• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

[ROM] [GPL] Team Villain Presents... FroydVillain 1.7.2 (Based on CM6.1 Final)

geniy1982

Nov 20, 2010
I've noticed that in this ROM the quality of sound is for some reason worse than in 1.5.0. I had to use MixZing's equalizer to turn down trebles, bacause hi hats and hissing consonants sound as if a razor is running across my brain. As for headphones, I use quite decent ones, Sennheiser CX 300-II Precision. Are there any kinds of sound drivers for Android to sort this issue?

Timmac

Apr 8, 2010
Shamelessly c&p'ing this from villain forums-

Have installed 1.7.1 and then 1.7.2 which was supposed to fix things not showing up in the market but I still can't see some?

Main one I'm looking for is tweetdeck, another is flixter. They just don't show. I tried market enabler, but that didn't help...

Hope someone can guide me? Thanks in advance.

merlin699

Apr 8, 2008
Shamelessly c&p'ing this from villain forums-

Have installed 1.7.1 and then 1.7.2 which was supposed to fix things not showing up in the market but I still can't see some?

Main one I'm looking for is tweetdeck, another is flixter. They just don't show. I tried market enabler, but that didn't help...

Hope someone can guide me? Thanks in advance.
did you wipe the market-cache?

merlin699

Apr 8, 2008
I have to come back to the apps2sd issue. my memory is getting low and drivewatch tells me that I only have 170mb instead of 512.
in the nandroid backup folder the "ext.tar" file has just 1.00 KB, I think that (automatic)apps2sd is not working for me (it always worked like a charm on VR12).

yes I did a full wipe, moving apps manually to sd with app2sd works.

darthrevan

Jul 2, 2010
Does anyone know, which apk file is critical for google backup to work?
I deleted this ones
"AndChat.apk
CPUSpeed.apk
Calculator.apk
CarHomeGoogle.apk
CarHomeLauncher.apk
ChromeToPhone.apk
DeskClock.apk
Development.apk
Facebook.apk
FroydVillain-1.5.0-release-signed.zip
GenieWidget.apk
GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
HTC_IME_themed.apk
MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk
Music.apk
PassionQuickOffice.apk
PicoTts.apk
Stk.apk
Street.apk
TtsService.apk
Twitter.apk
Vlingo.apk
YouTube.apk
ZeroXBenchmark.apk
com.twitter.android-1.apk
kickback.apk
kz.mek.DialerOne-1.apk
nindroid-v3.1-122-691-nologo-release-signed.zip
soundback.apk
talkback.apk"
and it does not seem to work. After I reinstalled rom no settings were downloaded nor apps.

androguns

Dec 11, 2010
SD card issue

Hi,
Just flashed the latest version.
I followed all the steps and did complete wipe.

However, when my phone turns on, there is the sd card icon in notification area. When I pull down the notification bar, there is a msg that reads "SD card safe to remove. You can safely remove sd card."

Also, it seems that the GPS is not working.

I have wiped again and reinstalled the ROM but the issue persists. It seems that the sd card is not recognised...

How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance...

** I noticed that the Baseband version on my phone (63.18.55.06OU_6.35.15.01) is different than that in the screenshot (63.18.55.06OU_6.35.17.03)... Can that be the reason? What might have happened? How can I correct?

Last edited:

bellor

Jan 22, 2008
Bucharest
The rom does not contain the radio. You have the radio rom you always had if you never flashed a new one (and I assume you did not). The GPS problem may be because the radio is not compatible with the rom/kernel. Just go here http://www.villainrom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?307-Gsm-Hero-Radio-Roms-Download-Links and download the next to latest radio (update-hero-radio-63.18.55.06PU_6.35.15.14-signed.zip) and flash it. Check the MD5 sum first to correspond to the one on the page for that file. Do not flash if they differ. Just redownload. For the flash procedure please follow the instructions for Upgrading the Radio (here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=645253) and do not panic if it takes a while to boot, that is normal.
I said to not to download the latest radio because I have had problems with it, and so have others.

Reactions: androguns

androguns

Dec 11, 2010
The rom does not contain the radio. You have the radio rom you always had if you never flashed a new one (and I assume you did not). The GPS problem may be because the radio is not compatible with the rom/kernel. Just go here http://www.villainrom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?307-Gsm-Hero-Radio-Roms-Download-Links and download the next to latest radio (update-hero-radio-63.18.55.06PU_6.35.15.14-signed.zip) and flash it. Check the MD5 sum first to correspond to the one on the page for that file. Do not flash if they differ. Just redownload. For the flash procedure please follow the instructions for Upgrading the Radio (here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=645253) and do not panic if it takes a while to boot, that is normal.
I said to not to download the latest radio because I have had problems with it, and so have others.
Hi Bellor,

I have a few q's:
1. Is the method of flashing new radio similar to that of flashing a ROM (i.e. from recovery -> install from sd card)?
2. The code to check MD5 sum - how do I enter it?
3. What is the issue with sd card...sd card is available through recovery screen, but not when e.g. I try to access music or photo gallery...?

Thanks again.

bellor

Jan 22, 2008
Bucharest
1. Flashing a radio starts the same but differs a bit in that the radio actually flashes between 2 boots and also wipes Dalvik automatically... that is why the first boot takes about 5 minutes. Please follow the guide I linked to... you DO NOT NEED ANY MORE HELP ASIDE FROM WHAT IT SAYS THERE. Just follow it to the letter... and please read it before doing the thing.
2. To check MD5 sum search for a free MD5 checker on google. You pick the file, input the given MD5 code and it compares what it gets from the file with what you inputed.
3. With this I cannot help you. Maybe try to make a backup of the card on the computer and then partition the card with Recovery. Try that and see what happens.

fiscidtox

Dec 2, 2010
I don't think that is entirely true. I have never flashed a new radio, yet I have installed a few roms and yet I have the latest radio. Are you sure that no roms ever update radio as well? I assumed they did.

bellor

Jan 22, 2008
Bucharest
You are right. Some cooks may include the radio they feel is best with their rom. Still, this is something very few cooks do anymore since the radio you use is a very subjective choice. Maybe I jumped to conclusions, but in my experience only very "green" cooks do this and then they learn and don't anymore.

Sent from my HTC Hero using XDA App

androguns

Dec 11, 2010
1. Flashing a radio starts the same but differs a bit in that the radio actually flashes between 2 boots and also wipes Dalvik automatically... that is why the first boot takes about 5 minutes. Please follow the guide I linked to... you DO NOT NEED ANY MORE HELP ASIDE FROM WHAT IT SAYS THERE. Just follow it to the letter... and please read it before doing the thing.
2. To check MD5 sum search for a free MD5 checker on google. You pick the file, input the given MD5 code and it compares what it gets from the file with what you inputed.
3. With this I cannot help you. Maybe try to make a backup of the card on the computer and then partition the card with Recovery. Try that and see what happens.
Hi,
SD card started working after I deleted some old folders on the card.
Interestingly, I did not have to update the radio. Apart from delay in connecting to mobile network after turning on the phone, everything is working just fine.
One small complaint for this ROM (I haven't tried any other ROMs) is that visually it is not polished like HTC stock. I guess incresed performance is the reason...

Anyway, thanks for your help.

bellor

Jan 22, 2008
Bucharest
@androguns... I agree that this rom does not look as nice and polished as HTC stock... but no roms, except for Sense roms, do. I can guarantee though that Sense slows things down a lot.

toxic-hero

Dec 9, 2009
hовосиби́рск
i'm on FV 1.7.2 and very happy with it. is there any special advantage if i upgrade the kernel to the latest flykernel? i think FV 1.7 has version 11 by default (but it's somehow customized to FV) and the latest version is 12.

bellor

Jan 22, 2008
Bucharest
You can and IMHO should upgrade to flykernel 12a. It is much better and battery life increases as well. Just follow erasmux's instructions for flashing on the FV rom.

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone