE MAJOR ISSUES, WITH UR DEVICE!!!!!

ROM INSTALL GUiDE
    READ THiS!!! READ THIS NOW!, OR YOU WILL HAVE MAJOR ISSUES!!

ROM Q&A SECTiON
    READ THiS!!! READ THIS NOW!, TO GET ANSWERS TO COMMON QUESTIONS!

ROM BATTERY LIFE TIPS & TRICKS GUiDE
    READ THiS!!! READ THIS NOW!, TO GET USEFUL TIPS & TRICKS!

ROM DOWNLOAD LINKS
    DOWNLOAD GOLDENEYE ANDROID 5.0.1 HERE!
    DOWNLOAD GOLDENEYE ANDROID 4.4.2 HERE!
    INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS FOR SAFESTRAP USERS ONLY

Starting with GoldenEye v33.3, SkyFall (6.1.14), Maple Leaf (6.1.14), and Goldfinger v1, Aroma has been incorporated into the installation process and is fully compatible with Safestrap right out of the box. Thanks @iB4STiD

***Those wanting to flash MD ROM, must be on NJ4 Base before you flash.***

QUICK GUIDE
    For those coming from a previous 4.4.2 ROM or rooted NB1, NC1, NI1 or NJ4...

1. Reboot into Safestrap 3.72 Recovery
    2. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > everything EXCEPT extsdcard
    3. Install latest ROM zip
    4. In Aroma, select "Safestrap" version and continue through selections
    5. When Aroma finishes, uncheck "reboot" option and then press "reboot" to exit back to safestrap.
    6. Install ATT Modules
    7. Install SuperSU
    8. Reboot

*** If you reboot without flashing modules or SuperSu... complete the initial set up of the ROM, then reboot back into safestrap and flash the 2 files. Nothing hurt. ***

DETAILED GUIDE
    First time flashing a ROM via Safestrap? Coming from Stock or a 4.3 ROM? Still hesitant of the process in general?
    Please see POST #2 here... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2616221.
    It contains detailed installation instructions broken down by base.

DOWNLOADS

SuperSU...
    -- Latest Stable Version
    -- SuperSU-v2.02.zip

Modules...
    -- If you took the N4J update, flash... ATT_NJ4_Modules.zip
    -- If you took the NI1 update, flash... ATT_NI1_Modules.zip
    -- If you took the NC1 update, flash... ATT_NC1_Modules.zip
    -- If you took the NB1 OTA, flash... ATT_NB1_Modules.zip
    -- If you are still on MK2 base, flash... ATT_MLD_Modules.zip

Not sure which base you are on, please check out @ted77usa's post here.

BTW - Thanks @Hashcode for making this all possible in the first place.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone