• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[ROM][GPL] [KK 4.4.4] ♦ PURITY ROM ♦ (Mako) 15/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

xda890

Oct 26, 2007
Think I have found a bug... If I got to Settings - Mobile Networks and Access Point Names, the only thing I can do is to add APN but I want to edit the existing one... (just easier... :) ) but nothing happens when I choose any APNs...

Regards,

BTJ

Chochiwpg

Feb 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Pmsl, yeah I called you an adult lol. Just reflashed pa gapps and prob still there. I'll revert to nandroid and try again, if that doesn't work looks like I've just fooked it up and will have to re-buy apps : ( I'll let you know how it goes bud
Just curios, is your nandroid Android 4.2.2 based or Android 4.3?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

forcedairinduction

Mar 24, 2013
Just curios, is your nandroid Android 4.2.2 based or Android 4.3?

4.3 mate. Tried all sorts of things to resolve my prob. When I revert back to nandroid, all is good, have all apps etc. Tried reflashing purity with pa gapps etc, still no sign of my paid apps. Sometimes in life you have to take one for the team. Im resigned to the fact that I've lost them. Paid again for ones that i can't live without, the rest, I'll just have to get used to not having again : ( Fyi. S4 patch works nicely with the ROM ; )

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Don't get how all your data is gone without you altering something to cause that. Apps and contacts don't just disappear out of the blue, at least in my experience. I'm not being rude, I'm just giving you advice.
Nor do I mate. I must have done something to fudge it : ( I didn't mean to be snappy. Tough day at work+beer to compensate+fudging my phone = me being a tad acid tongued. peace bro

ciprianruse88

Mar 14, 2012
Graceland
So then which kernel is commonly suggested? I believe there are not too many options as the JSS to JWR zip brings back deadlocks (which I'm avoiding). Faux?
Believe me...I tested all and franco or franco based kernels are the smoothest in my opinion.Test and see. U can use AK,faux,franco,semaphore...etc but you can use from purified kernel thread the mod that makes jss kernels to work on jwr builds but at the cost of deadlocks :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ernestnwanu

Chochiwpg

Feb 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Believe me...I tested all and franco or franco based kernels are the smoothest in my opinion.Test and see. U can use AK,faux,franco,semaphore...etc but you can use from purified kernel thread the mod that makes jss kernels to work on jwr builds ;)
Your suggestion of Faux JWR enhanced stock is flawless on this build.

Oh and torch probably doesn't work because there was no torch.apk in the app drawer. I installed the app called flashlight and use it on my nav ring shortcut and it works great. Work around for the time being.

rawdealer

Mar 17, 2011
District 1
So then which kernel is commonly suggested? I believe there are not too many options as the JSS to JWR zip brings back deadlocks (which I'm avoiding). Faux?
Commonly..... :) You've got the answer.
Commonly is compared to fruit company. The best and the smoothest is still stock kernel. But you don't have to believe me :D
Just try them all and take the best one. ;)

Sent from my Nexus⁴

Reactions: ernestnwanu

djnewt

Apr 1, 2013
Manchester
Good rom this..I was sick to death of the JSS builds locking up the keyboard, pausing games etc...Oh and i can finally send a picture through standard sms without using Textra app....Well done for your hard work Purity team.

nedooo

Dec 26, 2010
Sarajevo
Your suggestion of Faux JWR enhanced stock is flawless on this build.

Oh and torch probably doesn't work because there was no torch.apk in the app drawer. I installed the app called flashlight and use it on my nav ring shortcut and it works great. Work around for the time being.

It is not related to system torch app, since I used it on from pull down status bar while I removed it from system on PSX...
Will wait 'till its sorted and flash this since I'm also getting tired of buggy JSS :-0

Reactions: Chochiwpg

Chochiwpg

Feb 3, 2012
Winnipeg
It is not related to system torch app, since I used it on from pull down status bar while I removed it from system on PSX...
Will wait 'till its sorted and flash this since I'm also getting tired of buggy JSS :-0
Ah ok good to know. Although the torch.apk was also not available in the build and I think it was in the past? Correct me if I am wrong.

DariosF

Aug 24, 2009
AndroidLand
It's normal. Psx ROM is using kevin's qscp that doesn't need torch.apk. So it's easy to fix my fail (lol). Just download and install it. :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone