|ROM|★GOLDENEYE★|►XXUHOD7 LOLLiPOP TW◄|5.1.15|★

Search This thread

bidomo

Aug 5, 2011
Tlalnepantla
I have a i337m with 5.0.1, I downgraded the modem to run RegionLock Away and still have that modem

How do I check my bootloader? <- - - Seems my bootloader is i337MUMUGOK1 (same as PDA)
Can I downgrade my bootloader?
Which version do I need?

My Baseband is i337MUMAMB2
I really want to try a different ROM as my stock rom is full of garbage, I already have TWRP.

Last edited:

catsruul

Jun 2, 2016
I have a i337m with 5.0.1, I downgraded the modem to run RegionLock Away and still have that modem

How do I check my bootloader? <- - - Seems my bootloader is i337MUMUGOK1 (same as PDA)
Can I downgrade my bootloader?
Which version do I need?

My Baseband is i337MUMAMB2
I really want to try a different ROM as my stock rom is full of garbage, I already have TWRP.

How do you have TWRP when you have the OK1 bootloader? Did you loki it when you were on MDL, or is it SafeStrap?

Mortalministries

Jun 22, 2013
Possible Non-aroma

Hi,
I was wondering if it would be possible to make a non-aroma rom since I keep getting the aroma bug where the screen gets stuck on the Samsung logo. Also, I am using safestrap, so I have no way of booting into recovery. I followed your exact instructions for GE51, but I still get stuck on the Samsung logo. I am flashing from 4.2.2 NB1 i337 with SS 3.75. Any help would be nice. I would like a working phone asap.

Last edited:

techjaggu

Dec 18, 2016
Last edited:

mmalka

Jan 30, 2008
On the web
About a month ago I installed this ROM, after having used stock for a few years. Everything seemed to be working fine, but I have been noticing a higher battery consumption. Using CPU Spy I found out that the phone was barely getting into Deep Sleep. BetterBatteryStats shows a kernel wakelock "bluesleep". Turning off Bluetooth resolved, but of course it is not a permanent solution. I reflashed the OC3 stock kernel, but the problem persists.
I was wondering if anyone experienced a similar issue or is anyone had any suggestions.
Thank you

TopGun904

Jun 20, 2013
Recents mode

Is it possible to dirty flash to switch the recent switcher mode? It's currently on S4 and I want to switch to S5. Or do I need to reflash everything from scratch because of the additional ODIN flashes and WiFi fix?

Cryceratops

Aug 19, 2013
Vancouver
Anyone know how to get Magisk working on this ROM? I tried unrooting from within SuperSU and then flashing Magisk 14.0 through TWRP, but it does not pass SafetyNet afterwards, any suggestions?

Cryceratops

Aug 19, 2013
Vancouver
Do you have xposed installed? Won't ever pass safety net if you do.

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA Labs

Nope, didn't install xPosed, only Titanium Backup and AdAway for root programs straight after a full format and install of this ROM. I'm wondering if anyone else managed to get it working... I read that it may not work with certain kernels so I'm not sure

StoneyJSG

Jul 28, 2014
Also another note, is there some reason center clock forces itself even when I chose to not enable it in Aroma?

I was wondering this too. I think it's just how the ROM is made or else it's a bug.

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

I think I found a bug, if the developer is still supporting this ROM and cares to fix it. Sometimes when I go to send a text message and the keyboard pops up, no matter what I type only the letter "l" appears. When I exit out and come back in, it let's me type what I want.

hotshotbg

Jan 17, 2011
Hi,
I was wondering if it would be possible to make a non-aroma rom since I keep getting the aroma bug where the screen gets stuck on the Samsung logo. Also, I am using safestrap, so I have no way of booting into recovery. I followed your exact instructions for GE51, but I still get stuck on the Samsung logo. I am flashing from 4.2.2 NB1 i337 with SS 3.75. Any help would be nice. I would like a working phone asap.

I'm also having the same problem. Followed instructions exactly with GE51 and GE53 and cannot get it to run.
Flash NI1 in my case, root, safestrap, restart in safestrap, flash GE rom, flash modules, ODIN for stock kernel, restart with battery when green sign PASS appears and flash partitions...after that stuck on Samsung Galaxy S4 logo. :(

also SafeStrap 3.75.
Phone was on official OC4 rom and I downgraded with odin to NB1, and NI1. :confused:

StoneyJSG

Jul 28, 2014
The aroma installer should have let you select what kernel you wanted to use, instead of flashing with ODIN. this may or may not be the issue. I suggest starting all over...remove root, ODIN back to whatever stock version your phone came with or do a factory data reset and take some OTA, then reroot, install safe strap, install golden eye.

This is what I would do if I wasn't on the MDL bootloader.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    zjsLXV1.png

Features
    - XXUHOD7 | touchwiz 5.0.1 | custom kernels | rooted | deodexed | zipaligned | init.d support | aroma installer | busybox
    - rom self cleaning every 7 days | simple,fast,stable | app ops baked in | s4 weather widget font changed
    - super user via /settings/security/supersu | adaway via /settings/more tab/ | knox removed | kies support
    - enabled secondary keys samsung kb | samsung kb with auto correct | camera during call | fw update removed
    - sqlite script is performed once at boot every 7 days | zipalign script performed once at boot every 4 days
    - added ability to edit apn's | scheduled sms sending | flashable add-ons | google bloat removed | no carrier iq
    - works with any gsm carrier | zipalign script | incall recording | apps2sd | extended reboot menu | wifi tethering
    - sent time in sim list | camcorder does not pause music | no boot sound | sqlite3 script | super user | adaway app
    - enabled copy to dialer | display sms time as server | recipient limit raised to 999 | disabled sms 2 mms conversion
    - s5 weather widget option | more to come!

Aroma Options
    - choose ur carrier and s4 model
    - choose full or slim versions
    - choose to add center clock or stock clock position
    - choose to enable boot sound or silent boot sound
    - choose to remove sfind from notifications or keep it
    - choose galaxy s5 weather widget or stock s4 weather widget
    - choose stock web browser or chrome web browser
    - choose silent camera or stock camera with sound
    - choose s4 recents or s5 recents behavior
    - choose 1 of 3 kernels ael, imperium, hulk

Removable Apps
    - full version: esfile manager, google music, adaway, can be uninstalled just like playstore apps
    - slim version : esfile manager, google music, adaway, can be uninstalled just like playstore apps

Faq
    - Q&A SECTiON FOUND HERE!
    - ADDON SECTiON FOUND HERE!
    - BATTERY LIFE, GPS, TIPS N TRICKS
    - A THANK YOU TO ALL MY USERS!!

Rom
    - DOWNLOAD ROM HERE
    - CHANGELOGS!

DONATIONS ARE NEVER REQUIRED! BUT THEY ARE VERY APPRECIATED!!
    IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO MY PROJECTS CLiCK HERE:good:​
    a thank u to my users past n present

i have hit the 10,000 thanks mark... and would like to thank all of u that hit the thanks button!!!! means alot to me!!! what i have learned over this short amount of time, is that the reason I do this is to help others..

i respect any dev who trys to *help* .. again im not into the whole being best or making x amount of money doing this, i have turned down offers from *certain web search sites* to make money from what i do .. but i declined ...

there are a couple of devs i admire... and if i could do half the stuff they do i would be happy.. i hope to improve and bring u guys the best i can.. and thank u for all who have donated to me and hit that thanks button or who have taken there time to say something positive!!!

like with anything in life there are good n bad things that come along with anything u do ..there r things that bug me to no end but i wont go into any of the negative!

my users have a big part in what i do ... when u guys request something i try to do my best to add it .. if i dont know how to do something i will read as much as i can .. i do not know everything .. and those requests have helped me learn lots of stuff i had no clue about!!! so i thank u!!!

i also want to thank the devs that take the time to make tutorials these guys dont get half the credit they deserve .. they dont have to do what they do .. yet there nice enough to take the time to help all of us!! and sharing knowledge is what i think android is all about, maybe im odd but i look at this community as a team!

in closing .. thank u guys for respecting each other and helping me and other users out!!! ... :good:
    READ THiS

The Information Below, Must Be Read B4 Flashing This ROM!
    READ THE INSTALL GUiDES BELOW OR U WILL HAVE MAJOR ISSUES, WITH UR DEVICE!!!!!

ROM INSTALL GUiDE
    READ THiS!!! READ THIS NOW!, OR YOU WILL HAVE MAJOR ISSUES!!

ROM Q&A SECTiON
    READ THiS!!! READ THIS NOW!, TO GET ANSWERS TO COMMON QUESTIONS!

ROM BATTERY LIFE TIPS & TRICKS GUiDE
    READ THiS!!! READ THIS NOW!, TO GET USEFUL TIPS & TRICKS!

ROM DOWNLOAD LINKS
    DOWNLOAD GOLDENEYE ANDROID 5.0.1 HERE!
    DOWNLOAD GOLDENEYE ANDROID 4.4.2 HERE!
    INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS FOR SAFESTRAP USERS ONLY

Starting with GoldenEye v33.3, SkyFall (6.1.14), Maple Leaf (6.1.14), and Goldfinger v1, Aroma has been incorporated into the installation process and is fully compatible with Safestrap right out of the box. Thanks @iB4STiD

***Those wanting to flash MD ROM, must be on NJ4 Base before you flash.***

QUICK GUIDE
    For those coming from a previous 4.4.2 ROM or rooted NB1, NC1, NI1 or NJ4...

1. Reboot into Safestrap 3.72 Recovery
    2. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > everything EXCEPT extsdcard
    3. Install latest ROM zip
    4. In Aroma, select "Safestrap" version and continue through selections
    5. When Aroma finishes, uncheck "reboot" option and then press "reboot" to exit back to safestrap.
    6. Install ATT Modules
    7. Install SuperSU
    8. Reboot

*** If you reboot without flashing modules or SuperSu... complete the initial set up of the ROM, then reboot back into safestrap and flash the 2 files. Nothing hurt. ***

DETAILED GUIDE
    First time flashing a ROM via Safestrap? Coming from Stock or a 4.3 ROM? Still hesitant of the process in general?
    Please see POST #2 here... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2616221.
    It contains detailed installation instructions broken down by base.

DOWNLOADS

SuperSU...
    -- Latest Stable Version
    -- SuperSU-v2.02.zip

Modules...
    -- If you took the N4J update, flash... ATT_NJ4_Modules.zip
    -- If you took the NI1 update, flash... ATT_NI1_Modules.zip
    -- If you took the NC1 update, flash... ATT_NC1_Modules.zip
    -- If you took the NB1 OTA, flash... ATT_NB1_Modules.zip
    -- If you are still on MK2 base, flash... ATT_MLD_Modules.zip

Not sure which base you are on, please check out @ted77usa's post here.

BTW - Thanks @Hashcode for making this all possible in the first place.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone