I have AT&T 337 S4, and using the GE53 ROM with OC3 modem, it always worked perfect. Recently I erased my phone and re-flashed the same ROM. Everything working fine but the Samsung stock app won't update. Before it was updated to the latest version from Google play store but now it says my device is not compatible.
Just curious if I can do something to update the app as it was working OK before.
I tried to download the Samsung music apk version 16 and installed it, it gets installed but gives force close error when i go in music settings.
IF THIS GUiDE IS NOT FOLLOWED EXACTLY YOU WILL HAVE MAJOR ISSUES, FC'S AND NO MOBILE DATA!!
THIS UPDATE MUST BE CLEAN INSTALLED, IF YOU CAN NOT FOLLOW BELOW INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY STEP BY STEP, DO NOT FLASH THIS ROM. I REPEAT DO NOT FLASH THIS ROM!! <- YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
AT&T LOKI USERS ONLY!!
1. PLACE LOLLIPOP UPDATE ON UR EXTERNAL STORAGE!
2. REBOOT INTO TWRP RECOVERY
3. TAP WIPE
4. TAP ADVANCED WIPE
5. PLACE A CHECK NEXT TO .. DALVIK CACHE, SYSTEM, DATA AND CACHE
6. SWIPE TO WIPE
7. TAP THE HOME BUTTON BOTTOM LEFT BUTTON!
8. TAP WIPE
9. NOW SWIPE TO FACTORY RESET!
10. FLASH MY LOLLIPOP ROM NOW & WAIT TILL ITS FINISHED INSTALLING!
11. CHOOSE THE AT&T LOKI'D KERNEL OF UR CHOICE!
12. REBOOT UR DEVICE!
13. UR DONE!!
14. FIRST BOOT CAN TAKE UP TO 15 MINS! BE PATIENT
DO NOT I REPEAT!!! DO NOT RESTORE /SYSTEM DATA WITH TB!!.. U WILL CAUSE MAJOR ISSUES TO YOUR DEVICE!!! THIS INCLUDES CALL LOGS, SMS, CALENDAR ETC ETC, ONLY PLAYSTORE APPS AND THERE DATA CAN BE RESTORED <- YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
Hopefully this is still being watched. ATT I337 running Android 4.2.2. I followed instructions to the letter but using Loki and CWM (I was sort of being hand led by another user and only came here to DL the ROM he recommended.). Everything seemed to go fine until the reboot. It's now been frozen on the start up Samsung Galaxy S4 screen for almost an hour. Now what do I do?
---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------
- XXUHOD7 | touchwiz 5.0.1 | custom kernels | rooted | deodexed | zipaligned | init.d support | aroma installer | busybox
- rom self cleaning every 7 days | simple,fast,stable | app ops baked in | s4 weather widget font changed
- super user via /settings/security/supersu | adaway via /settings/more tab/ | knox removed | kies support
- enabled secondary keys samsung kb | samsung kb with auto correct | camera during call | fw update removed
- sqlite script is performed once at boot every 7 days | zipalign script performed once at boot every 4 days
- added ability to edit apn's | scheduled sms sending | flashable add-ons | google bloat removed | no carrier iq
- works with any gsm carrier | zipalign script | incall recording | apps2sd | extended reboot menu | wifi tethering
- sent time in sim list | camcorder does not pause music | no boot sound | sqlite3 script | super user | adaway app
- enabled copy to dialer | display sms time as server | recipient limit raised to 999 | disabled sms 2 mms conversion
- s5 weather widget option | more to come!
- choose ur carrier and s4 model
- choose full or slim versions
- choose to add center clock or stock clock position
- choose to enable boot sound or silent boot sound
- choose to remove sfind from notifications or keep it
- choose galaxy s5 weather widget or stock s4 weather widget
- choose stock web browser or chrome web browser
- choose silent camera or stock camera with sound
- choose s4 recents or s5 recents behavior
- choose 1 of 3 kernels ael, imperium, hulk
- full version: esfile manager, google music, adaway, can be uninstalled just like playstore apps
- slim version : esfile manager, google music, adaway, can be uninstalled just like playstore apps
i have hit the 10,000 thanks mark... and would like to thank all of u that hit the thanks button!!!! means alot to me!!! what i have learned over this short amount of time, is that the reason I do this is to help others..
i respect any dev who trys to *help* .. again im not into the whole being best or making x amount of money doing this, i have turned down offers from *certain web search sites* to make money from what i do .. but i declined ...
there are a couple of devs i admire... and if i could do half the stuff they do i would be happy.. i hope to improve and bring u guys the best i can.. and thank u for all who have donated to me and hit that thanks button or who have taken there time to say something positive!!!
like with anything in life there are good n bad things that come along with anything u do ..there r things that bug me to no end but i wont go into any of the negative!
my users have a big part in what i do ... when u guys request something i try to do my best to add it .. if i dont know how to do something i will read as much as i can .. i do not know everything .. and those requests have helped me learn lots of stuff i had no clue about!!! so i thank u!!!
i also want to thank the devs that take the time to make tutorials these guys dont get half the credit they deserve .. they dont have to do what they do .. yet there nice enough to take the time to help all of us!! and sharing knowledge is what i think android is all about, maybe im odd but i look at this community as a team!
in closing .. thank u guys for respecting each other and helping me and other users out!!! ... :good:
Starting with GoldenEye v33.3, SkyFall (6.1.14), Maple Leaf (6.1.14), and Goldfinger v1, Aroma has been incorporated into the installation process and is fully compatible with Safestrap right out of the box. Thanks @iB4STiD
***Those wanting to flash MD ROM, must be on NJ4 Base before you flash.***
For those coming from a previous 4.4.2 ROM or rooted NB1, NC1, NI1 or NJ4...
1. Reboot into Safestrap 3.72 Recovery
2. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > everything EXCEPT extsdcard
3. Install latest ROM zip
4. In Aroma, select "Safestrap" version and continue through selections
5. When Aroma finishes, uncheck "reboot" option and then press "reboot" to exit back to safestrap.
6. Install ATT Modules
7. Install SuperSU
*** If you reboot without flashing modules or SuperSu... complete the initial set up of the ROM, then reboot back into safestrap and flash the 2 files. Nothing hurt. ***
First time flashing a ROM via Safestrap? Coming from Stock or a 4.3 ROM? Still hesitant of the process in general?
Please see POST #2 here... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2616221.
It contains detailed installation instructions broken down by base.