[ROM][GSM][2012-11-15] Android 4.2 JOP40C Deodexed

Search This thread

jens13

Jan 11, 2008
Android 4.2 JOP40C extracted from:
Factory Images "takju" for Galaxy Nexus "maguro" (GSM/HSPA+) (with Google Wallet)

TWRP 2.3.2.0 touch recovery is out; it will leave a file when wiping data, to stop the creation of another nested 0 folder in /sdcard .
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1592689

Features:

Requirements:
  • Galaxy Nexsu GSM (GT-I9250)
  • Clocworkmod recovery or TeamWin recovery.

Instructions:
If current installation is a deodexed Jelly Bean it might not be necessary to do a factory reset(wipe data and cache), but otherwise I would recommend that.

In recovery:
  • Do a factory reset or wipe cache and dalvik cache
  • Install/flash rom image
  • Reboot - the first time it will take several minutes.

Download:
http://d-h.st/S1F

Last edited:

chronophase1

Mar 12, 2011
Mine is booting up now. I can check in a few. Seems like I can't change the background. No background_holo_light.png or whatever it's called file. Odd. Edit. Mine picked me up almost instantly via wifi and on data.

Last edited:

lcchan1

May 4, 2010
Mine is boot looping
Going to wipe and install again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

dhollis72

Mar 15, 2011
Installed auto rotate mod from general forum and t9 dialer from 4.1. Installed widgetsoid in system /app for GPS toggle. Everything working good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jay661972

Oct 19, 2010
San Diego CA
Can we install this on top of 4.2 odexed without factory reset?

No you cant do that. It will give you endless bootloop. To play safe wipe data.

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Everything working so far. Flashed over bigxie's odexed 4.2 rom and only wiped cache and davlik.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Good for you. Not for me. Phone is not created equal i guess. Need to wipe.

leets4uc3

Jun 18, 2010
Flashed over odexed 4.2 with only wiping cache and dalvik. Works great. Couldn't get a lock with GPS. I waited about a minute. Accurate to 2000 meters.

Thanks for your work

waiting for my n4

Atrix27

Apr 22, 2011
Dallas, Texas
I'm not sure what happened, after wiping and installing this rom I have 4 levels of "0" sub-directories and all my files are messed up. Can't restore. Anybody have any help?

musashiken

Feb 22, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
OnePlus 5T
I'm not sure what happened, after wiping and installing this rom I have 4 levels of "0" sub-directories and all my files are messed up. Can't restore. Anybody have any help?

Ya I have only 2 levels. Not sure why that happens or how to fix it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

It seems like everytime you flash a 4.2 rom, it will automatically move all your /sdcard folders into a new /sdcard/0/ folder. So if you don't move the folders in the /sdcard/0 folder back to /sdcard/ after a new install, all your backups and certain apps will not work because they are looking for files in the /sdcard/ folder.

And if you keep on flashing 4.2 roms, they will just repeat the same thing by creating new /0 folders inside existing /0 folders if you did not move and delete them in the first place.

I'm still figuring this out but so far the only way is to use either your pc or a file manager app to move all your sdcard/0/ folders back into /sdcard/ after each fresh install before you attempt any thing like a titanium backup.

Reactions: o_afifi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 4.2 JOP40C extracted from:
    Factory Images "takju" for Galaxy Nexus "maguro" (GSM/HSPA+) (with Google Wallet)

TWRP 2.3.2.0 touch recovery is out; it will leave a file when wiping data, to stop the creation of another nested 0 folder in /sdcard .
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1592689

Features:

Requirements:
    • Galaxy Nexsu GSM (GT-I9250)
    • Clocworkmod recovery or TeamWin recovery.

Instructions:
    If current installation is a deodexed Jelly Bean it might not be necessary to do a factory reset(wipe data and cache), but otherwise I would recommend that.

In recovery:
    • Do a factory reset or wipe cache and dalvik cache
    • Install/flash rom image
    • Reboot - the first time it will take several minutes.

Download:
    http://d-h.st/S1F
    how did you deodex core.odex ?? by swaping smali ??

After decompiling core.odex with baksmali, I just compared all the smali files with the core.odex from JZO54K.
    I found out that Random.smali was incomplete and the existing part was just like the one from JZO54K, so I just swapped it with the one from JZO54K.

It has been running good for me for almost two days now.
    how did you deodex core.odex ?? by swaping smali ??
    I had saved data, photos, b-ups, and etc on computer as I expected to see my old files moved on the sd card, but to my surprise after flashing I found everything still there! What gives? Was there news of a fix that I had missed?

yea the file is still there, but in a wrong directory.
    the normal one is /storage/sdcard0
    instead of /storage/sdcard0/0

trying to move all files from storage/sdcard0/0 into /storage/sdcard0
    with file manager inside phone is slow and risky
    (just in case it would hang or something in the middle of process).

but if you delete that all, and trying to copy all files from your backup on computer to galaxy nexus.
    make sure you are not just copy paste using stupid MTP on windows explorer.

because MTP changed date modified timestamp.
    and it's bad for gallery app video/pic sorting,
    your gallery is messes up and unorganized in sorting when you just copy paste via MTP windows explorer.

use adb push command to /storage/sdcard0
    and the date modified stays unchanged.

Sent from Galaxy Nexus - Android Jelly Bean 4.2
    Hi OP,
    Thank you for the work you have done.

deodex factory is ideal for my purposes and has allowed me to make the mods I need for my gnex with broken power button!