• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[ROM] [GPL] Team Villain Presents... FroydVillain 1.7.2 (Based on CM6.1 Final)

anooz

Feb 24, 2009
Thanks TeamVillaim for such a great ROM.

I have one problem regarding APP2SD. My apps are occupying phone storage memory though i move them to SD card. Initially during fresh installation i have around 140 mb memory but now only 60 mb memory left. Why so ?

I have created ext partition in my sd card.

gackaass

Nov 11, 2009
is there anyway to upgrade the launcherPro?
i couldn't reinstall new one
thanks
PS: any clue that i can read farsi(arabic) in browser?
flash zip? thats my big problem with froyo roms

Last edited:

andreimetal

May 4, 2008
hi.it's a really great rom ... i`ve got just 2-3 fc in 2-3 weeks,but,is there a way to calibrate G-sensor or to disable this future in your rom? i didn't found anything.thanks !

Proz0r

Oct 3, 2010
Zagreb
@andreimetal
You can disable it via the power control.

I can't believe the alarm plays through the headphones if they're connected... Is there a way to fix this?

Sent from my HTC Hero using XDA App

_ejb_

Jul 14, 2010
Hi

Firstly - great ROM, it (yet again) removed any justification for replacing my old Hero....

I have one (slightly weird) issue.

Sometimes (irregularly though) my Hero doesnt power up the screen when I press the power button. (Screen stays blank, but buttons light up correctly)

Hero is still working as notifications etc still sound - pressing power will eventually result in screen displaying correctly.

Not reproducible when connected to PC via USB, so logcat is tricky - is there a way to do this with out PC connection?

Running 1.7.2, did full wipe before 1.7.0 flash, using standard kernel with smartass CPU adjustment method and 176 min 576 max and smartass adjustment for screen off.

Anyone else get this?
Any suggestions for fixes or additional diagnosis??

Cheers and Thanks!!!

treesurf

Sep 8, 2010
The first thing to try is a higher minimum frequency. A different governor (i.e. interactive instead of smartass) can also sometimes solve this problem.

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
Correct. AOSP based ROMs like those from CM sources don't do flash, but you could try the Skyfire browser or Dolphin HD which might have basic support ...

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
Hi

Firstly - great ROM, it (yet again) removed any justification for replacing my old Hero....

I have one (slightly weird) issue.

Sometimes (irregularly though) my Hero doesnt power up the screen when I press the power button. (Screen stays blank, but buttons light up correctly)

Hero is still working as notifications etc still sound - pressing power will eventually result in screen displaying correctly.

Not reproducible when connected to PC via USB, so logcat is tricky - is there a way to do this with out PC connection?

Running 1.7.2, did full wipe before 1.7.0 flash, using standard kernel with smartass CPU adjustment method and 176 min 576 max and smartass adjustment for screen off.

Anyone else get this?
Any suggestions for fixes or additional diagnosis??

Cheers and Thanks!!!
Yep, as stated, increase minimum speed, and you're sorted :)

avlahop

Sep 15, 2010
Downloaded it flashed it works perfectly....love it... few minor issues cause I come from sense...
1)I loved the way sense integrated
With gn especially the birthday part... can it be done with with android stock contracts and fb app?also I can't seem to find anywhere the way to add birthday field I'm my contacts could u be of any assistance somehow?thank u for great ROM. Greetings from Greece

AndrewWalker613

Apr 23, 2010
Cornwall
1. Do 2 first then try again

2. Get zip for 1.7.1 and 1.7.2. Put on root of sd card and flash in that order , no reboot needed between the two.

Boot phone, will say 1.7.1 but don't panic
this is what I was going to post about.

I did all the flashing and it still said 1.7.1 and was confused because i did the 7.2 update as well.

Is that normal?

avlahop

Sep 15, 2010
I also want to report some small issues with sound... mostly on music videos or sometimes on notifications. Any fix on that?

doehr

May 22, 2010
Hi,

i've got a huge problem regarding the Market and google Talk. I've been using the 1.7.2 Rom for quite a while and it all worked perfectly well.

One day, i flashed the new fly kernel and a new radio (don't ask me why, probably because i like everything being up to date!). I'm not sure whether or not its because of these updates but after 2 days or so (maybe right after these updates and i didn't notice) i was'nt able to download any (paid or free) apps from the market and the talk app could'nt connect any more.

I know that this isn't probably the right thread and i also read several threads about this kind of problem with several suggestions to solve this problem but none worked for me. Im a little desperate because i tried so many things:

-deleted all data for the market, download manager and talk
-installed a 2.1 rom, couldnt download neither
-did a nandroid restore from a date where everything worked
-wiped cache in recovery
-wiped to factory reset in recovery

Maybe anyone has a magical solution?

edit: are the radios region specific?

Last edited:
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures