• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

[ROM][GPL] [KK 4.4.4] ♦ PURITY ROM ♦ (Mako) 15/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobel

Jun 25, 2013
www.strobelartesao.com.br
Out of curiosity, why are so many people so excited for 4.4.2? It's a couple of security updates plus a "feature" that hides app privacy settings from the user (source: http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/1...49h-hides-app-ops-and-fixes-flash-sms-attack/).

Am I missing something? Or did diarios announce some killer new features for the next release?
+1

I just think that people have seen so good things coming from dariosF that every time that something new comes, they are exited haha! I'm still on 4.4 because I think it is working so well that I don't want to mess it out hahaha

n4
Purity ROM
Matrix kernel

themike10452

Nov 15, 2012
Batroun
Out of curiosity, why are so many people so excited for 4.4.2? It's a couple of security updates plus a "feature" that hides app privacy settings from the user (source: http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/1...49h-hides-app-ops-and-fixes-flash-sms-attack/).

Am I missing something? Or did diarios announce some killer new features for the next release?
we're not exactly waiting for 4.4.2, we're waiting for a new feature packed release from Darios based on 4.4.2 :p

Sent using my nexus⁴ running Purity ROM 4.4.1 powered by Hells-Core b42-n Linux 3.4.71 kernel.

tsheeley

Sep 14, 2009
Van Nuys, CA
it could be better :D...heres mine for light use...few phone calls..texts....fb instagram and mostly xda......i am testing faux kernel for now....not the smoothest like semaphore but battery is not bad.
That's pretty impressive. I'm sure if I went a whole day without going on Tapped Out that I'd have much better battery.......... but that's not gonna happen... too addicted to that game. Haha.

I'll probably try out Semaphore next week.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

we're not exactly waiting for 4.4.2, we're waiting for a new feature packed release from Darios based on 4.4.2 :p

Sent using my nexus⁴ running Purity ROM 4.4.1 powered by Hells-Core b42-n Linux 3.4.71 kernel.
Speaking of features... I remembered one I'd like to have... it would be awesome if the volume buttons would swap when inverted. :cool:

Reactions: CoolApps

[email protected]

Nov 5, 2010
for me is more like having a latest version in my phone.... coz that's why I got Nexus phone...features... it really doesn't matter to me.... i take what i get.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

themike10452

Nov 15, 2012
Batroun
guys I need some assistance. Can anyone using whatsapp go into a chat, draw the keyboard up, then click on the emoticons drawer. will both keyboards open up on top of each other? it's happening to me. Also keyboard behaviour won't allow me to edit a facebook comment using fb app.

CoolApps

May 12, 2011
muffin.cloud
That's pretty impressive. I'm sure if I went a whole day without going on Tapped Out that I'd have much better battery.......... but that's not gonna happen... too addicted to that game. Haha.

I'll probably try out Semaphore next week.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Speaking of features... I remembered one I'd like to have... it would be awesome if the volume buttons would swap when inverted. :cool:
Yeah, the volume controls do end up not making sense when in landscape.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

m_harsh

Feb 9, 2013
Mumbai
I don't believe in benchmarks... Just ran for fun n then couldn't control sharing :p ... This rom is phenomenal... Great work..
Purity + franco kernel... No mods

Sent from my Nexus 4

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
Can we seriously stop posting OT, useless benchmark scores, and questions here?

There is a thread for all that stuff here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=48054890

After PSX was closed this thread has become even more cluttered than before.

I come here to read what's new and all thats here is countless pages of OT talk, questions that have been answered 100s of times, literally, people still asking for OTAs and people complaining or whining about features. Please use that other thread for all of this. It was created for that purpose. Anyone who asks a question, direct them to the Q&A/Discussion thread. Wanna share awesome benchmark scores that are useless, go to the Q&A/Discussion thread. What's so hard about that?

Unless you have a logcat detecting a bug,or a way to help further the development of this ROM please post here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=48054890

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City

navillos

Aug 3, 2009
HOUSTON
Clean install and for some reason i don't get notifications from apps. Messaging and gmail are fine. But all other apps don't notify on purity on mako. But purity on my flo everything acts normally, all notifications come through.

carlos67

Oct 29, 2010
Clean install and for some reason i don't get notifications from apps. Messaging and gmail are fine. But all other apps don't notify on purity on mako. But purity on my flo everything acts normally, all notifications come through.
+1 totally clean flash including data & system wipe. Everything else working flawlessly but not getting stock email client notifications even though when I open the email app the emails download ok. I have checked and I have sync on and sync schedule set to 1 hour. I have checked in the email settings and notifications is set on with a notification sound selected.

I'm baffled why it isn't working. Anyone else not getting stock email app notifications? Can you test it?

Edit: messaging app notifications are fine - just stock email app.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.