[ROM][GSI] BlissRoms [11.8] 9.0 [Stable][arm64 a/ab][gapps optional] Official

Search This thread

willcall

Apr 23, 2016
Fayette
[/COLOR]
What device are you using when installing GSI? And how did you install? Like what did you install and wipe? Just curious as I've dug deep deep a time or two on the GSI deal due to same issue I couldn't get my device to boot but there are so many different things that can be the reason. Please explain your install method and what all you flashed exactly and version of whatever recovery you're using.
I have Twrp 3.3.1-2 installed on my moto g7. This is the method I used:
fastboot --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot boot twrp
Wipe system, Data, Dalvik Cache, format Data
Reboot bootloader
Fastboot flash system system.img (Bliss12.2)
Reboot to bootloader
Fastboot boot twrp
Install twrp-installer,zip
Reboot recovery
Resize system
Install gapps (didn't install for me on 12.2)
Install Magisk
Install Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncryption
Boot bootloader
Fastboot -w
Fastboot reboot
Hope this will help you out. I have used this method installing 8 different GSI ROMs and have never had a problem.

Last edited:

flash713

May 7, 2015
Google Pixel 6
What device are you using when installing GSI? And how did you install? Like what did you install and wipe? Just curious as I've dug deep deep a time or two on the GSI deal due to same issue I couldn't get my device to boot but there are so many different things that can be the reason. Please explain your install method and what all you flashed exactly and version of whatever recovery you're using.

I flashed all three of the Bliss ROMs on my Moto g7 with no problems except I couldn't get gapps on the 12.2 version. This is the method I used:
fastboot --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot boot twrp
Wipe system, Data, Dalvik Cache, format Data
Reboot bootloader
Fastboot flash system system.img (Bliss12.2)
Reboot to bootloader
Fastboot boot twrp
Install twrp-installer,zip
Reboot recovery
Resize system
Install gapps
Install Magisk
Install Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncryption
Boot bootloader
Fastboot -w
Fastboot reboot
I have Twrp 3.3.1-2 installed on my phone. I have installed Havoc2.9&3.0, AOSPExtended, Bliss10.0, 12.1, 12.2 and several more using this method and have never had a problem. Hope this helps you out.

Try using magic gapps if you already haven't. It's a magisk module but install it through TWRP after you do what directions say on thread. Super easy just make a folder on sdcard labelled /OpenGApps and place your gapps package in the folder then flash the magisk module through TWRP. I used to have a Moto g6 play and I used them for 6 months or so with no issues at all. Also idk how your device is but on my ole g6 play we had to resize two times simultaneously to get it to resize in TWRP. I would just always swipe it then do it again and it would register as done in recovery.. Hope that helps in some way. When I have some time later today I'll read up on your exact device and all and see if I can help more. .

Magic Gapps magisk module: https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-systemless-beansgapps-mini-7-1-x-t3611362

Alex1911

Aug 13, 2013
Nothing Phone 1
Hello Guys, i get an error when trying to install gapps. Error -> "not enough space on system Partition"
I checked it and the system gets resized from 4GB after system erase to Under 2GB. The Result is that there is only 64 MB available after GSI install.
The data partition got the most space and i don't need that much space (about 230 GB)

The GSI is booting up after system erase, reflashing vbmeta with disable-verity and verifying-boot and reflashing stock boot.img, all via fastboot.
After that Problem occured i tried to flash it in TWRP via "Flash" on the System Partition, after that the Problem reoccured.

Any Idea what i can do to fix this or is there a Workaround ?

EDIT:Found a workaround, should read before i post silly me -.-

Best Regard's

Alex1911

Device: XIAOMI Mi Note 10 Pro (9CC )
Internal Storage: 256GB
Stock Rom was: MIUI 11.0.13.0 EEA Global.

Last edited:

Alex1911

Aug 13, 2013
Nothing Phone 1
Hello Guys,

Is there a update to the latest Android 10 BlissRoms GSI planned ?
Because i'm using a Xiamoi Mi Note 10 Pro and i have a weird sound issue, where some "Sound Channel's" like System-sounds sound normal only a little bit quiet and there the "Ringer and Notify" Channel where Sound is extremly distorted and sounds "robotlike". I also experience this issues for example in an Whatsapp Audio or VideoCall but there absolutly no issues in a normal Call over the Network.

If there are no updates planned i would like to fix these Problems somehow myself and try to rebase the BlissRoms GSI on the latest AOSP 10 GSI.

Best Regard's

Alex1911

Nordicus

Feb 15, 2010
Samara
Is there a update to the latest Android 10 BlissRoms GSI planned ?
The developer on a resource 4pda - Igor~s - does GSI-ROMs.
Including Bliss-Rom.
Quick translation of his message:
Igor~s said:
Update Bliss-v12.5
Android 10-gsi has applied all the latest patches.
Super firmware that claims to be the best. At ion level. Very many changes and improvements.
My personal opinion, i do not impose on anyone and do not force to install.
Download your archs from sourceforge.net

Reactions: Alex1911

RUNNER75

Apr 24, 2013
The developer on a resource 4pda - Igor~s - does GSI-ROMs.
Including Bliss-Rom.
Quick translation of his message:

Download your archs from sourceforge.net

unfortunately rom of that developer manages to start in 3 different mobiles that I have, all remain on the logo screen !!

Bliss not boot
Arrows not boot
Siberia not boot
Ion not boot

All rom stuck logo!!!!! Others GSI working in my phones.

Kangburra

Sep 7, 2007
Just want to thank you for this, brought my Umidigi F1 back to life and works better than with the stock ROM.

Nordicus

Feb 15, 2010
Samara
Bliss v12.7

Someone might be interested: the latest release of Bliss ROM v12.7 was successfully launched on Arm64-A, Oreo Vendor. (Nubia Z17S)
First flashing PT v1.4 then AOSP v217 and above it Bliss ROM.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200604-073433_Blissify_Launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20200604-073433_Blissify_Launcher.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 240
  • Screenshot_20200604-073454964.jpg
    Screenshot_20200604-073454964.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 239
  • Screenshot_20200604-073707862.jpg
    Screenshot_20200604-073707862.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 237
  • Screenshot_20200604-073947899.jpg
    Screenshot_20200604-073947899.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 241
  • Screenshot_20200604-074155173.jpg
    Screenshot_20200604-074155173.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 230

Shreenivas327

Jan 9, 2021
Even though In radio settings (*#*#4636#*#*) I'm seeing VoLTE provisioned Still I'm not able yo call VoLTE calls . I'm using Jio sim(Ind network). Tried Qualcomm Volte patch from Github. Still No result. How can I fix it..?

rajesh vijay

Nov 4, 2014
OnePlus 5T
First off let me start by saying thanks for being one of the few custom GSI ROMS that has variants with Gapps in the system image. I have a strange Chinese tablet (Alldocube X U1005) and while the most of the hardware is great, it has a crappy Mediatek MT8173 SoC so it is not nearly as developer friendly as any Snapdragon chipset as we will never likely see the hardware sources. There is some kernel source posted, but I'm putting all efforts into working with Treble GSIs. So far Blissroms has the most potential for unlocking the potential of the device.

I've been flashing lots of GSIs in a experimental attempts to get a working daily driver on Pie - when the current vendor firmware & images are based on Oreo. The good news is that the Blissrom GSI Bliss-2019-04-05-arm64-a-gapps.img works surprisingly well. Working from the stock Chinese firmware I was able to flash an unofficial TWRP recovery, full wipe, change format of system from EXT4 to F2FS and then flash the Blissrom GSI. I was a bit skeptical when there were many boot/reboots and no Blissroms boot animation. But it did eventually boot and the very first message I saw was from the Android System:

"There's and internal problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details"

Nevertheless I carried on and was super happy to see that wifi works and having the Gapps built in worked perfectly as I was able to walk through the Android Setup wizard and everything worked flawlessly. I was even able to sync my apps/content from a cloud backup and 52 apps & data all installed. #winning

The internal problem appears to be with the camera - as there is no camera app and the QR code scanning app crashes when attempting to access the camera.

As this error message occurs so early in the boot stage, I'm not quite sure how to capture a catlog trace. I suspect that the problem is that the camera has some legacy HAL and that in order for it to work with the new Pie based GSIs that it would take some sort of shim to use the HIDL.

If you anyone is interested in investigating further, I'm happy to help out. I would also point to the xda post (our device is so niche, the entire forum is basically a single thread!)

https://xdaforums.com/general/devic...n/10-5-inch-super-amoled-2560-x-1600-t3821327

At the bottom of the OP there are some GitHub repository links for:
android_device_cube_u1005
android_vendor_cube_U1005

These were ported to the LinaroOS 15.1 and might be handy for reference.

Anyways, thanks for making such a kick ass GSI and giving mid-range devices the chance to get a taste of Pie Bliss!
You still working with the Tablet. i have just completed LineageOs 15.1 from the above forum on my U-1005 after installing chinese firmware with minimal gapp. its working fine but my aim was to have atleast Android 10 as daily driver.
Could you please help, could i install Bliss rom 9 with twrp and than 10.
Please help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    qtDlAth.png

team bliss is pleased to present to you
    BLISS BASS FOR TREBLE based on Android 9 Pie

Our focus is to bring the Open Source community a quality OS that can run on all your devices as a daily driver, syncing your apps + settings + customizations across all platforms you run Bliss on.
    Bliss ROMs comes with a wide selection of customization options from around the Android community as well as unique options developed by our team. With so many options available, you’ll find it hard not to enjoy the Blissful experience.

Notice

The OP and most recent discussions will generally help to answer any questions you will encounter. If not, we will do our best to answer your questions & concerns as soon as possible.​
    We will also simply direct you to the OP if the answer is contained there. We encourage community minded interactions: users helping fellow users allows Team Bliss to focus on the work involved to make things Blissful.
    Please do not ask for ETA's
    We will not tolerate any rudeness or anyone being disrespectful in this thread. Moderators, feel free to enforce anything you feel is necessary to stop bad posts

AIO Thread

bDCQlHu.png

Bliss Source
    [url]https://github.com/BlissRoms[/URL]

BlissRoms Devices Source
    [url]https://github.com/BlissRoms-Devices[/URL]

BlissRoms Kernel Source
    [url]https://github.com/BlissRoms-Kernels[/URL]

BlissRoms Vendor Source
    [url]https://github.com/BlissRoms-Vendor[/URL]

FJaqYur.png

11.8 A/B Build Stock (without Gapps)
    11.8 A-Only Build Stock (without Gapps)
    OpenGApps Pico (only size that will work besides aroma with barely any apps added)

11.7 A/B Build with Gapps built in
    11.7 A-Only Build with Gapps built in

Bliss Builds Website

CUSTOM VBMETA.IMG AVAILABLE TO PIXEL 1/2/3 DEVICES

IF YOU HAVE FOUND YOU NEEDED TO FLASH SOMETHING ELSE IN ADDITION TO THE GSI, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN THE THREAD AND I WILL ADD IT TO THE OP

0Pxm6Ep.png

Team Bliss is not responsible in any way for anything that happens to your device in the process of installing
    Please familiarize yourself with flashing and custom rom use before attempting to flash the rom. Please make sure you download the correct version of Bliss for your specific device. The links are labeled clearly.​

Download the latest Bliss Rom GSI
    Boot into bootloader
    Flash Bliss Rom GSI (and custom vbmeta.img if necessary)
    Reboot into Rom and let it setup
    Flash TWRP installer after booting TWRP.img
    Reboot to recovery
    Flash Root of your choice
    First boot may take some time, be patient

CJQkPNY.png

BUGS: none that i can find, you tell me :D

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you and our team quite some time.

Download the Catlog app from the Play Store.
    There is also a donate version which you can purchase to show appreciation.
    After downloading the Catlog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.​
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving.​
    As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into Catlog and stop the log recording.​
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the forum with a brief description of the error.

8JDB1vrm.png
    unibVyvm.png
    dZUGpNTm.png
    drliI5lm.png

GPp8ZTXm.png
    aWHlnfVm.png

ScFTRWVm.png
    zmYnfw4m.png

nw3FM20m.png
    aBjjkS5m.png

JUV5cDim.png
    08RW5g8m.png

FtnSPdBm.png
    u30Q6kim.png

Hfmd6JFm.png
    ZZ0JGHMm.png

D49fQXgm.png

57yteuF.png

@Jackeagle, @electrikjesus,@rfwaterspf1, @Makaveli_da_dev, @ElfinJNoty, @BitOBSessiOn, @customworx,
    @nilac, @sixohtew, @aclegg2011, @Roger.T, @T.M.Wrath, @kanttii, @rev3nt3ch, @techfreak243,@SuperDroidBond, @USA_RedDragon, @bcrichster,
    @deadmanxXD, @krittin98, @BlackScorpion, @techexhibeo, @droidbot, @siphonay, @pacer456, @nitin1438, @theGeekyLad, @kunalshah912, @regalstreak, @lordarcadius
    A huge thanks to Chainfire, CM/LineageOS, phhusson, Android-x86, Jide, @farmerbb & all the other developers who work hard to keep all the great features coming!
    We really appreciate all your knowledge & hard work!

Team Bliss aims to develop and maintain various OS & software projects for educational and the Android community building purposes. Team membership consist of and provides:
    training, development opportunities, design opportunities, build servers, download servers, design & development software,as well as professionals and mentors in all fields revolving around Android development.​
    If someone wants to donate, please do so via this PayPal link:
    yMdcL5e.png

PayPal Link
    WE ARE A U.S. FEDERAL NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION (501c3)
    2rw5ves.png

We receive a small donation each time you make a purchase with “Amazon Smile”:
    https://smile.amazon.com/ch/82-3580195

Very Important Information
    Team Bliss will allow some minor off-topic comments in our development threads. Please post in the general forums for off-topic comments and/or questions. Overall, please keep comments relevant to development, as this better helps you and our teamwhen trying to determine problems that users are having. We appreciate all levels of knowledge in our threads, and therefore we ask that the seasoned members be helpful to those with less knowledge. Most importantly, do NOT troll those with less knowledge than yourself.
    Should you feel inclined to not abide by our request, the XDA Moderators may be called in to remove posts. We thank you for adhering to our thread rules.

CKUpp3o.png

Website
    https://blissroms.com

Telegram Communities
    https://t.me/Team_Bliss_Community
    https://t.me/blissx86[/CENTER]
    https://t.me/Team_Bliss_Build_Support
    https://t.me/Project_Xtremis

Official Platform Links
    https://www.facebook.comBlissFamilyOfROMs
    https://plus.google.com/communities/118265887490106132524
    https://twitter.com/Bliss_ROMs
    https://www.instagram.com/blissroms

Thank you for using Bliss! And as always: #StayBlissful
    Flashing Instructions for various devices

1. Pocophone F1

-Pocophone F1 on Android Pie with custom ROM AOSiP
    - factory reset phone in TWRP.
    - ( probably not necessary - but wiped cache dalvik cache , system , data , internal storage)
    - since I (mistakenly ?) wiped "system" I reinstalled custom ROM AOSiP and then installed GSI on top of the AOSiP
    - rebooted successfully into GSI
    ( if you wipe "system" and then install GSI you cannot boot into the phone)
    - for pocophone users:
    I have beryllium-9.4.1-9.0-vendor-firware.zip installed

2. Razer phone 1
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F7Yhqir9JV9Y72pSXD6Fag3hIMbyQjUaSiLTy35xFHk/edit?usp=drivesdk

3. Pixel/xl 1/2/3
    - easiest way to flash this GSI and know you did it correctly, where most stuff should work, download the factory images for pie 9.0.0 and delete the system.img and the vbmeta.img
    - download the GSI and rename it to system.img, and download the custom vbmeta.img and put both downloaded files back into the factory images
    - use the ./flashall.sh/bat script to flash all the images in correct order
    - when you're done, wipe data with fastboot -w
    - reboot to rom and make sure you're on the GSI then flash twrp so you can root or maybe backup or restore previous builds

4. YOUR PHONE INSTRUCTIONS HERE - POST WHAT YOU DID TO MAKE YOUR PHONE BOOT THE GSI​
    Patience people. We're working on it ;)
    We will update the GSI soon...right now we're going through a rebase, so I can see what I can do as far as getting a new build out, may be the June security patch if I can do it, but we aren't giving up on GSIs
    Plz fix or remove the awful animation of getting qs tiles white and again accent color upon sliding statub bar down
    Um...not sure what you mean..when you flash this GSI, you have the option to change the qs tiles to different animations, however these are not enabled by default, so you must've gone into the settings and changed it..and I definitely don't know what you mean when you say "qs tiles white and again accent color upon sliding status bar down"

If you're talking about theming the qs tiles, again that's not enabled by default. My recommendation is you start over, wipe data, and begin fresh. That way you won't mess with things you don't like...many people what to theme their devices, so that's not going anywhere. And same goes for qs tile animation..you don't have to use these features if you don't like them, but don't come to the thread (with nothing proving you have an error, which usually means it's user error) and say "Plz fix or remove the awful animation of getting qs and so on and so on"
    Number 1. That's incredibly rude to us who work hard every day to give you something different but still normailzed in AOSP form. And how can I "fix" something when the only thing I have to go off of is your rude statement, which didn't even make sense..in the OP there is all the info you need to file a logcat. But again this seems like you were messing around with the blissify settings and just touched every button you could without realizing what you were doing. If you do have a bug or error, I need a logcat. If you can't get me a logcat and still tell me it's a rom/gsi issue, I will be forced to disregard your posts as user error. Anything after that that is disrespectful to me or my teammates, you will be blocked from this thread. Now please tell me what your problem is, grab a logcat, take a screenshot or use another phone to take a screenshot, and if I see I can help you out, I will. But honestly I think you should start over, that way when you change something, you can change it back if you don't like it.

I'm going to have to make a post about being rude in my threads. This has got to stop
    Plz give a description about byilds variants like gapps , stock , foss and go

Afaik -
    gapps- gapps included
    Foss- free open source apps included
    Stock - no additional apps included maybe
    Go- for low end devices (go variant)

Plz correct if something is incorrect.

Thanks for reminding me, I forgot that the open gapps was still listed, even though this GSI has gapps built in. Also I changed the topic to reflect on this.