[ROM][grouper] [8.1.0] [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 [2020/07/06]

Search This thread

23deanor

Feb 3, 2015
Same!

I'm in the exact same boat. Has anyone discovered or figured out a fix? Looking forward to getting this working. Thanks so much to the developers who made this update to Lineage for a dinosaur tablet :)
Have you resolved this? I'm seeing the same problem. If you could share how you did or point me in the direction of another thread with a suitable ROM I'd appreciate it.

nsam1

Mar 14, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Nexus 7
Hello my Nexus7 bretheren.
Firstly, thank you all so much for working on this - I really do appreciate you taking the time to work on an antiquainted device.

I have read through the whole thread to ensure I haven't missed anything...
So, most thing for me seem to be working fine :). Unfortunately, as others have reported, I'm experiencing issues with apps not opening. For me, it seems to be Google apps that don't work - playstore, drive, Youtube...They seem to do the same thing - just hang on the splash screen or logo.

For the playstore, I've been able to get this working by the previously suggested method of going in to settings->apps->playstore then disabling and re-enabling it. This is fine as I don't really spend much time in playstore. Another tip you might find useful, is to install apps via playstore on the web, using another computer etc. I always do this anyway as it's easier to re-load dozens of apps in one go.

Anyhow, I'll keep trying to find a way to get around this 'bug' and will post if I am successful. Just wanted to reach out first in case one of you lovely people has cracked it already :)

Hope you all have a splendid day!

N

Oct 27, 2021
Thank you for ROM. Unfortunately I didn't make Google Play working. Do you have any idea
Make sure you use MindTheGapps-8.1.0-arm-20180808-grouper.zip. After you installed it go to Settings>System>Reset options and press Erease all data (factory reset). After it does full reset Google Play store works for some time. Later you need to force stop app to get it going again. I personally going back to LOS14 as 15.1 got way to much issues.

Reactions: aha360

nsam1

Mar 14, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Nexus 7
Yeah, I have to keep force-stopping Google Play which is a real nuisance.
Agreed - it's a shame, but I'm going to go back to LOS 14 too. There are so many apps that just don't work, that it makes it unusable for me :-( I'm still really grateful to the original developer though, and I'll keep an eye here in case things get ironed out a bit...

Reactions: aha360

aha360

Jan 10, 2014
As someone who has managed to get the Asus Nexus 7 2012 tablet just recently to avoid it being scrapped by the previous owner, I have to say that while the Oreo build boots up most of the time, on some reboots, it boots into TWRP after the boot animation (read: RescueParty mode), and as others have said, some applications do not work, like the latest version of the Google Play Store, Spotify, and Youtube. I had to downgrade to ResurrectionRemix 7.1.2 myself, but that said, it's nice to see this legacy tablet getting developmental support here, in spite of the struggles. Keep up the good work folks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F6Sh3RB0.png%3F1
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Device-specific source code:

Downloads:

Known Issues:
    • Camera
    • SELinux permissive
    • H/W Encoding/Decoding
    • You tell me

Installation Instructions:
    • Make a backup!
    • Install TWRP recovery with SELinux support. Older recovery will result in a "status 7" error.
    • Download the ROM and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe data/factory reset if coming from stock or another non-CM ROM (You may get a "status 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
    • Flash the ROM
    • Reboot your tablet
    • Enjoy!
    Changelog:
    Code:
    20190929:
    - Initial release
    20191001:
    - Added signature spoofing for microG, binderize sensors and lights HAL, introduce sepolicies (but still permissive)
    20191006:
    - CPU OC to 1.3Ghz, Android GO, Introduce 256MB zRAM
    20200514:
    - Move to 3.1.10 kernel (more stable than 3.4), Remove Android GO, Some other tweaks
    20200515:
    - Yay! GPS Fixed!
    20200522:
    - Add audio configs, enabled triple buffer, move configs to /vendor, vendor warning now gone
    20200706:
    - Latest security patch, Various NFC fixes, Safetynet improvements
    Credits:
    • LineageOS team
    • @Clamor - for his work in Unlegacy and help with 3.1.10 kernel
    • @Ziyann - for his work in Unlegacy
    • @AndDisa - for kernel (3.1.10) and his work in repos
    • @UnlegacyAndroid - for kernel (on 3.4 builds) and tree
    Updated!
    20191006:
    -CPU OC to 1.3Ghz, Android GO, Introduce 256MB zRAM
    This version can show you warning about vendor, just ignore it.
    Hello! Last build is the final build. I didn't have so much time to support this ROM. Maybe I update this ROM soon, but without major changes. Good luck!
    Updated! Changelog: Move to 3.1.10 kernel (more stable than 3.4), Remove Android GO, Some other tweaks
    Once again... Updated and GPS Fixed!